• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Zephyx

She really can't have a role in DR:AE...

She's already dead by it.

And I mean if by some necromancer chance, they start bringing people back to life, I have someone who's the top of my list that needs to be revived. >:[

She can via the Ultimate Impostor! Or maybe Naegi's sister is the ultimate impostor after all! By the way, it was never explained in the game why the Ultimate Impostor decided to impersonate Byakuya, right? Wonder what's the reason..

Moonlight

Banned
She can via the Ultimate Impostor! Or maybe Naegi's sister is the ultimate impostor after all! By the way, it was never explained in the game why the Ultimate Impostor decided to impersonate Byakuya, right? Wonder what's the reason..
I think it's implied in his FTEs that the Ultimate Impostor admires Byakuya's strength of character and conviction, which is why he assumes his identity.

It is the only respectable Ultimate where no one would question why you are so fat :p

PK Gaming

More DanganRonpa Q stuff! The supposed artstyle:

tumblr_muer1q7KTI1rjsv4to1_1280.jpg

tumblr_muer1q7KTI1rjsv4to2_400.jpg
tumblr_muer1q7KTI1rjsv4to3_400.jpg

tumblr_muer1q7KTI1rjsv4to4_1280.jpg

This carousel takes us round and round. This labyrinth of life. You can't tell up from down. Havin' so much fun.

2%28519%29.png

Source

Finsihed the game, and yeah it's pretty good, albeit a bit flawed and some characters I came to loathe as the game progressed (Mostly Nagito). And now onto Island Mode......
Actually I think Junko is voiced by two different people in English because of the different personalities. In Japanese she's voiced by Toyoguchi Megumi and it's also probably her best role.

Shout out to the Japanese voice acting in both Danganronpa games and the seiyuu jokes/ references.

If I remember, the two Japanese seiyuu I think they sought after were Sonia's seiyuu Arakawa, Miho because I think someone there really liked Mawaru Penguindrum, and I think Peko's seiyuu Mitsuishi Kotono who famous for voicing Sailor Moon. Doesn't seem like much of a coincidence either considering what Peko does during I think Chapter 2?

Peko's seiyuu is Sailor Moon, so the connection makes sense. Funny enough Monokuma himself is basically a reference to his seiyuu, Nobuyo Oyama, who voiced this character.....
Yeah try imaging if Monokuma in English was voice by Winnie the Pooh and you would basically get the same idea.
Which is both awesome and scary all at the same time.

Zephyx

I think it's implied in his FTEs that the Ultimate Impostor admires Byakuya's strength of character and conviction, which is why he assumes his identity.

I missed that. Unfortunately, I cannot replay that section due to my Vita being broken (analog issue) just before I was able to get my platinum. :(

Alfredo

More WWE Gundham pics

tumblr_nbo4e1Nyj81r96fbco2_r1_250.png

tumblr_nbo4e1Nyj81r96fbco3_r1_250.png

I unfortunately ran out of layers to fully-create the design on the back of his jacket. I'll probably just make it a custom texture or something instead.

...I think alpaca Gundham is a thing I'm gonna do, too, lol

bobawesome

Knocked out MGMM in one go. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. By the end everything felt trivial with the Autumn Hope Ribbon and Ruler's Underwear.

Ugh, what was that crappy ending. After all the twists turns and reveals they set up three really interesting options to vote at the end and then do a boring ass-pull happy ending with no consequences at all. What a horrible disappointment.

I get the whole hope over despair thing, but it feels like the cheapest cop-out of all time.

Ugh, what was that crappy ending. After all the twists turns and reveals they set up three really interesting options to vote at the end and then do a boring ass-pull happy ending with no consequences at all. What a horrible disappointment.

I get the whole hope over despair thing, but it feels like the cheapest cop-out of all time.

err don't see how it is a happy ending...

The whole group have to live and accept what they did in the past, the world is still in ruins, more than half of their friends are in comas, one of their friends who was an AI is (for now) permanently gone, and whatever.

The only good things were that 1) nobody "died" 2) junko AI is gone.

I think the feel is more about moving forward into the future with what you have left rather than "o everything is good now". I mean for all we know, hajime and co can go back to being the ultimate despairs or that the Future Foundation goes and continues to hunt them down.

Vylash

what? most of the students are in a coma and probably won't survive, not to mention they killed their family and friends, how is that a happy ending?

Rubedo

don't say ibuki won't live =(

Honestly I consider them already dead. What Monokuma described sounds more like being brain dead than comatose. Their brain has ceased functioning, it's just that their body hasn't rotted away. So very similar to being brain dead.

And I wouldn't like it if everyone came back just because it would feel like that would make all the murders and deaths pointless. Like the weight of half the actions in the game don't matter if everyone is perfectly fine.

JNA

Banned
Honestly I consider them already dead. What Monokuma described sounds more like being brain dead than comatose. Their brain has ceased functioning, it's just that their body hasn't rotted away. So very similar to being brain dead.

And I wouldn't like it if everyone came back just because it would feel like that would make all the murders and deaths pointless. Like the weight of half the actions in the game don't matter if everyone is perfectly fine.

As Makoto would say, "I BELIEVE!" :D

Ok, maybe "happy" wasn't the right word to use in the DR universe, but that's still the best possible outcome aside from magically changing what has already happened.

I just thought they set up some really neat choices, and even if they were counted as bad ends I'd have liked to see them. Instead the huge downside for the shutdown just doesn't happen at all, everyone leaves with their memories, the villain is defeated, and to top it all off the people that "died" are (kind of) still alive. It just felt lazy to me.

Er, I dunno if I would call that ending happy, I would call it more bittersweet than anything.

I'm ok if everyone who died during the course of the game stays dead. If they want to bring people back from the dead, then they need to bring everyone, hmph!

Zephyx

It's not a happy ending, imo. Their friends are technically dead. It actually feels worse because it's like seeing them die twice.. The living ones may or may not have bodies in perfect or functional condition. The world is still in a bad shape. Though it's a bit of a feel good ending, it leaves a lot of things to your interpretation, which may or may not be answered in the next game.

JNA

Banned
Ok, maybe "happy" wasn't the right word to use in the DR universe, but that's still the best possible outcome aside from magically changing what has already happened.

I just thought they set up some really neat choices, and even if they were counted as bad ends I'd have liked to see them. Instead the huge downside for the shutdown just doesn't happen at all, everyone leaves with their memories, the villain is defeated, and to top it all off the people that "died" are (kind of) still alive. It just felt lazy to me.

Well technically the only one that we see regain their memories is Hinata. I'm not sure if we officially know that Akane, "little gangsta" (as I like to call him :D), Sonia and Soda actually regained their memories yet.

And the characters that died are at the moment brain dead. There is only a VERY SMALL possibility that they will come back to life. (Which pains me to say that considering some the characters that died :( )

bobawesome

Did we play the same game? I wouldn't call that a happy ending.

Pics_nao

You guys have probably already discussed this at length but Makoto's Ultimate Hope and Izuru's Ultimate Hope are completely different right? If that's the case then why not give Izuru a different Ultimate?

Rubedo

You guys have probably already discussed this at length but Makoto's Ultimate Hope and Izuru's Ultimate Hope are completely different right? If that's the case then why not give Izuru a different Ultimate?

Izuru was an attempt to engineer Ultimate Hope and got fucked up.

Makoto is just called Ultimate Hope because he defeated Junko on a live broadcast.

Also, more than one person can have the same Ultimate title.

bobawesome

The world of Danganronpa fandom is a...strange place outside of GAF.

ZDi2Mdl.png

That aside, I guess I should give Island Life a go. I actually enjoyed this mode's equivalent in the first game.

Top Bottom