• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Labrys

The world of Danganronpa fandom is a...strange place outside of GAF.

ZDi2Mdl.png

im dead inside

JNA

Banned
The world of Danganronpa fandom is a...strange place outside of GAF.

ZDi2Mdl.png

That aside, I guess I should give Island Life a go. I actually enjoyed this mode's equivalent in the first game.

That could possibly be one of the most amazing shirts I have ever seen.

Bravo Makoto...bravo.

Man, I was so much less bummed out when I thought the tragedy was mostly about Monokuma heads being put on Sphinxes and people in bear masks looting stores and rioting. Mass suicides, killing family and friends, self-mutilation... yeesh. I wonder what's waiting in AE?

This game really drives home how terrifying Junko is. That she could twist the main cast, who were not without problems but were far, far away from "horrific psychopaths" (for the most part) into basically her mind-broken slaves. ...I'm still processing that.

On the upside, the internet is a safe place until the next game comes out! :D

Wow guys I just finished the game. The whole thing was stellar, I hope NISA brings the future installments as well. I'm officially in love with the series now. I liked the first one, but the second game just took things to a whole other level.

Now, I see that I unlocked Danganronpa IF. From what I have been told, I should read Zero online first and then IF. Is that correct?

Zalman

I just finished the game. Man, those last two cases were insane. Really enjoyed it, so much better than the first game.

I'm not sure how to interpret the ending though. Why was Hajime still "Hajime" despite them using the forced shutdown? Did everyone keep their memories?

DaBoss

New Another Episode trailer just went up, for those interested.
Thanks.
What does Nagito say?
Wow guys I just finished the game. The whole thing was stellar, I hope NISA brings the future installments as well. I'm officially in love with the series now. I liked the first one, but the second game just took things to a whole other level.

Now, I see that I unlocked Danganronpa IF. From what I have been told, I should read Zero online first and then IF. Is that correct?
Yea, it refers to some things in Zero I believe.

MSMrRound

IF is just a "what if" scenario take on the first game. Zero isn't really required (for me at least)

Whoo at that Another Episode trailer. Hyped when
Komaru saw Makoto on the screen
. Also,
Toko's fantasy imagination of Byakuya.
. Ahahhaa.

This Danganronpa Another Episode intro video has some interesting and weird implications

Also
Komaru Execution at 2:40?

Looks like there's gonna be 1) in-game stuff, 2) cutscenes animated by the anime adaptation studio (which look really good), and 3) the usual execution animations

Also hey Killua and Gon's seiyuu's from Hunter x Hunter are two of the children of hope or whatever

MSMrRound

The trailer also implies that
Byakuya was the one who gave her that hijacking megaphone?

Game already look a lot better than the initial announcement trailer they did for AE last year at Sony pre-TGS 2013 conference. Aiming doesn't look so awkward compared to it. Bullets also given a much better looking UI.

Moonlight

Banned
I went from kinda disinterested in AE to being... well, sort of actually interested! I really hope we see a lot more of the first DR's cast in the game in those hella rocking suits. Still not sold on how the game seems to play (although it looks better than it used to and the Genocide Jack segments might be cool), and I'm not a big fan of Toko's redesign, but I'm excited all the same.

Ibuki Mioda: A Tribute Part 2:

jCk0FBBEp0ERP.jpg
One of the greatest quotes in the game. RIP in peace Ibuki ;_;7

I know that it's pretty much guaranteed that NISA will bring the next games (I mean come on... Right?), but has NISA explicitly say anything about it since DR2's release, I avoided any kind of threads or pages related to the game in order to not be spoiled. I know the game only released the other day and AE hasn't even dropped in JP, but have there been any hints on that one making it over?

Moonlight

Banned
I know that it's pretty much guaranteed that NISA will bring the next games (I mean come on... Right?), but has NISA explicitly say anything about it since DR2's release, I avoided any kind of threads or pages related to the game in order to not be spoiled. I know the game only released the other day and AE hasn't even dropped in JP, but have there been any hints on that one making it over?
I don't think they've said anything about publishing future DR games, but I'm really sure that DR is a major success relative to the platform it launches on, so I'm not that worried in the first place.

IIRC from the Danganronpa panel at AX, Another Episode was asked and they gave the usual no plans have been made, but please buy Danganronpa 2 as a sign of support, etc, etc.

It's usual PR talk to not confirm or deny anything until they are 100% sure about it.

I don't think they've said anything about publishing future DR games, but I'm really sure that DR is a major success relative to the platform it launches on, so I'm not that worried in the first place.

It is indeed. Heck when I went to Fan Expo here in Toronto, all I saw was DR cosplay ears everywhere. Fan art for it being sold, people talking about it amongst the crowd, etc. I'm 90% sure it will come. I say 90 because this isn't a mainline DR game, but rather an in-between chapter with different mechanics, HOWEVER it seems to be essential to the mainline's story.

Well either way, isn't it around this time of the year that NISA and other niche publishers announce their future plans? Or did that happen already? I can't recall...

IIRC from the Danganronpa panel at AX, Another Episode was asked and they gave the usual no plans have been made, but please buy Danganronpa 2 as a sign of support, etc, etc.

It's usual PR talk to not confirm or deny anything until they are 100% sure about it.

They said the same thing after DR1 released, and not too long after they announced the second one. So yeah I'm with you on that.

I wasn't the only one who thought Nagito was a crazed out Makoto right? And Akane an Aoi that got all gym crazy because of Sakura? I mean if you played with the letter in their names you would even get the DR1's cast names! Man thinking it about it, they did on purpose it was just way too obvious... When I saw Makoto in chapter 6 I was like, wow, wtf ahaha!

MSMrRound

I wasn't the only one who thought Nagito was a crazed out Makoto right?

Many did. You are not alone. I also fell for the fake Byakuya thing.

Apparently the new person we see in AE towards the end might be
Chihiro's relative? The one fiddling with the laptop. Seems like they share the same voice actor too.

Also, from that AE trailer...was
Aoi's brother Yuta Asahina one of the Monokuma kids? I think I see him peering down at Komaru as she fell in that execution-like scene. Someone correct me if I was wrong..

Chihiro's relative? The one fiddling with the laptop. Seems like they share the same voice actor too.

Of course Byakuya too. I thought those 3 were all captured, older versions of the first game's main cast. When he died, I thought the other 2 would follow suit as well too.

The thing is, they might also not be related at all. In JP, correct me if I'm wrong, but Nagito and Makoto have the same voice actor... They really screw you over. I love it.

Big Mac and Nagito share the same English VA, too. I don't really know what the impetus behind that was other than to draw more parallels between the two characters though.

kewlmyc

Also, from that AE trailer...was
Aoi's brother Yuta Asahina one of the Monokuma kids? I think I see him peering down at Komaru as she fell in that execution-like scene. Someone correct me if I was wrong..

No, he's one of her supposed allies, from what material is showing.

Basically if they don't tell you straight up that something is true, you might as well not think it is. Even when they do tell you it's true, sometimes it isn't. Basically DR is a whole bag of unpredictability and lies, we just can't make any assumptions, because the game will grab them, hold on to them for you until the very end, and then spit out a bunch of contradictions at you when you least expect it.

Jesus, why are wikis so insensitive to spoilers? I know that they want to be comprehensive but all I did was read the first couple of lines of the Danganronpa/Zero page, accidentally scroll down to the bottom, and saw an image that probably spoiled the whole thing.

JNA

Banned
Jesus, why are wikis so insensitive to spoilers? I know that they want to be comprehensive but all I did was read the first couple of lines of the Danganronpa/Zero page, accidentally scroll down to the bottom, and saw an image that probably spoiled the whole thing.

Danganronpa is one of those games where almost every thing you read or see about it on the internet is potentially a big spoiler.

For anybody that is interested in playing the games, I suggest never googling it, going on the wikis, or searching them on youtube until you have played them. Otherwise...you will despair.

PK Gaming

Big Mac and Nagito share the same English VA, too. I don't really know what the impetus behind that was other than to draw more parallels between the two characters though.

It was ruse was a... DISTACTION

Nagito wouldn't have been half as compelling without the various parallels. They kept the players guessing and guessing and guessing throughout the entire game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Hahah, I did the exact same damn thing after completing DanganRonpa1 for the same spoiler. From there, I swore off wikis (or ANYthing on the internet really) until I beat DanganRonpa2.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Danganronpa is one of those games where almost every thing you read or see about it on the internet is potentially a big spoiler.

For anybody that is interested in playing the games, I suggest never googling it, going on the wikis, or searching them on youtube until you have played them. Otherwise...you will despair.

I had to delete OST songs from my viewing history as it immediately started showing me stuff like "DR2 Character X Execution" in my recommendation feed.

Rubedo

There seems to be a lot of DR1 character's siblings around despite the fact that the world seems drastically low on people left. I'm guessing that means the FF has been trying to round up all the class' relatives and protect them.

Top Bottom