• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

MSMrRound

http://cc.bookwalker.jp/coverImage_1073639.jpg

v0WOuEk.png

Hanamura_%2812%29.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's an interesting pose when you realize what's the kanji is covering up, lol
How much should we bet that we'll get some form of bathing &/or other type of fanservice scene involving her & Toko because DR1 & 2 had them.

Also if you zoom in & look close to the bottom of the kanji, you can kind of sorta see some of the white...

How much should we bet that we'll get some form of bathing &/or other type of fanservice scene involving her & Toko because DR1 & 2 had them.

Also if you zoom in & look close to the bottom of the kanji, you can kind of sorta see some of the white...

I'm pretty sure when the Toko isn't shipping herself with Togami, the game will be shipping her with Komaru. Lilies everywhere!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Also based off of the image here:

http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Despair

And the description, it would probably be safe to say that
Fuyuhiko is the guy that lost his eye, Sonia murdered her parents the King/Queen, Teruteru & Kazuichi plowed Junko's corpse, Akane starved herself?

You know, I kind of wondered about this too... Makes things even more disturbing knowing that, but it completely makes sense.

Sorian

Banned
You know, I kind of wondered about this too... Makes things even more disturbing knowing that, but it completely makes sense.

As shocking as it was to hear at the time, I don't think anyone did the dirty with Junko's corpse. It was a very creative translation decision apparently.

kewlmyc

How did they do all of this stuff with Junko's corpse if she was flattened to a pancake at the end of the first game? The game seems to retcon that happening if the body parts from her are still somewhat functional.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's one thing I kind of hope is addressed in AE.....unless they were all "NOPE, she actually escaped the same way Makoto escaped during his execution!"

It really does seem like the executions and actual game take place in a different universe sometimes. There's the deal with Junko's corpse or Mondo's body being in the freezer despite being butter. Don't think they'll actually address this, but I'd welcome it if they do.

It really does seem like the executions and actual game take place in a different universe sometimes. There's the deal with Junko's corpse or Mondo's body being in the freezer despite being butter. Don't think they'll actually address this, but I'd welcome it if they do.

Maybe with the exception of Leon's and Teruteru's (which happen in full view of everyone else), when the killer's dragged away they just get murked by Monokuma and the executions are just pre-made videos that Junko uses to instill despair in the survivors. That would at least make some degree of sense.

You're assuming said body of Mondo isn't a stash of pancakes with butter in a freezer.

Alternatively, some of his body remained and we just didn't see it.

Labrys

I forget if anyone posted it, but Another Episode was scored in Famitsu.
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) – 10/9/10/9
Danganronpa: Another Episode (PSV) – 10/8/9/8
Kiniro no Corda 3: Another Sky (PSP) – 9/9/9/8
Bakumatsu Rock Ultra Soul (PSV/PSP) – 8/8/8/8
The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II (PS3/Vita) – 8/8/8/7
Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U) – 8/8/7/7
Custom Monsters (3DS) – 8/7/7/8
Haikyu!! Tsunage! Itadaki no Keshiki!! (3DS) – 7/7/8/7
Kamisama to Unmei Kakusei no Cross Thesis (PS3) – 8/7/6/7
Killer Instinct (XBO) – 8/7/6/7
Monobeno: Pure Smile (PSV) – 6/8/7/6
Satomi Hakkenden Hamaji Hime no Ki (PSP) – 7/7/7/6
Gardenscapes (3DS) – 6/7/7/6

Danganronpa 2 on PSP was given a 10/9/9/9, so a bit less but I'm still pumped for the game.

also Bayo 2 getting that near perfect score YEHA

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
As shocking as it was to hear at the time, I don't think anyone did the dirty with Junko's corpse. It was a very creative translation decision apparently.

Oh I know we went over that a few pages ago, but still everything is still frightening and grotesque on its own (no matter what was done with Junko's corpse/ovaries/whatevers).

mine hasn't shipped yet

something something despair something

though i mean it's like 5 AM on release day right now so i didn't exactly expect it to have quite yet

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
i want everything Monokuma

I've been able to find TONS of Monokuma (and some Monomi/cast of characters) at local anime cons. Monokuma plush from 2 are all available in physical form, too! Was neat to see those in game after seeing their real counterparts. All official merch too, but since they are all likely UFO plush, seem difgicult to find online.

ByCbpRcCQAAfUEV.png

What a loner

This does remind me that I did like more of the survivors had close relations to someone who died earlier unlike in the first game where it was only really Aoi and I guessssss Makoto since he doesn't seem to give up on Maizono.

Though would have preferred Nanami instead of Nagito, I guess it's more for people who weren't AI

Moonlight

Banned
Playing DR2 with some hindsight is a pretty interesting thing. You know that during Chapter 2's last free time period, you can't find Peko, Fuyuhiko, Hiyoko, or Mahiru anywhere?

Also, found it a little neat how Mahiru talks about how Teruteru's motivation wasn't 'boring' like Monokuma said it was, because of his mother, given Mahiru's respect for her own mother you learn in her FTEs.

Playing DR2 with some hindsight is a pretty interesting thing. You know that during Chapter 2's last free time period, you can't find Peko, Fuyuhiko, Hiyoko, or Mahiru anywhere?

Also, found it a little neat how Mahiru talks about how Teruteru's motivation wasn't 'boring' like Monokuma said it was, because of his mother, given Mahiru's respect for her own mother you learn in her FTEs.

Yeah, I actually did notice that, which is why I was kinda suspicious of Chiaki during Chapter 4's investigation since she didn't want to hand out at all during the preceding Free Time. That only made the pain of the true killer's reveal all the more tortuous T^T

Jintor

DR generally always keeps track of its c characters pretty well. In chapter five, for instance, the map clearly shows princess tooling around in the military base when she should be in the garden even before you're informed about it

Nyoro SF

Yeah, I actually did notice that, which is why I was kinda suspicious of Chiaki during Chapter 4's investigation since she didn't want to hand out at all during the preceding Free Time. That only made the pain of the true killer's reveal all the more tortuous T^T

The same thing happened to me with Sonia in Chapter 4. I was at 5 fragments with her but she kept declining to hang out which was strange.

So I started leveling up Gundham... and yeah.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It was really annoying during Chapter 4 because I had it planned out where Chiaki AND Akane both only needed 2 more free time events each, but NOPE couldn't hang out with them....

So then of course I hang out with the two that get killed in that chapter....

Zephyx

It was really annoying during Chapter 4 because I had it planned out where Chiaki AND Akane both only needed 2 more free time events each, but NOPE couldn't hang out with them....

They're too hungry to hang out. XD

If Chapter 4 was a bit longer, I could imagine them planning to eat Gundham's hamster just to survive. Maybe Gundham decided to kill because he was afraid of that. :p

DaBoss

I think I hung out with Sonia the entire time in Chapter 4 and maxed her out. I didn't hang out with any character that much (Sonia was the only character I maxed out in the main game).

I think I hung out with Sonia the entire time in Chapter 4 and maxed her out. I didn't hang out with any character that much (Sonia was the only character I maxed out in the main game).

I maxed out Kaz and started Sonia during Chapter 4. Is my memory failing me, or does Chapter 4 have the most Free Time Events out of any chapter in the series? I swear, it felt like there were a million of 'em.

Zephyx

I wasn't able to max out anyone during my playthrough. As soon as I focus on one, he/she becomes killed or become the killer. :(

I maxed out Kaz and started Sonia during Chapter 4. Is my memory failing me, or does Chapter 4 have the most Free Time Events out of any chapter in the series? I swear, it felt like there were a million of 'em.

There was like 5 or so. Maybe 6.

Which is 2 more than usual.

This game is pretty generous with the free time and also pretty generous with not making everyone hate you near the end.

Sure, there was Soda but who cares about him

There was like 5 or so. Maybe 6.

Which is 2 more than usual.

This game is pretty generous with the free time and also pretty generous with not making everyone hate you near the end.

Sure, there was Soda but who cares about him

Kaz actually apologizes to you for accusing Hajime of being the traitor and being suspicious of him if you talk to him during Free Time after his outburst in Chapter 4. I thought it was a pretty nice touch that shows he's not that bad of a guy, but it's unfortunate that they put such a scene during a story beat that's more likely to make you hate Kaz rather than hang out with him.

I think he was a pretty cool guy overall, the creepy Sonia lust aside. His FTEs reveal a lot about why he is the way he is, and it was hard for me not to empathize with him.

Gazoinks

I maxed out Gundham and Chiaki
the best characters
in the main game. Which was a big change from the 1st, where I didn't max anyone.

I maxed out Gundham and Chiaki
the best characters
in the main game. Which was a big change from the 1st, where I didn't max anyone.

I got Gundam and Akane finished in the minimum amount of time it took, but Sonia and Kaz took a bit longer because I bungled their gifts once or twice.

Gazoinks

I got Gundam and Akane finished in the minimum amount of time it took, but Sonia and Kaz took a bit longer because I bungled their gifts once or twice.

I think I might be the Ultimate Gift Bungler. I was really close to maxing Peko in Chapter 2's free time, 4/5, but then I gave her something she hated. So I use the second free time from that chapter to try for it, misclick, and give her nothing.

Then she died.

Only in chapter 4 trail but I maxed out Nanami, Gundham and Nekomaru.

Aiming to finish up Kuzuryuu next and I guesssss Sonia gets my leftover free time.

Never really had a problem with finishing people's free time events up, I usually stalked who I wanted to max out first and foremost.

Rubedo

Real answer is because her FTEs have her going to the beach, clubhouse closet, and ranch to hang out, which you can't do if you're trapped in the funhouse.

Ohhhh this makes sense. Also explains why I couldn't do Akane's rank 4 and 5 until the next chapter. You have to go to the closet for the 4th.

Busaiku

Oh yeah, was Nekmoaru doing "it" to Akane really just sex euphemism?
I was expecting some sort of joke about training, but it never came.

Oh yeah, was Nekmoaru doing "it" to Akane really just sex euphemism?
I was expecting some sort of joke about training, but it never came.
It's his massage/pressure point technique. You can see it during the bonus scene in Chapter 3.

Though Hajime was the only one that had to get completely naked... :3

Top Bottom