• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Rubedo

Massaging. He says it explicitly in an optional scene where Soda forces Hajime to go see what "it" is.

Yeah and he does it to Hajime in his FTEs.

Even before I went back to do the CGs, it was obvious that they just wanted it to sound like sex without that being it though. I actually had assumed they were talking about sparring.

Jintor

Yeah I thought they were talking about sparring too, considering the beach scene in case 2.

How do you get the optional CG? Do you have to skip Hiyoko and Ibuki's scenes?

Yeah I thought they were talking about sparring too, considering the beach scene in case 2.

How do you get the optional CG? Do you have to skip Hiyoko and Ibuki's scenes?

No, you just need to talk to Kaz in the hospital at the beginning of Chapter 3 with the RC Battler manga item in your possession. You can buy it from the vending machine for 50 Monocoins, or try your luck at the Monomono Machine.

No, you just need to talk to Kaz in the hospital at the beginning of Chapter 3 with the RC Battler manga item in your possession. You can buy it from the vending machine for 50 Monocoins, or try your luck at the Monomono Machine.

Make sure you do it before talking to anyone else in that scene.

The window to get the CG is extremely small.

Vylash

Sonia_%288%29.png

DaBoss

I talked to Soda first and was pissed off that it caused the story to continue lol. Only found out afterwards that it is a bonus scene.

antibolo

Banned
Real answer is because her FTEs have her going to the beach, clubhouse closet, and ranch to hang out, which you can't do if you're trapped in the funhouse.

Oh that makes sense. I had not thought about the fact that Chiaki's events are all about going at various places on the island.

pariah164

Changed my avatar.

I always thought this sprite was Ibuki flipping the bird, so when I realized it wasn't, I decided to rectify that. I have never done a sprite edit before, so I hope I made it clear enough.

Nyoro SF

Changed my avatar.

I always thought this sprite was Ibuki flipping the bird, so when I realized it wasn't, I decided to rectify that. I have never done a sprite edit before, so I hope I made it clear enough.

Yeah I remember doing a double take on her hand cause I realized she was just pointing instead of flipping Hajime off.

PKrockin

What's the deal with Izuru Kamakura? Apparently he's somehow both the crusty old founder of the school and the teen reserve student who was experimented on?

kewlmyc

What's the deal with Izuru Kamakura? Apparently he's somehow both the crusty old founder of the school and the teen reserve student who was experimented on?

They named their "Ultimate Hope" experiment after the founder of Hope's Peak Academy. The "Ultimate Hope" is named after the guy who founded "Hope" is what they were going for I guess.

Chris R

Just finished, wow.

Still need more time to fully decompress the stuff from the end of the 5th trial onward. Only thing that kinda bummed me was not seeing Hajime with his awesome hair at the very end of the game.

Moonlight

Banned
wait hold on a second

MakotoNaegi.jpg

Hajimehinata.jpg

Komaru_being_generally_gloomy.png

Tumblr_nbp8fasUTW1t7i2edo1_500.jpg

ZOOM AND ENHANCE

ThnU8w2.png

g0bcQLg.png

QqSJfGd.png

4Sq7pe9.png

iJFPPu93Q1LSM.gif

the reason why all danganronpa protagonists have ahoge is because they're antenna that the player uses to control them

Zareka

I literally just finished this game so I thought this would be the best thread to jump in to.

First off: how in the fresh hell is this game even remotely related to Danganronpa 1? I didn't have very many good things to say about Trigger Happy Havoc, but...damn. This game fixed literally everything I found wrong with the first. It actively mocked the first game throughout. Was that intentional, or is this just a genuine case of a dev/writer realising their first go wasn't that great and deciding to have a laugh about it? I respect them so hard for that.

I would post my thoughts about the ending, etc. but I can't compose them right now. Mainly because that ending lasted just a little bit too long and my hype has disappeared somewhat. What I can say though is that this game has completely converted me. I did not like Danganronpa 1; I have not been able to stop playing or thinking about Goodbye Despair for the past week. It was just a huge turn around.

Quick edit: Also...I like Ubuki's song. :<

PK Gaming

I literally just finished this game so I thought this would be the best thread to jump in to.

First off: how in the fresh hell is this game even remotely related to Danganronpa 1? I didn't have very many good things to say about Trigger Happy Havoc, but...damn. This game fixed literally everything I found wrong with the first. It actively mocked the first game throughout. Was that intentional, or is this just a genuine case of a dev/writer realising their first go wasn't that great and deciding to have a laugh about it? I respect them so hard for that.

I would post my thoughts about the ending, etc. but I can't compose them right now. Mainly because that ending lasted just a little bit too long and my hype has disappeared somewhat. What I can say though is that this game has completely converted me. I did not like Danganronpa 1; I have not been able to stop playing or thinking about Goodbye Despair for the past week. It was just a huge turn around.

Quick edit: Also...I like Ubuki's song. :<

Yesssssssssssssssss

I'd knew you'd come around :)

Rubedo

Is there an actual AE playthrough going on somewhere? I've seen random videos but nothing like a coherent LP through the game.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just finished the game literally 10 seconds ago. I'm.......still trying to process Chapter 5 and 6. So much going on. This is how I feel:

tumblr_mj9ipeGaNH1rvbjx3o1_500.gif

Jachaos

Sooo. Hm.

Atmosphere throughout, characters and near-end game (Chapter 4, 5) I preferred Danganronpa 1.

Gameplay, polish, added music, final trial, I preferred Danganronpa 2 on that side.

Edit : Also, amazing game, I finished it on Sunday but still think about all that happened at the end there.

Busaiku

Did anyone else feel like chapters were really long in this?
I think chapters took me like 6-7 hours. I did run most everywhere though, so that added a bit, but not like an hour+ per chapter.

Chapter 6 in Trigger Happy Havoc e felt really long compared to the rest, but I think it (Chapter 6 of Goodbye Despair) was shorter than the others in this game.

LX_Theo

Banned
Did anyone else feel like chapters were really long in this?
I think chapters took me like 6-7 hours. I did run most everywhere though, so that added a bit, but not like an hour+ per chapter.

Chapter 6 in Trigger Happy Havoc e felt really long compared to the rest, but I think it (Chapter 6 of Goodbye Despair) was shorter than the others in this game.

According to my save file, it took me an extra 10 hours to finish it over DR1

Tizoc

"'Cuz it's a a game!"
"'Cuz it's a a game!"
"'Cuz it's a a game!"

The delivery of this line gets me.

Also Usami/Monomi is adorable. Love love!

AE talk is worrisome but I can finally come into this thread! o/

Man DR2 really keeps going, until it doesn't anymore.

I'm ultimately satisfied, but I feel it all wrapped up a bit neatly, especially for the DR1 crew, their hope is too strong?
I guess it shouldn't try to replicate DR1's open ending, as doing it twice would be extra frustrating, but the despair potential when opening the vault was so high in comparison to that cliff side shot of "Hinata".

Wynnebeck

Banned
"'Cuz it's a a game!"
"'Cuz it's a a game!"
"'Cuz it's a a game!"

The delivery of this line gets me.

Also Usami/Monomi is adorable. Love love!

Yeah that line had me rolling. Also when Sonia realized the cameras were showing things to the Future Foundation and she goes:

Sonia: "I did...a lot of embarrassing things in front of those cameras!"

Byakuya: "You...sure did."

Sonia: "Now I'll never be Queen! Please forget what you saw!"

LOL

Top Bottom