• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Expectations for the Aniplex ACen panel: repeating the SAO II info just announced earlier today (Anime Expo premiere/guests, CR/Daisuki streaming), release date for the next Monogatari Second Season arc BD, and maybe updates on one or two other shows they've previously licensed.

edit: hah, and they didn't even have that much -- just the SAO at AX stuff, not even the streaming information. What an absolute joke of a panel to bring to the same con where Viz announces Sailor Moon.

Clov

Expectations for the Aniplex ACen panel: repeating the SAO II info just announced earlier today (Anime Expo premiere/guests, CR/Daisuki streaming), release date for the next Monogatari Second Season arc BD, and maybe updates on one or two other shows they've previously licensed.

I know it's WAY too early, but I want confirmation that Mushishi season 2 is getting a Blu-Ray release. I'm a bit anxious with them handling it.

Gundam Build Fighters - 16

I could have really used this episode before I built my first Gunpla. My 1/144 HG Wing-Gundam Zero is a hastily-put together mess with little to no trimming and little to no stickers put on.

How the hell did I not realize that the hilariously bearded man was Sei's dad? HOW? It's in the episode title! He was in the beginning of the episode! He acted like Sei in his disguise! And yet I was still suprised when he took it off.

And only in Gundam Build fighters will you see
the main character's dad knock a member of a secret Mafia organization for a toy game into a urinal and flush with his face still inside. This show.

cajunator

Banned
It seems anime has damaged me. Was watching the film Liberal Arts, and was surprised/disappointed the mains did not get together, as they certainly would have if it was anime. Or maybe its just my Elizabeth Olsen crush talking.

Nah. Anime isnt the first to do that and its not even the case every time.

The IM@S movie isn't out on DVD until October?

Man. What the hell is it with Japan and the stupid amount of time between theater and DVD releases? 9 months between theater and DVD is ridiculous.

Japan is really backwards sometimes.

Yep, and she actually speaks Russian as well. Anastasia's a good pick, she was around my top 15 or something.

See above! Like many of the popular CGs, she has a solo release, plus she featured in the group CD for the top 5 of the 2013 Election.

Just think of it as you having, er, highly individual tastes. IIRC most of my favourites made the top 50, aside from Hijiri Mochizuki (sad face) and Mutsumi Ujiie (ditto). Fumika Sagisawa didn't rank in 2013 (not sure if she was around for the vote) but came 6th in 2014 so she likely has a bright future.

Well now. Shes Russian? Ok Im adding her to my list.
What the hell is it about russian girls?

Mature

Guys any Patlabor fans here? I got and enjoyed the two movies, but also see that they re-released the TV series and OVA's. Are those recommended for new fans?
Absolutely. The TV series is easily accessible since it's its own continuity separate from the Movies and Early Days OVAs.

Clov

It was in either the second or third episode of Garzey's Wing; there was this bad guy riding a flying monster, and he said this line that was delivered so perfectly. He said something like "Grah! It must be Garzey's wing!" I've always felt that that line and that delivery perfectly summed up how I felt about that anime.

So how should I watch Patlabor if I decide to watch it? Movie/OVA order-wise I mean.

It was in either the second or third episode of Garzey's Wing; there was this bad guy riding a flying monster, and he said this line that was delivered so perfectly. He said something like "Grah! It must be Garzey's wing!" I've always felt that that line and that delivery perfectly summed up how I felt about that anime.

LOL it just happened.

DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT'S GARZEY'S WING!

cajunator

Banned
She definitely will. One of the PVs shows what's presumably the 10 main girls for each of the Cute / Cool / Passion groups, and she's there along with Kaede. I'm getting Syoko, Koume, Ranko, Mayu and Sachiko so I'm happy. RIP BGBW.

jiCsHal.png

Seriously though, they have basic personalities in-game, and that + character design + the IM@S name is all you really need. The ones who rank highly in the elections get VAs, song/drama CDs, manga, etc.

as long as Koume and Ranko are in there Im happy.

Date a Live S2 6

In this episode, we find out how truly poor the VA for Miku was chosen when Tohka completely dominates her in a singing competition.

Sad for her, but Tohka was just in a different league.

And best girl incoming!

Her time to shine is slowly coming upon us.

her radiance is blinding. Can you handle it?

HELL YEAH

*insert arnold musclebros gif

I would give everything I own to be that candy apple.

Hehee. I could totally believe that!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Huh? Isn't Sumire Uesaka her VA? Anyway Anastasia was the one I liked the best when I briefly looked through them when the anime was announced.

Oh shit man good catch! I could've sworn she didn't have one last I checked. :O

I still have some sliver of hope that she'll have a brief appearance in the CG anime. I have to believe.

Also, Kaede and Anastasia appreciation? SD, why can't I quit you?~

Because you're awesome! :3

See above! Like many of the popular CGs, she has a solo release, plus she featured in the group CD for the top 5 of the 2013 Election.

Oooooh damn thanks a bunch!

Narag

That's not the point Narag.

1) It's not some random plot element. It was the outcome of a certain character.

2) I didn't discard the show but I am glad you came to some other conclusion. Despite the journey the destination is also important. I don't drive to Seattle because it's fun to get there. I drive there so I can get to the city.

I don't wonder now what's going to happen to that character because I already know. So I have already subconsciously braced myself for that reveal. When it happens it won't be as meaningful as it could be. That's what I am upset about.

But go ahead and keep judging people based on your own preconceived notions.

Good job, following the trail back, that spoiler was as nebulous as possible. Spoiler: People die in TTGL. Who could it be? Anyone. Show ruined though.

Garzey's Wing 2

QJJhtZb.gif

And as I stared into the abyss

A creature draped in shadows looked back at me

"Who are you" I asked

The creature rose and danced in the stars as it approached me and said "DRAAAAAAAH IT'S GARZEY'S WING"

The blackness of the night hid the cold metal feeling in my hand. As I looked down I noticed the revolver my father had given me.

"Yes-" I mumbled to myself as I loaded the gun

"-it's Garzey's Wing"

Then a bright light, a moist feeling. Love for your fellow man, the warmth of the industry enveloped me. It was time to say goodbye. The creature approached me and laid his hand against my cheek to guide me to the afterlife.

"Fuck the pain away"

cajunator

Banned

edit: hah, and they didn't even have that much -- just the SAO at AX stuff, not even the streaming information. What an absolute joke of a panel to bring to the same con where Viz announces Sailor Moon.

no way they could top Viz's bombshell. Just no way. Might as well not try.

Gundam Build Fighters - 16

I could have really used this episode before I built my first Gunpla. My 1/144 HG Wing-Gundam Zero is a hastily-put together mess with little to no trimming and little to no stickers put on.

How the hell did I not realize that the hilariously bearded man was Sei's dad? HOW? It's in the episode title! He was in the beginning of the episode! He acted like Sei in his disguise! And yet I was still suprised when he took it off.

And only in Gundam Build fighters will you see
the main character's dad knock a member of a secret Mafia organization for a toy game into a urinal and flush with his face still inside. This show.

Cant wait to watch more GBF. It will have to wait about 10 days.

Link Man

Banned
Captain Earth 7

~Of Melons and Aliens Hanging Around Uranus~

Oh hey, we've got some mecha action in our giant robot anime!

And it looks like we might finally be getting into the meat of the show starting next episode, so that's good!

Articalys

The only iM@S CG idols I'll need to worry about for the anime are the ones who'll have voice actresses by January, right? There's 30 of them now, and probably an additional two sets by then, so a max of 40...

cajunator

Banned
Garzey's Wing 2

QJJhtZb.gif

And as I stared into the abyss

A creature draped in shadows looked back at me

"Who are you" I asked

The creature rose and danced in the stars as it approached me and said "DRAAAAAAAH IT'S GARZEY'S WING"

The blackness of the night hid the cold metal feeling in my hand. As I looked down I noticed the revolver my father had given me.

"Yes-" I mumbled to myself as I loaded the gun

"-it's Garzey's Wing"

Then a bright light, a moist feeling. Love for your fellow man, the warmth of the industry enveloped me. It was time to say goodbye. The creature approached me and laid his hand against my cheek to guide me to the afterlife.

"Fuck the pain away"

So are you enjoying it? I cant tell.
garzeys wing is one of the more pleasing anime experiences.

Clov

I can't believe Aniplex literally announced nothing. Even Funimation had a small announcement! Sure, they wouldn't have topped Viz, but they could have done something. It was pretty much just "wait for Anime Expo!" I want to find out when I can preorder Koimonogatari, already. Individual prints for the Kara no Kyoukai movies would be nice too (probably won't happen, though).

So are you enjoying it? I cant tell.
garzeys wing is one of the more pleasing anime experiences.

I'm enjoying it. But in a very fucked up way. Where I could literally not even watch the screen because everything happening plot-wise is fucking dumb. But the DUB makes it worth it.

I can't believe Aniplex literally announced nothing. Even Funimation had a small announcement! Sure, they wouldn't have topped Viz, but they could have done something. It was pretty much just "wait for Anime Expo!" I want to find out when I can preorder Koimonogatari, already. Individual prints for the Kara no Kyoukai movies would be nice too (probably won't happen, though).

Aniplex is trying to figure out how they're going to scam you.

Good job, following the trail back, that spoiler was as nebulous as possible. Spoiler: People die in TTGL. Who could it be? Anyone. Show ruined though.

Yeah because the
love interest
of the show could be anyone. Or it could be.... You know the
love interest

Mahouka - 07

Why do I keep watching this? Lol.

This series wins for longest exposition in anime, ever. Like I've stated previously people have no right to complain about Fate/Zero when this show exists.

Action was average with the only highlight of
the last action scene of slicing an arm off. MCs 'action sequence' was really dull consisting of entirely explanations and the sister's 'action sequence' wasn't amazing either.

But yeah anyways the usual tropes, MC is OP is fuck, sister has all the thirst, and some psuedo-incest-love conversation at the end.

Narag

Yeah because the
love interest
of the show could be anyone. Or it could be.... You know the
love interest

Who do you think that is? Who do you think the main character is?

Hey, real spoilers here so read at your own discretion:
The main love interest isn't introduced for several episodes.

Simon is very clearly the main character and it's pretty obvious from the first episode he likes
Yoko

It's pretty heavy handed in the first episode too who he likes. Even when they tried to be subtle about it. This isn't rocket science.

Thoraxes

Since they're probably going to do them sequentially...

We got at least 1+ years of waiting.

Hell, there's no Kabukimonogatari date yet.

Narag

Simon is very clearly the main character and it's pretty obvious from the first episode he likes
Yoko

It's pretty heavy handed in the first episode too who he likes. Even when they tried to be subtle about it. This isn't rocket science.

Yoko lives.

Link Man

Banned
Mekakucity Actors 6

Well, that was fun. Nice to see Ene in a different light, and we got some continuity jokes in the process.

Also, I noticed Gainax in the credits. I wonder how they're involved.

Yoko

Actually, the show is more complicated than that in this aspect. Keep watching, trust me it's not that obvious.

Mature

Not necessary viewing.
Not any more or less necessary than the Early Days OVA. The production and direction of Early Days is it's highlight, but I thought the writing was tepid compared to the TV series on it's best day. Both aren't without their merit and easy to recommend.

Captain Earth 07

8QgHq.jpg

Super interesting.

Two minutes into this episode and I was already lost on all the terminology being dropped.
Maybe I'm stupid, or maybe this show is. Results are inconclusive, more research needed.

HEY LOOK THEY ACTUALLY USED THE MAIN MECH IN THIS EPISODE. But of course he can't find for shit so Teppei gets slapped into action because melons. And then Team Rocket blasts off again. Again.

It's episode 8 of this show and it feels like nothing has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom