• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a little atypical, but the making-of feature that came with the Little Witch Academia Bluray does a good job of showing all the steps of making an episode of an anime.

I can't remember who told me about this, but there's some Japanese show called "MAG" that goes behind the scenes at all the studios?

I know people hate Danny Choo, but his studio tours were at least informative on a very basic level. Even if he was pimping his own character. lol

cajunator

Banned
Yea, I know that, I do have stronger memories of the old DIC Sailor Moon then others here.

DiC version was the most terrible thing ever. It took many episodes and cut out important pieces, combined the last two episodes into one, changed relationships, and omitted Stars entirely. Its basically not even watching the series. I watched it subbed as if I was watching for the first time.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
DiC version was the most terrible thing ever. It took many episodes and cut out important pieces, combined the last two episodes into one, changed relationships, and omitted Stars entirely. Its basically not even watching the series. I watched it subbed as if I was watching for the first time.

Yea, I am aware of that, but I am also aware that much like DBZ, they really couldn't hide certain things and just had to do SDAs as a result.

cajunator

Banned
Yea, I am aware of that, but I am also aware that much like DBZ, they really couldn't hide certain things and just had to do SDAs as a result.

Yeah it was terrible. Fortunately we are getting uncut Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon. The next year and a half will be some of the best in anime history.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yeah it was terrible. Fortunately we are getting uncut Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon. The next year and a half will be some of the best in anime history.

Hmmm, can't rightly agree to that solely on the basis of legacy, but these are notable events none the less.

Midonin

Eventually I'll have seen all of Junichi Sato's magical girl filmography. This is a good place to start. I've also seen his most recent one (Umi Monogatari). The power of Kana Asumi compels me.

cajunator

Banned
Hmmm, can't rightly agree to that solely on the basis of legacy, but these are notable events none the less.

I mean in terms of releases. Thats two bombshells in a small space of time. Two well loved classics we never thought would see the light of day on bluray here.

M3 5

Second show I've seen this week where the bad guy, who really wants to NTR one of the main females, has to lick a body part of hers to show just how EEEEEEEEEEEVIL he is

1400517977327d2rj6.jpg

Yowamushi Pedal 32

Mama Onoda is sweet.

Made up for the somber feeling throughout the episode.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon Unfiltered Episode 2:

Yep, it is going to be a fucking slog waiting for the worthwhile Sailor Scouts and we are in pure Monster of the Week territory already and really just going through the battle motions, that was pretty fucking quick there. ... This episode could be safely skipped and nothing missed.
Yuup, not at all.

Gurren Lagann 5
Ah the show is back to what it used to be. Kamina being is old obnoxious self and dropping truth bombs while taunting people. Simon isn't that much of a pansy anymore. Yoko is back and better then ever and I like how this village talked about how she dressed and took steps to "correct" it. It's was a very depressing town. By the end though we still got our fight!

You know something I realized, well it's that red heads are the best in anime. Kallen in Code Geass, Erza in Fairy Tail, Chick in Madoka Magica, Erika in Mahouka, and Mitsuru in Persona 3.

Superflat

You know something I realized, well it's that red heads are the best in anime. Kallen in Code Geass, Erza in Fairy Tail, Chick in Madoka Magica, Erika in Mahouka, and Mitsuru in Persona 3.

Glad to see Kyoko repping best girl in Madoka Magica.

Asuka Langley is one of my all time favorites as well. And Yukino from His and Her Circumstance. Shit, I do have a lot of redheaded favorites.

And Sasami@Ganbaranai, while not a fantastic show, gave us Tsurugi, and for that I am grateful.

tumblr_mhnzt9QBmx1s4mnw0o1_r2_500.jpg

cajunator

Banned

Asuka Langley is one of my all time favorites as well. And Yukino from His and Her Circumstance. Shit, I do have a lot of redheaded favorites.

And Sasami@Ganbaranai, while not a fantastic show, gave us Tsurugi, and for that I am grateful.

I ordered a figure of Tsurugi. Couldnt pass it up. Shes precious.

So many awesome red heads out their.

Mokoi

Banned
Gundam Unicorn 7

I forget everything that happened in the previous movies. I am still a bit confused about what just happened in the end, but really enjoyed it. Going to go play a couple matches with unicorn in Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost and lose.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I know that I've asked this before because the show had one fateful watcher here who was following it who convinced me to give it another try. My second attempt a few months ago got me about three episodes into the series before (I'm not sure why) I never returned to it again.

Now while going through a list of stuff on AniDB, I come across Kingdom with 8.12 rating and I'm like what the fuck
(no really... LIKE WHAT THE FUCK)
?!

What's so good about this show... does it get good or something? Does it have NTR? Seriously, why are people rating it so high? Is it so mediocre that trolls haven't become aware of it enough yet to deliberately down-vote it and the one guy who likes has his foot on the scale? What give?! It's pissing me off because better shows (which I've also haven't watched) deserve to be in its place.

I'm really feeling hate for this show right now.

Zeppeli

Banned

Her poor neck.

789shadow

Banned
I know that I've asked this before because the show had one fateful watcher here who was following it who convinced me to give it another try. My second attempt a few months ago got me about three episodes into the series before (I'm not sure why) I never returned to it again.

Now while going through a list of stuff on AniDB, I come across Kingdom with 8.12 rating and I'm like what the fuck
(no really... LIKE WHAT THE FUCK)
?!

What's so good about this show... does it get good or something? Does it have NTR? Seriously, why are people rating it so high? Is it so mediocre that trolls haven't become aware of it enough yet to deliberately down-vote it and the one guy who likes has his foot on the scale? What give?! It's pissing me off because better shows (which I've also haven't watched) deserve to be in its place.

I'm really feeling hate for this show right now.

Just read the manga, which is supposedly excellent, although MangaGAF could probably tell you more about it.

Love Live 2 7
Feels kind of stupid to have a weight loss issue especially if it isn't visible. I'm pretty sure they didn't alter her in any way for this episode.

789shadow

Banned
Captain Earth 3-7

Wow this got boring so fast. Creepy Salty Dog asshole didn't even get a good punch to the face. Ah well, that damn song needs to be in an OST like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom