• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, is Fate/Zero actually good or are people joking? I remember watching a Fate something quite a few years ago, and though my memory is not clear at all, I don't think it was good.

It's good. Fate/Stay Night is the one you probably watched and that is terribad (Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night are done by different companies). The visual novel F/SN is based on is a little better... sort of, still nowhere F/Z levels though. Hopefully the Ufotable's (company who did F/Z) remake of F/SN will be good.

I really dig how the previews for the next episode in Fate/Zero always have this shattered crystal backdrop and it shows the person whose talking command seal. It's really flashy and cool looking.

Articalys

So here's something I was wondering: has a show ever surprised you by having consistently higher-than-expected production values? I mean beyond what you might have assumed from knowing the staff/studio.

So here's something I was wondering: has a show ever surprised you by having consistently higher-than-expected production values? I mean beyond what you might have assumed from knowing the staff/studio.

White Album 2, whereas I wasn't familiar with the studio, I've read the original WA sucked ass and when I watched this I was pleasantly surprised.

First episode of Hidamari Sketch x365 was wonderful animation-wise compared to pretty much everything in the franchise. Yuno sakuga hnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

What. Nichijou is KyoAni. Like Bones their products usually look very gorgeous. (although bones had this season some issues)

Yes, but Nichijou looks better then the other shows KyoAni has made. And for no reason most of the time. And it didn't even sell very well. I wasn't expecting some of the scenes that it had to be in it.

Theonik

Bludgeoning Angle Dokuro-chan 01-02
zprumg.png

Voiced by Kugyuu
Well this isn't terrible I guess. Kinda boring.
The funny got lost pretty fast.

Moaradin

This season of JoJo for sure. The first season looked like it had no budget in terms of animation. Every episode this season has been very good with it's animation. Hopefully it can keep it up.

OceanBlue

Hataraku Maou-sama comes to mind as a recent show that was consistently more well-produced than I expected.

Fate/Zero 9
Ohhhhh yeah. We get a little history on Lancer's past which was.... interesting. I think they are insinuating that Rider is
Alexander the Great
. And then we get the dark image of
Casters lair which is a horrific sight
. Show has some good pacing.

Yeah I am a little slow on this. It's just when the parents called him Alex I was like "Oh I am dumb". That and anytime there was a Waver/Rider scene early in the show I would not really pay attention. I didn't give a crap about Waver and Rider until literally episode 4.

Theonik

On a completely unrelated to Kayos and bad meme note (maybe not the later)
Are any of you lot going to the London MCM this weekend?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm :kayosing because I can't believe at how dumb that comment was. Like.. the dude said his fucking name in episode 2. WHAT THE FUCK.

Fate/Zero 10
This episode felt like more of a side story then any real meaningful advancement of the plot. Although I feel Rin may be an important part of Fate/Stay Night and if that's the case it would make sense to have this episode. There was sprinkles of advancement of the story with Rin running into
Casters Master and running into her uncle who controls Berserker
. But I like Rin. She's a pretty cool girl.

Articalys

Sankarea.
I remember seeing a lot of surprised impressions for that one, though I thought they died down past a few episodes into the show.
Hataraku Maou-sama comes to mind as a recent show that was consistently more well-produced than I expected.
This would probably be one of the likely picks for myself as well, especially in how a lot of people had lost faith in White Fox coming off of Jormungand.

Jarmel

Banned
Yes, but Nichijou looks better then the other shows KyoAni has made. And for no reason most of the time. And it didn't even sell very well. I wasn't expecting some of the scenes that it had to be in it.

Trust me, if KyoAni could have spent less time on it (make the show uglier) so they could have saved some money, they would have.

Fate/Zero 10

This episode felt like more of a side story then any real meaningful advancement of the plot. Although I feel Rin may be an important part of Fate/Stay Night and if that's the case it would make sense to have this episode. There was sprinkles of advancement of the story with Rin running into

If you like Rin (like me) stay tuned for Ufotable's remake of Fate/Stay Night having Rin as one of the main heroines.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero 10

Best episode!

I'm :kayosing because I can't believe at how dumb that comment was. Like.. the dude said his fucking name in episode 2. WHAT THE FUCK.

As I said above I didn't pay too much attention early on when Rider or Waver are on screen. They just seemed like two idiots.

Second I didn't associate Iskandar, the King of Conquerors with
Alexander the Great
. I had a hunch though and it didn't come full circle for me till this episode. My apologies for not remembering everyone's names or not realizing things sooner. I still don't know half of the other people who were summoned. I am still wrapping my head around concepts. By all means though, continue to mock me.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 6
BoCGSPqIcAIBbgC.png

The way Sora scenes were in these moments made it feel like it came out of those Tag Force moments in the PSP and other version games. Really good to make it feel intense.
Sora felt kind of over powered so far due to being able to keep Yuya on his fett and even destroying Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon once[. That teary scene for the defeat.

I want a Pendulum deck though, their such a good line of cards.

M3 The Dark Metal Episode 5

This episode had one of the few scenes in anime that made me have to turn away from youtube.
when it just appeared crawling under her pants and moving there all weirdly was just plain creepy and disgusting, I shouldnt have been eating dinner, crazy

Heito is hilarious though and getting all into the whole mood in his.
I really hope he can pair with someone else, she is infected so she might as well be off'd, especially with how weak mentally she is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom