• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
So not my best photo:
iUMmyIiIrZHbH.JPG

From Left to Right: Tattun, Kazuya Masumoto, Yoh Yoshinari, Takafumi Hori, and Yuji Kaneko.

Oh and turns out all of the concept art they showed was for LWA2 ( I asked somebody who was there from the start). That said, since they threw out the script, not sure how valid the concept art is now. Wish I had taken photos of the stuff.

Oh and there was a question about why the lead of KLK was female. This would have unfortunately been a good question for Nakashima but he obviously wasn't there. I think it was Yoshinari who just stated "because girls are cuter".

duckroll

Well considering nobody has talked about the Trigger Panel at Animazement, I figure I'll write out some quick points-

-Recent LWA2 script got thrown out.
-LWA2 now that's it not restrained by Mirai will have more 'experienced' animators on it
-LWA had ~20 animators working on it while KLK had over 200. They had more flexibility with LWA compared to KLK which was treated more as a business.
-At the current time, they're not planning on using Kickstarter again
-Yoshinari hates Akko and likes Diana instead. Has to do with Diana being closer to his personality.
-Michiru Oshima is from the Russian State Symphony Cinema Orchestra and she gave Trigger a discount
-Apparently correcting the younger animators was rather difficult for Yoshinari
-They have ideas for Inferno Cop 2 but no budget for it
-For KLK, Imaishi would bring in action figures and that would be a point of inspiration. Like Iron Man for example.

Oh and this was the best part:
Yoshinari described Imaishi's directing style as skanky and perverted while he aspires to be a gentleman.
dead2.gif

So just got out of the 2nd panel. I somewhat fucked up as so only got to hear half of the panel so somebody else will have to report the bits I didn't hear.

-Yoh looks up to his older brother Koh(another famous animator). Has a lot of respect for him.
-They described Inou Battle as slice of life and something completely different than what they've done before.
-Ninja Slayers will 'most likely' be completely different from KLK and Inferno cop
-They're happy about their success worldwide but feel they definitely need to work on their production schedule. They put some emphasis on this. They're also happy about the progress their young animators have made working on KLK and LWA.
-They're seemingly fine with parodies as someone in the audience brought up the "Bully La Bully" video they did(the Hotdog Ryuuko) and the staff will look at the video later.
-Yoshinari likes psychological thrillers(this was brought up in the bit about what genre they would like to work in once their production schedule is free). I yelled out for mecha.

They showed some concept art for LWA(I don't know if this was a mix of stuff for LWA or just LWA2). I don't know if some of the stuff has been released before. However there seemed a prominent male. Also some transmogrification stuff.

So not my best photo:
iUMmyIiIrZHbH.JPG

From Left to Right: Tattun, Kazuya Masumoto, Yoh Yoshinari, Takafumi Hori, and Yuji Kaneko.

Oh and turns out all of the concept art they showed was for LWA2 ( I asked somebody who was there from the start). That said, since they threw out the script, not sure how valid the concept art is now. Wish I had taken photos of the stuff.

Oh and there was a question about why the lead of KLK was female. This would have unfortunately been a good question for Nakashima but he obviously wasn't there. I think it was Yoshinari who just stated "because girls are cuter".

Thanks for all the coverage!

So they still don't have a full script LWA2 yet? Doesn't sound like it's going to be done this year... :(

Hope they're not stealing my money! :)

Jintor

like when you talk about your job and stuff my mental image is of basically a puchimas sitting on a stool directing trucks

or something

Westlo

I've always been curious, was Blue Exorcist not popular enough to warrant more seasons? It looked like one of those shows that could have gotten many seasons.

Diverted from the manga so it ended up getting a movie.

It's kinda like soul eater, can't really continue off the changes. Antagonists who are killed off are still alive etc.

Jintor

I still don't know why that movie was so surprisingly good compared to the anime.

Not that the anime is bad... it's just kind of mediocre. That movie though! Bizarrely enjoyable.

Stunning bg work and sense of place really helped I guess, since the plot wasn't anything to write home about.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Diamond no Ace Episode 33:

Well, this was basically one big set-up episode for the quarter final, not much else to say really.

Looks like there's been a press release:
http://news.tv-asahi.co.jp/news_geinou/articles/hot_20140525_220.html

Translation here:
http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...ed-at-handshake-event.7851/page-7#post-858519

Today, at the "Heart Ereki" / "Mae shika mukanee" handshake event held at the Iwate Industry Culture & Convention Center in Takizawa City, AKB48 members Kawaei Rina, Iriyama Anna and a staff member were injured by a fan carrying an edged tool.

The three are currently being taken care of. Their lives are not in danger.

Good thing their lives are not in danger.

Mahouka 8

They're taking the Tatusuya ball-washing to the next level. Almost every scene in this episode consists of someone or a group of people marveling about how amazing he is. You could replace this episode with a voice repeating "Tatsuya is amazing and perfect" for 20 minutes and not miss a thing.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukishii 7
Little boy king went a little overboard though Nike is not free from blame
What is she to blame for? For getting picked up and carried away?

cajunator

Banned
Mahouka 8

They're taking the Tatusuya ball-washing to the next level. Almost every scene in this episode consists of someone or a group of people marveling about how amazing he is. You could replace this episode with a voice repeating "Tatsuya is amazing and perfect" for 20 minutes and not miss a thing.

Its so bullshit but Miyuki really is quite adorable and Im kind of warming to her brocon'ish ways.

Midonin

Brynhildr 08

The search for the clues made sense, and kept up a pretty good amount of tension, all things considered. Kazumi's hacking powers were a little crazy, but within the limits of what's been established on this show. Kazumi's lewdness, however, was pretty bold, and also artistically censored. Living a life constantly on the run has made her desperate in many ways, I'm certain. And the scene with Kana was just ridiculous.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So in the search for new anime podcasts I've tried listening to the GME's anime podcast. So far they've only covered Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill, which, probably says enough in itself, but it was sort of an interesting insight into how people will try to wield Kill la Kill as something that supports feminism completely. They go out of their way to justify and talk up the incestuous molestation, but my favorite part was probably this:
34:00
Even during the transformations that Satsuki and Ryuko go through when they don their Kamui and they end up in these very sexualized outfits--there's specific scenes in the animation where their breasts like, lift and separate and the same thing happens with their buttcheeks, and going back the second time I was wondering if on one hand you could sort of read this as just pure titliation, pure fanservice or something like that, on another hand you could interpret it as the animators making a statement about fashion and how women artificially contort their bodies to express an artificial sense of beauty that changes with time and culture.

cajunator

Banned
So in the search for new anime podcasts I've tried listening to the GME's anime podcast. So far they've only covered Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill, which, probably says enough in itself, but it was sort of an interesting insight into how people will try to wield Kill la Kill as something that supports feminism completely. They go out of their way to justify and talk up the incestuous molestation, but my favorite part was probably this:
34:00

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.
Granted, I dont read a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom