• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Wagnaria!!2 1

Now in 720p!

And we're setting up the situation again.

ibiVXHJndoOadD.jpg

Syrinx

Happiness Charge Precure 17

Like how this episode was called "Megumi and Seiji's Bond" (or something like that) but it mostly focused on Seiji and Hime. Also Precure yuri shippers everywhere continue to scream in agony and I like it.

I don't really get why Hime was acting the way she was toward Seiji in this episode. I guess it's because she's the one who got stuck making him his bento and Megumi and Yuuko were all like "Hime's gonna make you a bento" when she meant the idea as a group effort. But she and him actually had some good interactions here, and I do like how he was helping to fight the terribads. Plus Hime's pouting face is generally worth whatever liberties the show takes to show it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ping Pong The Animation Episode 8:

I find it very amusing that for all of the unique style and differing approaching to things this series takes, it can never escape the fact that it is a sports anime and is still using a lot of tropes and motifs that sports anime have. Indeed we have a local tournament which is a set up for a national tournament, which is a storyline that is running in the much more shonen Ace No Diamond. Indeed there is also still quite a lot of detailed analysis about every single stroke being viewed by all the major players with added commentary, another sports staple. I suppose the point here is no matter how much Ping Pong tries to rebel it is still a part of the system.

survivor

Banned
Ping Pong 8
Fantastic episode. The music used near the end of the episode similar to the one from the first episode is still one of the best tracks from the anime. Also I started looking up some terms for the game now, figured might as well learn more about the techniques and moves since they will be mentioned a lot from now on.

We need more Yamada on this thread.

working2.png

When Otoo san asked her what she wanted I jokingly said "Adoption papers" and I burst out laughing when she actually said it right after.

I'm not enjoying S2 as much but I'm only a few episodes in. S1 was excellent. Shout out to Link Man for posting his impressions otherwise I would have never know this series existed.

Midonin

Nanana's Buried Treasure 08

More people just keep crawling out of the woodworks. Saki's also moving to the frontlines. Things are getting somewhat easier to follow, and it involves the original Adventure Club. Just not entirely sure where it's all leading. Shiki's got some pretty good skills, I'll give her credit for that.

Linkark07

Banned
When Otoo san asked her what she wanted I jokingly said "Adoption papers" and I burst out laughing when she actually said it right after.

I'm not enjoying S2 as much but I'm only a few episodes in. S1 was excellent. Shout out to Link Man for posting his impressions otherwise I would have never know this series existed.

Well, it gets better along the road. Most funny part for me is

Mid s2 spoiler

When Takanashi discovers Inami isn't a dog.

I'm eager for SAO2 only for the impressions from everyone here. It might still be shitting but entertaining in a different way.

Were there ever any art books from SAO? I thought some of the world designs, especially in ALO looked kinda cool.

Well, it gets better along the road.

True. S1 started off kinda slow too but it got pretty good. I'm optimistic about S2.

Link Man

Banned
Nanana 8

Oh my goddess, Tensai in pajamas!

Oh hey, these guys are back. This should be fun.

This has been a friendly reminder to PAY YOUR FUCKING RENT.

Androphobia? I've not seen that in an anime before.

Also, this antagonist(?) fellow is pretty smooth.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm eager for SAO2 only for the impressions from everyone here. It might still be shitting but entertaining in a different way.

Were there ever any art books from SAO? I thought some of the world designs, especially in ALO looked kinda cool.

True. S1 started off kinda slow too but it got pretty good. I'm optimistic about S2.

My eyeball would not stand to watch another second of SAO unless it came to Toonami.

phaze

Trigun 24-26 END

So Vash spend 10 years with Knives even after the latter had already murdered Rem and countless other people ? Talk about being a pansy. I was bit iffed they didn't shed more light on the whole alien race deal and how the brothers found their way on the ship.

Legato didn't amount to much. Given how he thought his death would bring never ending suffering on Stampede I thought he would turn out to be Rem's son or other kinsman.

The final confrontation was really good. It was nice to finally see Vash going all out, and on
his brother to boot. Even after his death, Nicholas was the deciding factor. Best character in the show.

Mature

Trigun 24-26 END

So Vash spend 10 years with Knives even after the latter had already murdered Rem and countless other people ? Talk about being a pansy. I was bit iffed they didn't shed more light on the whole alien race deal and how the brothers found their way on the ship.

Legato didn't amount to much. Given how he thought his death would bring never ending suffering on Stampede I thought he would turn out to be Rem's son or other kinsman.

The final confrontation was really good. It was nice to finally see Vash going all out, and on
his brother to boot. Even after his death, Nicholas was the deciding factor. Best character in the show.
Calling him a pansy is sort of missing the point of his character.

Under the Sky so Blue is one of my favorite episodes of anime and a fantastic ending to the series.

e_i

Zero's Familiar season 1

Nice little series. I like the idea of
of the fantasy folk thinking a rocket launcher and an airplane are some kind of ultimate weapons.
Nice tight story telling, but could have done without
super falmboyment muscle man.
That episode was embarrassing to watch.

Midonin

Inugami & Nekoyama 08

I'm glad the episode called in Sarutobi when it did. That means we had a monkey, a bird and a dog in the same scene, as the show was, in accordance with the unwritten rules of Japanese storytelling, required to do. Let's go slay some demons!

This Week in Puchimas

I love how Miura's random teleportation was factored into the domino birthday surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom