• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they keep Kenji and Bebe's social link in it, I guess. Curious how they could do that in a movie while keeping the suspense high, oh and the beach scene with mc, Akihiko, and Stupei is a must.

cajunator

Banned
Well, I don't know how humorous it is. How would you describe them?

Madoka - scared to make decisions. she will stick up for her friends no matter what. But shes completely overwhelmed by everything

Mami - she has a sense of duty as a magical girl and enjoys fighting. she has nothing to lose and is very protective.

Sayaka- brash, quick to make stupid decisions based on pride and jealousy.

Kyoko - an adorable smartass with a rough upbringing who fends for herself and doesnt put up with shit, but shes loyal to her friends

Homura - shy and lonely and desperate for companionship. Also very clingy. But so very badass.

not difficult. I think they did a great job characterizing all of them.

Lupin III (1971) 5

Enjoyed yet another episode. No complaints about editting or such to be had here yet again which is nice. It doesn't hurt I'm a sucker for Goemon either. Fujiko was a little more duplicitous in this than I expected but I can't complain. All the Goemon action stuff? So cool.

I find myself thinking the revised OP with the character introductions was a good idea as well. It negates the barrier of entry to something episodic like this by giving just enough information about the characters.

Goemon is so cool...

and apparently a huge pervert.

The highway fight was top notch. Short, dynamic, and exciting.
Some very interesting animation during that highway scene, including the marvelous crashing and explosions right at the end. So ridiculous.

Ultimadrago

Sankarea 10

7oxae.jpg

She's sloppy seconds.

So a step mother, that might explain why she doesn't seem to give a damn about Rea. Huh. This is the part where someone feels compelled to give a captor their life story when someone didn't ask for it.
Classic.

In short, another ineffective story based around more people whining over love (or lack of). When will it end?

Hopefully they keep Kenji and Bebe's social link in it, I guess. Curious how they could do that in a movie while keeping the suspense high, oh and the beach scene with mc, Akihiko, and Stupei is a must.

Considering it's a movie, I pretty much expect them to do nothing but the full moon events. Everything else would probably be literally cameos and fanservice.

Even just focusing on the full moon events, I still expect the movie to be rushing everything just to fit everything in.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Madoka - scared to make decisions. she will stick up for her friends no matter what. But shes completely overwhelmed by everything

Mami - she has a sense of duty as a magical girl and enjoys fighting. she has nothing to lose and is very protective.

Sayaka- brash, quick to make stupid decisions based on pride and jealousy.

Kyoko - an adorable smartass with a rough upbringing who fends for herself and doesnt put up with shit, but shes loyal to her friends

Homura - shy and lonely and desperate for companionship. Also very clingy. But so very badass.

not difficult. I think they did a great job characterizing all of them.
I hope you realized while typing this out that every character is pretty much identical :/

Dresden

The characters in Madoka are all pretty distinctive.

Madoka - pink

Mami - yellow

Homura - black/purple

Kyouko - red

Sakura - blue

Mugi - green

Kazzy

Ah, so I guess they're going with the Male MC after all and not FemMC.

I approve but I bet a few people will probably be disappointed.

Come on, that was never going to happen. The story is built around the Male MC, the female route was just an added extra.

And this eliminates any chance of any creepy Ken S-links taking place.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
All of this discussion about Madoka made me wonder this: would it still be GAF Anime of the Year 2011 if only the votes of AnimeGAF participants were counted? This probably sounds elitist as all hell, but that isn't the intent--this is simply an exercise to see how differently AnimeGAF's opinions differ from non-AnimeGAF AotY participants. The split among voters was about 50/50. If I've ever seen you post in the thread, I included your vote.

So, the (mostly accurate) results of the 2011 AnimeGAF AotY:

1. Mawaru Penguindrum - 243
2. Madoka Magica - 242
3. Usagi Drop - 222
4. Steins;Gate - 185
5. Hourou Musuko - 163
6. Fate/Zero S1 - 146
7. Hanasaku Iroha - 123
8. The Idolm@ster - 92
9. Working'!! - 87
10. Redline 85

And a lot of the votes for Idolm@ster were troll 10 votes, so the REAL #10 spot is Chihayafuru at 81 votes.

survivor

Banned
All of this discussion about Madoka made me wonder this: would it still be GAF Anime of the Year 2011 if only the votes of AnimeGAF participants were counted? This probably sounds elitist as all hell, but that isn't the intent--this is simply an exercise to see how differently AnimeGAF's opinions differ from non-AnimeGAF AotY participants. The split among voters was about 50/50. If I've ever seen you post in the thread, I included your vote.

2. Madoka Magica - 242
3. Usagi Drop - 222
4. Steins;Gate - 185
5. Hourou Musuko - 163
6. Fate/Zero S1 - 146
7. Hanasaku Iroha - 123
8. The Idolm@ster - 92
9. Working'!! - 87
10. Redline 85

And a lot of the votes for Idolm@ster were troll 10 votes, so the REAL #10 spot is Chihayafuru at 81 votes.
Usagi Drop isn't #1, AnimeGAF fails like rest of GAF

Soma

Come on, that was never going to happen. The story is built around the Male MC, the female route was just an added extra.

And this eliminates any chance of any creepy Ken S-links taking place.

It'd be kinda cool if the movie will focus on the end on the game.

something like (The Answer spoilers)
Elizabeth going after the MC and brings him back

then he fights alongside Akihiko, Aigis, Elizabeth and Mitsuru in P4 Arena

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

2. Madoka Magica - 242
3. Usagi Drop - 222
4. Steins;Gate - 185
5. Hourou Musuko - 163
6. Fate/Zero S1 - 146
7. Hanasaku Iroha - 123
8. The Idolm@ster - 92
9. Working'!! - 87
10. Redline 85

Thank goodness the votes are open for all of GAF.

Kazzy

It'd be kinda cool if the movie will focus on the end on the game.

something like (The Answer spoilers)
Elizabeth going after the MC and brings him back

then he fights alongside Akihiko, Aigis, Elizabeth and Mitsuru in P4 Arena

I hope they incorporate the answer (even if people hate it) because the battle for everyone's soul's would be fantastic to watch.

Wow, even with that none of the ones I picked made it. AnimeGAF is missing on some good anime.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

2. Madoka Magica - 242
3. Usagi Drop - 222
4. Steins;Gate - 185
5. Hourou Musuko - 163
6. Fate/Zero S1 - 146
7. Hanasaku Iroha - 123
8. The Idolm@ster - 92
9. Working'!! - 87
10. Redline 85

I didn't even vote!

2. Madoka Magica - 242
3. Usagi Drop - 222
4. Steins;Gate - 185
5. Hourou Musuko - 163
6. Fate/Zero S1 - 146
7. Hanasaku Iroha - 123
8. The Idolm@ster - 92
9. Working'!! - 87
10. Redline 85

no Denpa Onna, the list is invalid

jman2050

2. Madoka Magica - 242
3. Usagi Drop - 222
4. Steins;Gate - 185
5. Hourou Musuko - 163
6. Fate/Zero S1 - 146
7. Hanasaku Iroha - 123
8. The Idolm@ster - 92
9. Working'!! - 87
10. Redline 85

Doesn't look terribly different from the actual results, at least if memory serves.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
8. The Idolm@ster - 92
9. Working'!! - 87
10. Redline 85

One day you guys will understand Im@s. Chihayafuru doesn't even deserve a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom