• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madoka Magica-Fin

http://www.myanime.me/screenshots/Puella-Magi-Madoka-Magica-episode-12-screenshot-003.jpg[/IM]

A phenomenal ending. This was a completely superb show. Now, I must convince my fellow anime-watching friends to watch this show.

[spoiler] Madoka actually gave a wish worth wishing for! I guess my initial theory of her reviving Mami was completely off the mark. [/spoiler]

A part of me hopes a second season is created, but I am completely satisfied if this is truly the end to this mystical series.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, I mean only two to three episodes were good while the rest was just subpar to dull, too slice of lifey. ep 3, then that episode that involved [spoiler]alternate universe of sorts[/spoiler]. I ended up getting friends just to see the first three episodes just to see their response at it.

Ultimadrago

Space Brothers 11

Q605A.jpg

Serious times call for serious chips.

Life lesson:
Friends tell friends when shows start sucking.

Steroyd

I disagree, I mean only two to three episodes were good while the rest was just subpar to dull, too slice of lifey. ep 3, then that episode that involved
alternate universe of sorts
. I ended up getting friends just to see the first three episodes just to see their response at it.

Too slice of lifey? Madoka? Really?

You need 100cc's of K-ON.

7Th

If anything, Madoka's problem is that isn't slice of life-y enough and you can't really bring yourself to care for characters that only exist so that the story moves forward.

Kazzy

You might believe I'm here to say, "It's cool. Everybody's doing it."

But I am here instead to state that,

"You've seen much better."

ZUgTy.gif

...I don't know what to think anymore.

AnimeGAF is supposed to reach a consensus, how else am I supposed to make decisions on what to watch?

Ultimadrago

http://i.imgur.com/ZUgTy.gif[IMG]

...I don't know what to think anymore.

AnimeGAF is supposed to reach a consensus, how else am I supposed to make decisions on what to watch?[/QUOTE]

lol. Well, I'd guess tradition calls for you going for the most popular opinion, which I believe is more "yays" than "nays" here.

I was just putting in my vote.

[quote="Envelope, post: 38740379"]Ultimadrago likes Nichijou, so you can safely ignore his opinion.

[spoiler]muahahahaha[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Hey, Envelope. Want to be a cop for a day?

Here's your badge!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/w28B1.gif

Jex

If anything, Madoka's problem is that isn't slice of life-y enough and you can't really bring yourself to care for characters that only exist so that the story moves forward.

I am actually struggling to remember what the characters in Madoka were like, as in, I don't remember ay aspects of their personality beyond 'otaku database' stuff. That's not a good sign.

jman2050

I disagree, I mean only two to three episodes were good while the rest was just subpar to dull, too slice of lifey. ep 3, then that episode that involved
alternate universe of sorts
. I ended up getting friends just to see the first three episodes just to see their response at it.

DTL gonna DTL

I am actually struggling to remember what the characters in Madoka0 were like, as in, I don't remember ay aspects of their personality beyond 'otaku database' stuff. That's not a good sign.

It's not a character-driven show though.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
lol. Well, I'd guess tradition calls for you going for the most popular opinion, which I believe is more "yays" than "nays" here.

I was just putting in my vote.

Hey, Envelope. Want to be a cop for a day?

Here's your badge!

w28B1.gif

It's ok, my perception of you hasn't changed~

BluWacky

I am actually struggling to remember what the characters in Madoka0 were like, as in, I don't remember ay aspects of their personality beyond 'otaku database' stuff. That's not a good sign.

There was a girl with a fang! And... um... Mami was... nice?

I enjoyed Madoka, but I feel only Homura and Sayaka got any real characterisation - and Sayaka's was "really REALLY stupid", which doesn't help.

In other news, A Letter To Momo is really very good indeed and I looked forward to it being shown in the States so more of you can see it.

/XX/

Yes, with those archetypes even slice-of-life would have been shallow if you aren't going to play outside those restricted characters, mentality and objectives. Look at the scenes on Mami's house and try to imagine something more natural or relaxed out of the original context; I think it would be so repetitive and out of place with the characters as first presented that you wouldn't recognize them in the same way anymore. Every conversation or moment to discuss they have serves to reflect on the importance of their decisions and the struggle to accept situations, and how to affront those.

They are immediately recognizable in their unidimensionality, that seems the thing wanted for the series to advance easily.

Jex

In other news, A Letter To Momo is really very good indeed and I looked forward to it being shown in the States so more of you can see it.

I just re-watched Jin Roh for the first time in a while yesterday and it's surprisingly hard to find the directors name anywhere. You really have to squint to find it on the DVD case. Poor guy :(

cajunator

Banned
I am actually struggling to remember what the characters in Madoka were like, as in, I don't remember ay aspects of their personality beyond 'otaku database' stuff. That's not a good sign.

that's funny, because I can remember exactly how all of them are.

Space Bros 10

I like that Hawaiian shirt guy initially appears to be one of the mooks, yet he ends up being one of the few that actually notices the cameras. Always been a fan of deceptively intelligent characters.

No idea how shortsighted some of the hardcore otakus can be, do you? Pika-tan from Infinite Stratos and Himeko from K-On immediately come to mind.
I'm not sure what you mean, is this positive or negative about Pika-tan? And she does actually get a real name, and a larger role, later in the novels (I think) and also in the manga...

I want S2! Find a way!

Should have been a Yugo.

Yugos are better cars than Trabants, no question. For one thing, they're actually made from metal, not cardboard... :)

There's still a handful of Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A fans here, right? Good news for you; you've got an extra three episodes scheduled.
I heard about this as well, but yes, this is very good news indeed. Even more would be best, but 15's certainly better than 12.

Anyway, I'm still hoping for an impossible announcement of a sequel to the original.
I kind of expect one in 2014 or something.

The first half had wolves, dogs, pigs etc all fighting over half priced bento it was entertaining to watch and then the MC got the title hentai, which is self explanatory in where the show went from there...
Pretty much, yeah. But even so, I'd watch a second season if they made one, which I imagine they won't.

Lain

Mysterious girlfriend X 10

Skimmed the episode because I had nothing else to do, Tsubaki is getting played like a violin by that girl.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ANN - Persona 3 film adaptation confirmed:

ANN confirmed that the Persona 4 The Animation -The Factor of Hope- film ends with footage of the Persona 3 role-playing game's protagonist holding a gun to his head, firing, and then saying that production on a theatrical film version of the Persona 3 game has been green-lit. The Persona 4 The Animation -The Factor of Hope- film opened on Saturday as a compilation of the Persona 4 The Animation series.

The announcement did not explicitly say that the Persona 3 film adaptation would be anime, although the Persona 3 protagonist in the footage was in traditional 2D animation. The announcement also did not specify the length of the adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom