• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Anohana is a flawed masterpiece that people will look back on ten years from now as a classic, you guys just can't see past the nitpicking.

Branduil

Penguindrum was a fall anime, so the show is a little overrated.

I don't know what fall has to do with it, but I don't think the show is going to age well outside of a few select episodes. The show has a lot of plotting issues that sour me on it the more I think about them. Not that it's a bad show, but they make it hard to call it a great one.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Anohana is a flawed masterpiece that people will look back on ten years from now as a classic, you guys just can't see past the nitpicking.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - 8.74

MAL don't lie. Only AnimeGAF thinks negatively of the show, something I'm not surprised by.

Dresden

eureka seven ao ep8:

when Fleur started talking about her angst story:

80pXz.png

it was clumsy stuff, not well handled at all. I do enjoy the growing chemistry between the members of the team, though, and Elena can be okay at times.

Reknoc

Ginga e Kickoff

All caught up now. Tournament time, hopefully they use this to flesh out the so forgettable characters who take up half the team.

I can't tell if I like or hate the triplets, they're kind of annoying due to their selfishness but their arrogance and skill is refreshing since they're on the main team and not one of the rival teams.

cajunator

Banned
There are some good stuff there. I definitely disagree with their #1 and I also think there is a lot of recent anime on the list. Then again. if I made a top 10 list most of it would be 2000+ so I shouldn't be the one complaining.

Thanks. I should get around watching that movie eventually.

watch Perfect blue and Millennium Actress.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Doesn't MAL have some funny rule where you're vote only counts if you've seen a certain percentage of a show?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
MY RITORU PONI
YUUJOU WA MAHOU

Episode 1

zwQks.jpg

I never knew Stephenie Meyer wrote MLP

Twilight Sparkle is apparently the heroine of this show. She has no friends, is a bit uppity, and has a boy toy she calls Spike.

aPrmG.jpg

She also is somewhat close to the princess, who scoffs at her warnings that the evil moon pony is going to come down from the sky, and instead orders twilight to go make some friends.

There's a genki pony, a super genki pony, a kansai-ben equivalent pony, an oujo-sama pony, a shy-moe pony... I think that's all of them. I guess Twilight gets to be the tsundere.

Anyway, the princess goes missing, the evil sky pony descends, and the episode ends.

Thus begins my trek through 2 seasons of MY LITTLE PONY: MAGIC IS FRIENDSHIP.

Why, you ask?

SiPfq.jpg

survivor

Banned
Oh fuck, Hajime no Ippo has 75 episodes and a second season? Jesus and I thought it was a 26 episodes series that I can just watch in the summer on my own time.

Oh well, it still beats reading 100 fucking volumes of the manga.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Doesn't MAL have some funny rule where you're vote only counts if you've seen a certain percentage of a show?

I think that it's generally a good rule because it acknowledges that for most anime, it's impossible to make an informed judgment on the quality of a series after a single episode. It discourages kneejerk reactions from people who wish for their vote to count (though there will always be attention-whoring MAL reviewers who write reviews for shows after a single episode just to be the first reviewer), but it certainly doesn't compensate for the propensity of MAL members to use the four-point scale and certainly can't counteract bad taste (man, I sound like a snob.)

Oh fuck, Hajime no Ippo has 75 episodes and a second season? Jesus and I thought it was a 26 episodes series that I can just watch in the summer on my own time.

Ashita no Joe is comprised of two seasons, both reaching to and/or past 50 episodes, separated by a whole decade of advancement in the anime industry between 1970 and 1980. I think that's still the king of monumental-scale anime planning. One of the top examples, anyway.

Grzi

It's definitely worth the time.

Gundam Age 35
tumblr_m5f82n9uLq1qbxqfpo1_500.png

EXA-DB plot is a bit more compelling than the present battle at hand, if it can involve Liel more, Captain Ashe, then it would be good. Dont know what Kio is even thinking anymore his skills are so low in comparison to the other mains, even against Asemu. Bulky modifications for the Age-3..Age 3 Orbital arent good at all. Dont understand how bulkier form increases mobility. Decent episode.

Oh on the plot itself
would be interesting if Gundam was ever actually captured and they had to mount a rescue for Kio

I think that it's generally a good rule because it acknowledges that for most anime, it's impossible to make an informed judgment on the quality of a series after a single episode. It discourages kneejerk reactions from people who wish for their vote to count (though there will always be attention-whoring MAL reviewers who write reviews for shows after a single episode just to be the first reviewer), but it certainly doesn't compensate for the propensity of MAL members to use the four-point scale and certainly can't counteract bad taste (man, I sound like a snob.)
It's not snobbery if you are stating the truth.

Dresden

People watch what they like, and are predisposed to rate favorably the things they like, so the scores are naturally going to get bumped up. /shrug

That three-episode rule would also discard a lot of scores for shows that people watched a single episode of before abandoning. It's like any other aggregation of popular taste.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's not snobbery if you are stating the truth.

I get no gratification from passing judgment on others, even when I disagree strongly with them. Playing the "bad taste" card is ultimately just name-calling so it's best used sparingly if at all.

It just so happens that the temptation to be petty is strong when it comes to MAL sometimes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I get no gratification from passing judgment on others, even when I disagree strongly with them. Playing the "bad taste" card is ultimately just name-calling so it's best used sparingly if at all.
That's the whole point of AnimeGAF though.
(Which is why there's a K-On thread, I assume. :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom