• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, definitely. Typographenia's post above being the perfect example.
TALKING ABOUT ME BEHIND MY BACK, EH?
Just talk about whatever. I pretty much never take part in the conversations around here because I don't watch current stuff, aside from Kids on the Slope.

Oh, and by the way-

5Fe1Km.jpg

You broke my heart, Envelope.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is MPD sexist like Redline too?

Talking about sexism and other topics on GAF in general is a futile effort.
Naw, MPD is many things, but its representation of women isn't sexist.

Well, are people disagreeing with you on these two particular series because you're not "conforming" to some sort of mandatory opinion or because it just so happens that a majority of people strongly disagree with your opinion on these works? It's always annoying to be in the minority on anything, but if the substance of your disagreement and not the act of disagreement itself is the cause of conflict, I don't know how that plays into the "hivemind" idea.
Well, all I'll say is that there's a reason why I used to fight with Jexhius to be on the top of the wall of shame and now I'm in slow burn lurk-mode/post about shows that no one cares about like AnoNatsu-mode.

Dislike?

I don't think you're alone at all with some of that, MPD was not a good show.
Oh, dislike indeed. Where were you when it aired?! lol

TALKING ABOUT ME BEHIND MY BACK, EH?
Uguu~~

qcf x2

Eh, you really should have been here when MPD was actively talked about.

I've never even heard of MPD. What is it? Fate 1 was boring, there's no doubt about it. I only watched beyond episode 1 because you guys promised it wasn't Stay/Night all over again.

Narag

Armor Hunter Mellowlink 11

Carradine is such a boss. He's mostly in a support role throughout the series but works as an overarching enigma to something that otherwise started off so episodic.

And that made his heel turn so much harder to take
:(

Daaaaamn at the ending of that ep.

Steroyd

Fate Zero one is bad, why do people pretend any different? The show isn't that deserving of your blind love!

Oh the show is deserving of blind love, however that blind love just cannot ignore that first episode, I don't even see why the episode itself was longer than normal either.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Disagree. A bad episode that's poorly representative of the show's actual pacing. The exposition was terribly handled.

Agreed. It wasn't a very well paced episode at all. Having rewatched it now that I've watched Fate/Stay Night and played the VN, I've come to realize it's one of those episodes that's only "good" if one is already familiar with the source material from which it's based. The first time I watched it I was rather turned off by it. When I decided to try it again, I also watched/played F/SN and it was suddenly not as shit as I remember it. But that doesn't make it a good episode; it means that it was made for fans of the original source material.

Well, all I'll say is that there's a reason why I used to fight with Jexhius to be on the top of the wall of shame and now I'm in slow burn lurk-mode/post about shows that no one cares about like AnoNatsu-mode.

Hey, I loved AnoNatsu too! :D

BluWacky

I've never even heard of MPD.

Mawaru Penguindrum, a show that aired last year created by the main creator of Utena (if you've not heard of that, it's basically the best shoujo anime of the 90s). It was pretty uneven, but when it was good it was particularly excellent.

Alas, firehawk and darkside didn't like it at all. Lots of people disagreed with them. Hence - CONFLICT! DORAMA! etc.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I want to mend your heart, firehawk. Let's go on a journey of healing.

these days beating Jexhius just requires showing up to the thread every day olololol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yes, but are they good enough to cancel out the bad? Redline would have been a better movie if it just left out women girls completely.
Yes they are.

Redling would've been a better movie if they had an actual ending, everything else was fine or at the very least, serviceable.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, I loved AnoNatsu too! :D
Oh yes, I know. I'm just saying that certain people here don't bother watching shows like that, which makes talking about them a lot easier.

And I'm not saying I want to live in a bubble where everyone agrees with each other - I want the opposite - but the level of discourse generated from those disagreements is kind of pointless.

Like they said in Wargames:
The only winning move is not to play the game.

Well yes, if she was literally wiped from the movie it wouldn't have been better. :p
It would reveal the deeper, more fundamental problems with the movie.

I want to mend your heart, firehawk. Let's go on a journey of healing.

these days beating Jexhius just requires showing up to the thread every day olololol
It's scary. I mean, I think I'm the person who introduced bolding and numbering episode titles in posts because I posted about so many shows in a single post that I wanted a way to separate my impressions. I capped the shit out of K-On!! episodes and broke down its shot composition and wankery like that. I can't imagine being that invested in posting here now though.

Let's go on that journey anyway. :p

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
MY RITORU PONI
MAHOU WA YUUJOU

Episode 2

OWXiw.jpg

Precure was never this blatant. That wasn't just being hit over a head with your average hammer, Thor would've blushed to see it. Also, the plot is over in just two episode. If this was One Piece, each of those challenges for the ponies would have been a 5 episode arc, and include a flashback to some tragedy in each pony's past that would be meaningful to their current struggle.

Anyway, let's get to the important part.

Twilight > Rainbow Dash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pinky > Fluttershy > Rarity

Theonik

HeartCatch PreCure 01
A contract has been formed and the mahou Shojou's wish must be fulfilled so into the world of HeartCatch Precure I go. First of all let me comment on how much some of the designs remind me of Ojomajo Doremi, a good thing might I add. It's quite enjoyable so far too. So
there's these flowers and something something tree of life mahou shoujo yadda yadda PRECURE PERFUME HOLY WARRIOR
some decent facial animation so far and it seems like there's going to be a lot of fun character interaction to look forward to. Also judging from the OP:
il2pwiVvdEKvQ.png

YEAAAAAAAAH
She's going to have quite the lovely temperament. I look forward to watching more of it! (Not that I have a choice but he illusion of choice is strong in this case)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
HeartCatch PreCure

A contract has been formed and the mahou Shojou's wish must be fulfilled so into the world of HeartCatch Precure I go. First of all let me comment on how much some of the designs remind me of Ojomajo Doremi, a good thing might I add. It's quite enjoyable so far too. So
there's these flowers and something something tree of life mahou shoujo yadda yadda PRECURE PERFUME HOLY WARRIOR
some decent facial animation so far and it seems like there's going to be a lot of fun character interaction to look forward to. Also judging from the OP:

She's going to have quite the lovely temperament. I look forward to watching more of it! (Not that I have a choice but he illusion of choice is strong in this case)

I'm sure you already know this, but Umakoshi did character designs for both Ojomajo Doremi and HeartCatch.

Yes, Erika is the best precure, I'm glad you are starting out on the correct path!

Ultimadrago

So firehawk, you put on a smiling face to hide your disappointment with this established community?

Always just when I think I have you figured, my friend...

At that point you may as well just not play.

A battle against [REDACTED] God.

His sugar anti-air missiles will strike me before my first blow.

I thought diverse taste was what made this a neat place to post. As I've said before, it's nice as it can introduce someone to a work they may not have investigated otherwise.
Definitely.

Tonight, I'm watching a true double-feature: Richard Rush's The Stuntman (1980), and Koikeishii's REDLINE (2011). Gonna be fun.

Mature

I hated the first episode of Fate Zero which made me think I'd hate the rest of the series, but some people here are saying it's not indicative of the rest of the series. Should I give it another chance and watch the second episode or something?

Ultimadrago

I hated the first episode of Fate Zero which made me think I'd hate the rest of the series, but some people here are saying it's not indicative of the rest of the series. Should I give it another chance and watch the second episode or something?

I still don't "get" the amount of hate for the episode (neither do I care at this point).

That said, I'd say try two more episodes at least.

Welcome to the NHK 9

Ups and downs in emotions.
Seems early for romance plots to be at this state, more surprised over Kaoru's since it seemed the girl really just isnt into him, but I guess she is?

Kaoru's passionate monologues are my favorite parts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In two words? The script.

I'm sure my initial post is still up on SOS somewhere. Since, of course, that's how we have civil conversations about things here. lol
Oh yes the script was pretty bad and nonsensical but I don't think anyone was going into it expecting the greatest story ever told.

In fact I doubt most people get past the pretty lights and colors to ruminate on the "plot". Which is, as far as I can tell, what Madhouse intended with Redline.

In two words? The script.

I'm sure my initial post is still up on SOS somewhere. Since, of course, that's how we have civil conversations about things here. lol
There was more wrong with the film than just the script. For one, the actual Redline race was a clusterfuck, and not in a good way.
Oh yes the script was pretty bad and nonsensical but I don't think anyone was going into it expecting the greatest story ever told.

In fact I doubt most people get past the pretty lights and colors to ruminate on the "plot". Which is, as far as I can tell, what Madhouse intended with Redline.
The script wasn't completely unsalvageable. JP wasn't that bad of a character, I thought. The relationship between him and Frisbee wasn't bad.

Dresden

The conversation betwen cajunator and the second-place poster at the end of each AnimeGAF thread:

http://imgur.com/a/ZM8fh (F/Z spoilz)

Just replace
"This world"
with AnimeGAF!

I'm already lighting my candles for Ultimadrago. I hope he can hear the waters of Okeanos.

It's a pretty boring movie. Fantastic art and animation but it's more like a series of music videos strung together with no real sense of cohesion. It's also not frenetic or crazy enough to actually be interesting in lieu of interesting writing.

It pretty much blew its load at the first race, ten minutes in.

Theonik

I'm sure you already know this, but Umakoshi did character designs for both Ojomajo Doremi and HeartCatch.

Yes, Erika is the best precure, I'm glad you are starting out on the correct path!
Yes I was aware of this fact but it had to be pointed out! And we'll see, it's just a hunch so far.

MY RITORU PONI
MAHOU WA YUUJOU

Episode 2

Precure was never this blatant. That wasn't just being hit over a head with your average hammer, Thor would've blushed to see it. Also, the plot is over in just two episode. If this was One Piece, each of those challenges for the ponies would have been a 5 episode arc, and include a flashback to some tragedy in each pony's past that would be meaningful to their current struggle.

Anyway, let's get to the important part.

Twilight > Rainbow Dash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pinky > Fluttershy > Rarity
See? Pony pacing is better than OP pacing at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom