• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nichijou 14

The bad:
-The OP change. I find it to be a case of "don't fix what ain't broke."

The good:

When I saw that, my mind immediately said,
"Have a Snickers."
And the next thing you know, SHE SAID IT, and my face went like this and I was like, "AWWWWW SHHHIIIIIITTTT!!!"

Nichijou just got 100x more legit
thanks to corporate sponsorship.

The most annoying character of 2011. I do remember that skit but ugh, everytime I see the professor.

Yeah I always dug the first OP more than the second.

It's still really fun though.

Hyadain needs to do more animu OPs

He did the ED for Kuroko's Basketball this season, which has become one of my favorite EDs of the season.

But yes, I really do like Hyadain's songs.

Articalys

Tsuritama 10 and Sakamichi no Apollon 10

Why so ominous, noitaminA?

-------------------

By the way, does anyone know how the Spring noitaminA ratings have been faring compared to past seasons?

People pile on Ano Hana around here for its multitude of flaws, myself included, but the fact remains that it both brought noitamina its best ratings since the move to a two-show format (I doubt [C] was a big contributor), and was its best-selling show ever. Think about that.

Ouch. :( How was last season?

You can see on the chart I linked; the average ratings of last season and this season are about the same.

Why do the market always have bad taste? First dragon's dogma now this. Anime is fucked.
Dragon's Dogma is doing well in Japan, unless that is your point in which case Dresden would like to have a word with you. Otaku generally have bad taste, we all know that.

cajunator

Banned
People pile on Ano Hana around here for its multitude of flaws, myself included, but the fact remains that it both brought noitamina its best ratings since the move to a two-show format (I doubt [C] was a big contributor), and was its best-selling show ever. Think about that.

You can see on the chart I linked; the average ratings of last season and this season are about the same.

I seriously think it was because of Secret Base. It's kind of like the gorgeous ending song to Onegai Teacher making that series seem a whole lot better than it was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjIveuYuBXw

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 2

kingdom2.jpg

hmm, i'm sure it's pretty easy to copy-paste/import the same model in whatever 3d program they're using
kingdom2.gif

there's plenty of awful cg animation in this episode but i'll let someone else gif that stuff as i've suffered enough

jman2050

Were you all expecting Dragon's Dogma to NOT bomba hard outside Japan?

That shit was more telegraphed than the ending to Ano Hana.

survivor

Banned
And loves sharks!

Yes

Hope next season Moyashimon Returns will give them strong ratings just like the live action version.

tiff

Banned
Although I'm not entirely innocent myself, those kind of posts make mobile browsing a pain.
Sure, I just don't get why pictures are singled out. Massive amounts of text or ABF-like quote trees also take up tons of vertical real estate. Surely any lengthy, in-depth analysis is more fitting to a blog than a discussion board, images or no.

Your prudish killjoy schtick is starting to get old, you know that?
There is a very simple solution to this problem, you know.

Narag

Lupin III A Woman Called Fujiko Mine 11

I was hoping for more answers but, alas, I suppose that's for the finale.
Poor Oscar. He died well but I don't think he ever really received the development warranted for an episode like this. It's a shame he was so blinded by jealousy but hey, no body so maybe he'll reappear in a tv special one of these days?

Less Fujiko was a good thing this time around as I'm sure she'll be used heavily in the last two episodes and Lupin's presence didn't really feel necessary.

What bothers me is I didn't really take anything away from this that made me feel it was properly planned from start to finish. I really enjoy the show but some elements just feel slapdash. I'd like to be surprised by everything coming together at the end but that seems increasingly less likely.

Between the apparent time period, green jacket, and the lengths gone to keep Goemon and Lupin meeting, am I to assume this is supposed to lead into the first series? I think I assumed this existed in a vacuum until recently. Episode 9 of the first series had me wondering this as well as Fujiko was described as
amnesiac about her past three years prior.

Very stylish and evoked some Utena memories.

speaking of which, what was animegaf's consensus on [C]?

I recall liking it (probably because I knew day 1 the ending wasn't gonna be good). The guy's avatar thing was cute. World was cool. Some of the econ stuff were iffy, but tv.

I recall liking it (probably because I knew day 1 the ending wasn't gonna be good). The guy's avatar thing was cute. World was cool. Some of the econ stuff were iffy, but tv.

It's the only Nakamura show I loved.

Every single other animegaffer hated it.

cajunator

Banned
nah, an image cant even begin to do justice to just how bad the french accent is

UR DOIN IT WRONG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oznL7Ka-1nk

AnimeGAF seems to hate [C] and thinks its ugly as hell.

Both Tsuritama and Kids on the Slope were great this week.

I feel like Tsuritama had a slower and less focused start (didn't really pick up until a few episodes in) but the final episodes are really bringing everything together - whereas for me, Kids on the Slope has been consistently great from the beginning, with perhaps one or two lesser episodes mixed throughout

Really great shows

wonzo

Banned

it's fucking shit. watch something directed by Kenji Nakamura that's actually good like Mononoke (+ bakeneko arc of Ayakashi), Trapeze and the currently airing tsuritama

meh

After No.6 the only other anime at the top of my list to get this year...from funimation, so I really liked C, just needed more episodes but was solid and fun. Main character was cool and so was all the action.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

It's economic Yu-Gi-Oh with a shitton of horrible CG and a depressing message about unequal distribution of wealth. The worst thing to come out of noitaminA outside of Black Rock Shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom