• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Don't have a lot of time so I'll keep it short.

Moyashimon - 3, 4, 5

Really good, still surprised at how this can keep me entertained, but it does, so you won't see me complaining. As I already mentioned, I love the cast, the setting, but the dialogues are surprisingly interesting, which is strange, taking the subject matter into account. A lot of sake talk too, didn't expect that coming into the show.
So yeah, I'm pleased so far, and I see no reason why it should change until the end. Hopefully the new girl introduced in episode 5 will be an interesting character.

Wandering Son - 2

Enjoying this a bit more than Moyashimon, so I guess it's kind of strange that I've only seen 2 episodes so far, but it's purely by coincidence. So far, not a whole čpt has happened, but I find myself enjoying the character interactions quite a bit, really subtle and mature. Of course, I'm mostly pleased with the visuals, the show really looks amazing, and the direction is top notch.

Mecha

Precure All Stars DX3

Yo, that was hype. Worst part of the movie was all of the transforming at the start. Hopefully New Stage is even better than this.

Bakutech Bakugan - Episode 1

Horrible, Shopro living up to their low standards.

Beyblade Zero-G Episode forgotwhereIleftoff - 8

Filler series to keep kids interested until the next big one comes along. Better than Bakutech, not much happens, and the anime adaption of the character designs are poor.

Battle Spirits Heroes 1-20something

Oddly entertaining, more grounded than most TCG anime. Episodes are repetitive and add little advancement in the story.
FKSnq.jpg

Cajunator's old avatar had an appearance.

Also a lot of the skits are just plain unfunny, so there's that too.
There were a few skits here and there that weren't funny, but the vast majority were funny, and many were very funny.

Naw. They're all funny.
I don't know about every single one, but most, certainly.

Kuromajo 9

i dunno, that sounds like perfectly normal behaviour by a "Black Witch" to me
Perhaps so, but in Gyubid's case, that she's a lazy troll's surely a more important factor.

Eureka Seven? Really? It was a 50 episodes series which had a story that could easily have been told in 25 and the entire first half of the series was spent on the main characters being total douchebags to each other. I'm sorry, E7 had some high points but there was way too much shit between the high points which shouldn't have been there. It didn't rise to Blood+ levels of time-wasting but that's not exactly saying a whole lot.
Remember what happened when I questioned E7's greatness a few threads ago... apparently, that is something that must not be done, or something. I don't get it either, it's a pretty average at best series.

(I might be willing to agree that it's better than Blood+, though, but is that saying very much?

I already warned you guys about summarizing an entire episode with 20+ HD screens. Don't do that. It's not welcome on this forum.
You're the only person who complains, you know. I didn't see anyone else agreeing with you that it's bad either when I did it or now... and yes, I know you're a mod, but still...

I do think that that post was a bit long, actually, but that's mostly based on my own dislike for that series, not on the content of the post.

But I really liked his summary :c

http://5.asset.soup.io/asset/2677/3125_52d9.png

Please don't ban me
I don't really think Star Driver actually deserved so many pictures, myself -- it's not exactly a good, or particularly interesting, show -- but that's the poster's determination to make, not mine, so yeah.

Narag

You're the only person who complains, you know. I didn't see anyone else agreeing with you that it's bad either when I did it or now... and yes, I know you're a mod, but still...

I do think that that post was a bit long, actually, but that's mostly based on my own dislike for that series, not on the content of the post.

Although I'm not entirely innocent myself, those kind of posts make mobile browsing a pain.

Recorder to Randsell 24

Okay, I'll admit I laughed at the beginning when the guy and girl grabbed the same bread, blushed, then got pushed to the side. It's like "fuck yall, this ain't no romance show, it's a lunch war!"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Booted up the game of the year Dragon's Dogma today and was greeted by this start screen:

"New Special Pawns Available! Capcom Radio Station presents two special pawns from teh hosts of their web radio show, "MonHan Radio", voice actresses Hikasa Yoko and Kitamura Eri! Both talented actresses have had their voices featured for major roles in numerous anime and games. Their high-level pawns are sure to give you the upper hand in your adventures!"

Clearly now nobody in AnimeGAF has an excuse to not play the game of the forever in Dragon's Dogma. Rent out your favorite seiyuu as your waifus pawns.

edit: dammit just saw Defuser linked a pic. Blah! Well good news can be repeated twice :(

cajunator

Banned
Shaft shows have a very interesting appearance and I really love their sense of style.
Definitely one of my top tier anime studios.

Why doesn't TelecomAni get to do more work for high-profile productions these days? They've got Yasuo Otsuka teaching the kids, I bet the quality of output must be relatively-high and guaranteed to succeed every time. Moyashimon doesn't count.

Shaft shows have a very interesting appearance and I really love their sense of style.
Definitely one of my top tier anime studios.

and it's not like Shaft make just one kind of show, so even if you don't like the monogatari series, there are many completly different Shaft shows.

Jex

[Kids on the Slope] - 10

This is all coming together very nicely. It's hard to say much else without spoiling the episode because stuff happened.

7Th

Why doesn't TelecomAni get to do more work for high-profile productions these days? They've got Yasuo Otsuka teaching the kids, I bet the quality of output must be relatively-high and guaranteed to succeed every time. Moyashimon doesn't count.

Moyashimon was a success, though. One of the highest ratings in Noitamina's history.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I already warned you guys about summarizing an entire episode with 20+ HD screens. Don't do that. It's not welcome on this forum.
I feel you're missing the point. I know you don't like pictures, but there's nothing wrong with lots of text or pictures provided actual opinions or positions are expressed. Doing nothing but summarizing is the problem, and it's not appropriate to give the impression people shouldn't contribute to the thread.

Envelope's contentless 3 line MLP text summaries are more vapid.

cajunator

Banned
I appreciate great noses, like in Escaflowne, but its not necessary. If anything it made Escaflowne stand out more because every other studio doesn't do that.

Outline's already there, lol.

That's because its the best character design.
Palutena looks—okay, not much different from the norm. I'm all about the noses these days. They should be more distinctive! And don't tell me that they're "not necessary", because a lot of awesome things aren't necessary. I'd be genuinely moved to see an anime show, today, with a relatively-high level of care for their character designs. These instances are still around, though not as much as they used to be.

cajunator

Banned
Outline's already there, lol.

Palutena looks—okay, not much different from the norm. I'm all about the noses these days. They should be more distinctive! And don't tell me that they're "not necessary", because a lot of awesome things aren't necessary. I'd be genuinely moved to see an anime show, today, with a relatively-high level of care for their character designs. These instances are still around, though not as much as they used to be.

I like Eureka Seven AO's approach to noses.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So my evening consisted of Polar Bear Cafe which involved bears going to the spa. Then I followed that up with Lupin III which involved a high profile detective dressing in drag to win the heart of his superior while be pursued by Owl Men. And finally Kids on the Slope which teased us with progression in the love department only to inform us within a second that two seasons have gone by with nothing.

Narag

Lupin III (1971) 13

So this is the source of that infamous Lupin laughing .gif? Who knew. Also a predicted death day? That seems familiar enough.

If the show continues like this, I'll be quite pleased. It seems like a healthy medium between the character focused Osumi episodes and the earlier Miyazaki/Takahata "Saturday morning cartoon" fare that 8 and 11 seemed to revel in. Kyousuke Mamou was surprisingly compelling in his how he antagonized Lupin. The other surprise was Lupin slowly breaking down until he came up with a scheme of his own. It also seemed like the time travel premise was just nebulous enough to keep the viewer as confused as Lupin was initially as it's a rather fantastic element to use.

I had no idea this was remade into a TV special in 2007 as Lupin III: Elusiveness of the Fog either. Between that and Lupin III: Return of the Magician, this series again proves to be rather influential down the line.

The P-38 got some more attention than normal.

This sequence with what I'm assuming is pencil shading really stood out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom