• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

At least it increases the chances of getting something good each season. Fuji TV's loss is our gain... most of the time.

not... really. after the house of five leaves/tatami duo the shows have all been one good/one mediocre until this season with tsuritama/apollon. (no comment on moyashimon dorama) the quality of the shows haven't exactly gone up, the sales haven't improved, and the ratings have tanked. bad bad overall.

I wonder what ratings Fujikoike's getting at the moment. Zenigata's got one hell of a bitchin' nose.
exactly two posts down:

Lupin : フジコ 1.7

then:

Lupin : フジコ 1.7

cajunator

Banned
Madoka magica is just as good after repeat viewings.
The extras that came with the aniplex sets are really nice. Wasnt there a dvd only version? Did some of you get that?
It looks like they fixed some of the really derpy scenes.

Aniplex might have had something to do with it. Also something about FujiTV wanting to expand the brand of the block to be more mainstream. They've talked about this at business forums. It's kinda iffy either way.

Fuji doesn't seem to have a clear strategy for noitamina these days. It's been all over the place since it became an hour - live action, super-otaku, now back to josei - and the brand identity has been very diluted. I wonder how much longer it'll last.

Hmmm, well ANN is a respectable webs- I can't say that with a straight face.
Fuji doesn't seem to have a clear strategy for noitamina these days. It's been all over the place since it became an hour - live action, super-otaku, now back to josei - and the brand identity has been very diluted. I wonder how much longer it'll last.
If noitaminA dies, I will be very sad. :(

duckroll

Remember that Aniplex is the shadow of noitaminA. Pretty much every season, at least one of the shows are bankrolled by them. Sony Music also has a stake in all the music usually. This wasn't always the case, but now that it is, it is very much a part of the noitaminA identity, for better or for worse.

it's okay, we'll always have Noise
iQc6BLxkXmkOh.gif

Remember that Aniplex is the shadow of noitaminA. Pretty much every season, at least one of the shows are bankrolled by them. Sony Music also has a stake in all the music usually. This wasn't always the case, but now that it is, it is very much a part of the noitaminA identity, for better or for worse.

Well, if Aniplex is happy to keep noitamina running and sponsor a show like Tsuritama every now and then, I won't complain.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oniisama E -fin-

Utterly brilliant. Such a treat to watch from start to end with plenty of twists and turns, and girls being girls (and girls being guys) and enough dorama to last a life time and then some. There is really nothing like this kind of stuff now a days, the closest thing I've watched that is like this is the total ripoff Revolutionary Girl Utena which is merely an imposter and not even in the same league overall.

I wonder if theres anything else like it? I'd care to check it out if such a thing exists :(

But man they drove that knife in hard for a certain somebody here, even to the very end. I shed a tear.

Jintor

I thoought FMA:B was supposed to have followed the manga pretty closely?

In terms of events it follows through pretty much, but stuff like proper pacing and feeling like a fully-realised world suffer in the anime, for my money (...which I only spent on the manga so nyaaaaah)

Hidamari Sketch 2

This episode was super-Shaft, with quick editing and Bakemonogatari-esque cutaways to text and ... other stuff (NSFW). Some crazy sound effects and attractive, simple compositions too. It was pretty successful and fun. So it was no surprise to see that it was storyboarded and directed by Tatsuya Oishi (director of Bakemonogatari), one of a handful of people at the studio who really understand how to use its trademark style.

If you're going to take the "We don't have a budget to draw cars" approach, these abstract lines of light to symbolize headlights is not a bad way to go about it.

Instro

Oniisama E -fin-

Utterly brilliant. Such a treat to watch from start to end with plenty of twists and turns, and girls being girls (and girls being guys) and enough dorama to last a life time and then some. There is really nothing like this kind of stuff now a days, the closest thing I've watched that is like this is the total ripoff Revolutionary Girl Utena which is merely an imposter and not even in the same league overall.

I wonder if theres anything else like it? I'd care to check it out if such a thing exists :(

But man they drove that knife in hard for a certain somebody here, even to the very end. I shed a tear.

His dreams were snatched away at every turn.

Tsuritama 10

Started out boring, but then cool stuff happened. 11th hour preparation while a triumphant remix of one of the main themes play is exactly what this show needed. Also, dat ending.

Kagami

Rick's Bread 9

This scene was brilliant.
Dwarf rogue engineer uses Tricks of the Trade to transfer threat, MPK's Stormwind guards.
Also, ceiling catgirl is watching you.

L5mpo.png

Dresden

apollon, sakamichi no - 10

With the benefit of hindsight, I don't think the romantic stuff (a.k.a. dorama & misunderstandings) in the show is a big problem. I think it's due to a combination of Kaoru's commendable ability to keep pushing forward, along with the hurried pace with which the show has progressed through the manga. Not saying that there hasn't been some frustrating moments here and there, but take away the weekly wait between the episodes and the speed with which each issue gets resolved is very noticeable. Also, Yurika and Jun taking a sabbatical is the best thing ever.

It's still amusing that almost every significant (romantic) interaction between Kaoru and Ritsuko has happened between doors/walls, but then it goes ahead and resolves that issue anyways with a good bit of catharsis.

Sad to see that the show is almost over.

Uqub8l.jpg

Also this was great.

wonzo

Banned
infinite stratos 6

blah blah blah boring backstory *insert awful art/cg here*
i have to admit that charle's is kinda cute, maybe the only other redeemable thing about this show. also where the fuck did those jugs (uncensored nipple shot!) come from?!

Instro

Apollon 10

Pretty easy to see where this is going, should be an enjoyable final 2 episodes. I thought the
Ritsuko and Kaoru scenes were handled well. Good to see that plot line wrapped up somewhat.

cajunator

Banned
infinite stratos 6

blah blah blah boring backstory *insert awful art/cg here*
i have to admit that charle's is kinda cute, maybe the only other redeemable thing about this show. also where the fuck did those jugs (uncensored nipple shot!) come from?!

Charles is THE REASON to watch IS at all.
Perhaps the sister too but she only shows up briefly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom