• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

We all know who the best character in Infinite Stratos was.

That Japanese girl.

sC1z2.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I just finished marathoning Madoka Magica again on bluray and honestly I think its now one of my favorite animes ever.
Its such an incredibly entertaining series to watch. It goes by so quickly. The music is excellent. The characters all so cute and likeable. The ending is epic.
It really is all the things I love about anime in one masterful package of greatness. Well worth the price of admission and a series I will never forget.
This is why Shaft, for all their faults and cost cutting, is still my favorite studio.

Jex

[Tsuritama] - 10

Last week I complained about the tonal dissonance which resulted from having a really cheery, upbeat ED after a fairly serious episode. This week they actually went and changed the ED to make it rather less lively - this was a good move.

This was another strong episode, following on from a succession of strong episodes that all do a great job of showing how the characters have grown and changed. It's a shame the thread for Tsuritama died so completely considering that it's probably the the consistently good series of the whole season.

Uchip

Banned
I just finished marathoning Madoka Magica again on bluray and honestly I think its now one of my favorite animes ever.
Its such an incredibly entertaining series to watch. It goes by so quickly. The music is excellent. The characters all so cute and likeable. The ending is epic.
It really is all the things I love about anime in one masterful package of greatness. Well worth the price of admission and a series I will never forget.
This is why Shaft, for all their faults and cost cutting, is still my favorite studio.

me and 2 other watched it weekly on skype, which might have made it better than it was, but I agree that its a great show. The animation style shifts and the music especially stood out.

The Japanese girl was not bad. she was very tolerable. The only character from the show that I outright hate is the english girl. She was annoying as hell.

Char and Houki were the best girls, with Char considerably better than the rest. Char was of course voiced by Lady Kana, and Houki was voiced by Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama). I didn't care for the others. I still think Rin should have been voiced by Rie Kugimiya, that was a missed opportunity.

I really hated Infinite Stratos how it had a typical harem ending where the guy didnt pick any girl.

Just be glad you weren't following the manga and waiting impatiently for the next volume. I feel sorry for those guys.

wonzo

Banned
MGX 10
mgx10.jpg

nope, that sure isn't creepy at all!

I'm usually all for NTR but this feels really out of place in this series. I wonder if this series will end up pulling a School Days end on us. As much as a fan I am of School-Daysesque endings, I kinda don't want that to happen as this series has been surprisingly charming considering the whole drool concept of the plot. Oh well, if Tsubaki was to NTR Urabe with someone I'd much rather Oka than the batshit insane crush from junior high.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really hated Infinite Stratos how it had a typical harem ending where the guy didnt pick any girl.
This is the greatest mystery in the history of the universe... even greater than the creation of the universe itself.

And we'll never know because the author is probably never going to write again.

duckroll

I'm about to share something very disturbing. I take no responsibility for damage to your mind if you choose to proceed. In this month's Altima Ace (a bi-monthly bonus magazine for Young Ace) there is a Fate/Zero poster featuring the Masters in the series in very... erm... artistic poses. This is presumably a companion poster to the previous poster they gave out with the male Servants posing in the buff.

Warning NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/rCglY.jpg

Grzi

I'm about to share something very disturbing. I take no responsibility for damage to your mind if you choose to proceed. In this month's Altima Ace (a bi-monthly bonus magazine for Young Ace) there is a Fate/Zero poster featuring the Masters in the series in very... erm... artistic poses. This is presumably a companion poster to the previous poster they gave out with the male Servants posing in the buff.

Classy.

wonzo

Banned
Literary culture at large, my friend.
it's rather sad to watch the next potential shakespeare get cut down before his prime. just think of would could have been.

i'd frame that poster

Defuser

Sakamachi no Apollon ep10
oh god...the cheese.... I can't take it. Now that romance is outta way, this show can finally focus on it's best aspect...bromance.

Oh wow, Ryuunosuke all the way in a corner

Defuser

Tsuritama ep 10
I'm so sorry Captain Ayumi, you were the manliest and the most GAR out of the show but I can't help laughing.
The yes! cheer before being hit by the missile is hilarious

/XX/

Oh wow, I have some reading material for this evening now.
Although I don't really know what exactly inspired Mr. Ikuhara to use that aesthetic approach on some scenes, it is always interesting to read about things like that.

Maybe he was influenced more by recent authors like Michel Ocelot, but Ms. Reiniger developed first the use of one-tone color backgrounds for animation with silhouettes to make more evident the depth on the scenes, instead of simple black-over-white.

I started watching Welcome to the NHK today and I'm really liking it.

It's been a total supprise and I should of watched it sooner.

Im up to episode 9, need more time to go back into it but ME3 is keeping me from watching for awhile.

The opening theme has really grown on me, I kind of like it. If only they boosted the visuals, though some moments are nice
tumblr_m5f60wSgTm1qalg6oo6_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom