• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

More resemblant of Art Nouveau, though it's pretty close!
Yeah, as early work is more closer to that. I've seen her presented as participant of both movements, like many related young German authors of that era were considered part of 'Jugendstil' on a first stage as a step or initiation towards later Expressionism, that was in turn a global definition to encapsulate the diversity of intellectual currents based on the individuality, at least by German interpretation of it.

Searching now I have seen, as one of the first results, a very recent documental titled Lotte Reiniger - Dance of the shadows (Lotte Reiniger - Tanz der Schatten) that mentions her work as something pretty unique:

19. International Festival of Animated Film Stuttgart 2012 - Focus silhouette film said:
She had invented a new kind of artistic film somewhere between the aestheticism of Jugendstil, expressionism and magical fairytales.
http://www.itfs.de/start/programme/rahmenprogramm/fokus-silhouettenfilm/

I think you're mistaken. I was referring to that segment of animation in the latest Fujikoike, with all of the stark silhouettes and stuff. That looks like a good read, though.

You liked episode 7, Duckroll. I'm not going to console you for it!
Episode 7

I really enjoyed this episode. The show is definitely becoming more creative and "free" in terms of how they handle the stories, and I'm very glad for that. I found the scenario outstanding this week. Very smart story direction, and a great homage to films of this sort. I'll rather not say what it is so others can enjoy it for themselves, but Dai Sato did a great job this week. The music this week was also really good. The production values were pretty low, but the art wasn't bad. Large parts of the episode had no animation at all though, but that didn't bother me that much, since at least it wasn't boring.

/XX/

I think you're mistaken. I was referring to that segment of animation in the latest Fujikoike, with all of the stark silhouettes and stuff. That looks like a good read, though.
Oh, I thought you were referring to her work as a whole. Sorry!

Anyway, I first replied to Narag's post with that synopsis because I think the resemblance is there with the pioneer work of Ms. Reiniger on that scene.

/XX/

Fujiko is a terrible piece of shit show which I wish I dropped after episode 4. >_<
It's amazing what a pile of shit Fujiko became really. Horrifying and shocking.
Why are you always teasing a good guy like Dragoon En Regalia?

You liked episode 7, Duckroll. I'm not going to console you for it!
Well: she's a pretty screwed-up character, isn't she? Can't blame her for not remembering his first name thanks to LSD and abandoned testing facilities!
And why are you always taking the bait, man?

I'm not. He wanted me to reply to him about the show itself. Not to admit that Fujiko, as we're all well-aware, is the Franken-fatale of ages come. And also that he liked what most consider to be the "bad episode" of the whole lot so far.

survivor

Banned
Arcana Famiglia pv 1
tumblr_m5n4ya60L41qbxqfpo2_500.png

Short, but it was at least nice seeing Pace, Jolly, Luca, and others animated. July 1st is soon.

I liked the game's PV much more but this will do for now

Narag

Fujiko is a terrible piece of shit show which I wish I dropped after episode 4. >_<

Nothing burns more than the shows you want to like crashing and burning even if the concept is great. Even now, from time to time, I wake up in a cold sweat after hearing Setsuna F. Seiei assert he is Gundam in my dreams.

I've seen things you wouldn't believe.

ZeniOscar shippings on fire off the shoulder of DeviantArt. I watched butterflies glitter in the dark near the Computer Screen. All those moments will be lost in time...like Fujiko Mine&#8212;

Time to die.

gqBF5.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's the wrong Japanese girl.

http://www.animefanwiki.de/images/a/a3/Yamada.jpg

Who is still second to Char.
Green haired boob monster is inferior to brocon sister.

I've seen things you wouldn't believe.

ZeniOscar shippings on fire off the shoulder of DeviantArt. I watched butterflies glitter in the dark near the Computer Screen. All those moments will be lost in time...like Fujiko Mine—

Time to die.

http://i.imgur.com/gqBF5.jpg
Wait, does that mean in that in the director's cut, someone folded up a paper unicorn and duckroll is a Fujiko Mine fan?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Laws of...

*insert song*

...Eternity

*insert song*

Rebirth of...

*insert song*

...Buddha...

*insert song*

...was better.

/XX/

Maybe he's the one that walks into the elevator with her at the end of the movie!
No, that's /XX/, I assure you. I just checked the script yesterday.
I'm the unicorn in the dream sequence.
But that is not the end of the movie, guys! At the real end we see these beautiful aerial views while they are happily driving through the fields of the countryside and we hear Deckard's narration saying... how... oh, fuck it! I can't continue with this even when I'm joking.

/XX/ can remind himself. He's an honest-to-L.Y.A hard-working sunnavabich, I can assure you!
What is there not to love about all of you people? It is a privilege for me to be here.

O.K., maybe this is overflowing love and I'm exaggerating now, I'll go to lie down somewhere...

Regardless of how people view the series, it's definitely the first post-modern Lupin production. I really like the meta-text itself, but I can see why others would find it either revolting on principle, or revolting upon execution—or both, doesn't make a difference at that point.

Regardless of how people view the series, it's definitely the first post-modern Lupin production. I really like the meta-text itself, but I can see why others would find it either revolting on principle, or revolting upon execution—or both, doesn't make a difference at that point.

I must say, I respect your stubborn determination to keep defending this show to the bitter end. A captain goes down with his ship and all that.

Myself, I've grown tired of ambitious narratives that crash and burn into utter nonsense at the end. There's been far too much of that. When you reach the end and realize the creators had no clue what they were doing, well, I know how duckroll feels.

Thank you. I don't know if Duckroll respects it the way you do, though, and the mere thought that he doesn't makes me feel alienated whenever I come by to post.

Watching REDLINE tonight. For real.

survivor

Banned
Tsuritama 8

The haircut looks awful, what have they done to my Natsuki?

Tsuritama 9

Wow, really impressed by how the situation escalated.
I loved how the Duck agents look so silly and yet it didn't ruin any of the tension or the seriousness of the threat.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Remember, the second season is the best. :)

You monster. Your tag is the greatest bit of irony I have seen.

I'm about to share something very disturbing. I take no responsibility for damage to your mind if you choose to proceed. In this month's Altima Ace (a bi-monthly bonus magazine for Young Ace) there is a Fate/Zero poster featuring the Masters in the series in very... erm... artistic poses. This is presumably a companion poster to the previous poster they gave out with the male Servants posing in the buff.

Warning NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/rCglY.jpg

Want. Guess I'm going to be buying myself a magazine for the first time in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom