• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acchi Kocchi 4:

Ultimate Kick-the-Can was hilarious. For a show with mainly slice-of-life focus, it certainly has some entertaining action sequences. Poor Tsumiki, she tried to hug Io and he dodged her because, you know, the goal is to NOT get caught.

The second segment was a cute version of MTV Loveline. Sakaki stole this segment with his description of how to kill your yandere crush by pushing him off the rooftop so he falls to his death.

There should be a Saint Juste anime Adam Jensen pic for this.

Is this NeoGAF or not?!

wonzo

Banned
Dusk Maiden 8

duskm8.jpg
duskm8a.jpg

who'da thunk the groping of breasts would have such medical properties?! looks like last ep wasn't the last we've seen of yuuko's shadow self. persona~

Toriko 59

Yeah! Now that's the kind of introduction Zebra deserves. I am a bit disappointed they cut out the
blood on his face when he showed up in the dining room, implying he killed all the prisoners bad mouthing him
, but ah well.

Mellow Cola arc should be good animated.

Kagami

I made a resolution to try and waste less time checking out shows that I really should be able to predict I won't like.
But then this summer pops up and practically everything looks like it's at least worth a shot.
The only shows I can confidently eliminate in advance are Hakuouki, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, UtaKoi, Doriland, and Jinrui ha Suitaishimashita.
Although there's a number of others I'm pessimistic about.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Kids on the Slope
Since I loved Cowboy Bebop, I figured I'd give this a chance even though I have no interest in jazz or music.
I watched the first two episodes a couple of weeks ago and I must say I found it quite dull and cliche. Is there any point in continuing watching?

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita PV

http://youtu.be/73p7mpYpHv8

Kids on the Slope
Since I loved Cowboy Bebop, I figured I'd give this a chance even though I have no interest in jazz or music.
I watched the first two episodes a couple of weeks ago and I must say I found it quite dull and cliche. Is there any point in continuing watching?

It's a typical (well-made) high school love drama story, so not really if you don't like the first episodes.

Jex

Kids on the Slope

Huh, I thought you were that other dinosaur guy for a moment. How confusing.

If that's how you felt, then the answer is no.
It's a typical (well-made) high school love drama story, so not really if you don't like the first episodes.
I would argue that makes it atypical.

Jex

it's that time of the season folks

lets see...

Kingdom :(, YuruYuri S2, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Moyashimon Returns, Oda Nobuna lol, Binbou-gami ga!, Tari Tari, Rinne S2 and Joshiraku. Maybe that Bodyswap show and chitose if it's a dumb throwaway short.

Hmm, the only things that really peak my interest from that list are Moyashimon Returns, and Binbou-gami ga. That's fine though, I still have the infinite backlog to work through.

Jex

I'm about to share something very disturbing. I take no responsibility for damage to your mind if you choose to proceed. In this month's Altima Ace (a bi-monthly bonus magazine for Young Ace) there is a Fate/Zero poster featuring the Masters in the series in very... erm... artistic poses. This is presumably a companion poster to the previous poster they gave out with the male Servants posing in the buff.

Warning NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/rCglY.jpg

You know, for the ladies. Gotta hit all those demographics.
Things didn't go well for me the last time I suggested that to an Anime-GAFfer, Jex. Be careful!
It's not my fault that the sunk cost fallacy prevents certain people from dropping shows that they've already invested a lot of time in!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm about to share something very disturbing. I take no responsibility for damage to your mind if you choose to proceed. In this month's Altima Ace (a bi-monthly bonus magazine for Young Ace) there is a Fate/Zero poster featuring the Masters in the series in very... erm... artistic poses. This is presumably a companion poster to the previous poster they gave out with the male Servants posing in the buff.

Warning NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/rCglY.jpg
Ahahahahahaah what.

Jex

Oniisama E -fin-

Utterly brilliant. Such a treat to watch from start to end with plenty of twists and turns, and girls being girls (and girls being guys) and enough dorama to last a life time and then some. There is really nothing like this kind of stuff now a days, the closest thing I've watched that is like this is the total ripoff Revolutionary Girl Utena which is merely an imposter and not even in the same league overall.

I wonder if theres anything else like it? I'd care to check it out if such a thing exists :(

But man they drove that knife in hard for a certain somebody here, even to the very end. I shed a tear.

At least the TV series has a happier ending than the manga!

Kazzy

Wont watch:

Most stuff.

Might watch:

Some stuff.

Will watch:

Other stuff.

This is how we list anime up here in the 8th dimension.

I like this kind of thinking, come what may...

Sticking to any sort of current watching schedule is a fools errand.

Looks cute and the premise is kinda interesting so I guess I'll check this out. Although, the headless talking chickens smoking cigars reminds me of something that I've seen before... Hmm, I can't quite put my finger on it.
I can't remember either, it's really bugging me.

Uchip

Banned
maybe you're thinking of that scene from Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
strangely enough, the little gnomes are creepier than the headless chickens

wonzo

Banned
maybe you're thinking of that scene from Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
strangely enough, the little gnomes are creepier than the headless chickens
i haven't seen that yet so i'm pretty sure it's not :(

what i remember is that it was definitely 2d animation. it might have even been a pv or some really short ova for this show!

M
Naruto: Road to Ninja[/B] (yeah, yeah)

Ah its gonna be awesome, AU Sasuke, at least.
tumblr_m5oed4DbqR1r6izako1_500.png

Summer doesn't look too hot.
Campione! - The art and "battle fantasy" lead me to believe this will be shit, but the JRPG nerd in me can't turn down some good old fashioned deicide.

Im just worried it will be too heavy on the harem aspect...but a battle fantasy and magic, swords, and a decent main character compels me to watch.

7Th

it's that time of the season folks

lets see...

Kingdom :(, YuruYuri S2, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Moyashimon Returns, Oda Nobuna lol, Binbou-gami ga!, Tari Tari, Rinne S2 and Joshiraku. Maybe that Bodyswap show and chitose if it's a dumb throwaway short.

but there's no need for the goggles in this show and there's plenty of sakuga moments to!

I'm checking out:

Natsuyuki
Joshiraku
Moyashimon S2
Kokoro Connect
SAO

I was going to take a look at Oda Nobuna, but then they revealed it was a harem and not yuri antics like I expected.

duckroll

I'm only watching Natsuyuki for sure next season. I might check out stuff like Tari Tari and Joshiraku, but they're not really high on my agenda list. Overall seems like a pretty non-duckroll season.

duckroll

Even Yoshida has abandoned Naru even though he designed her. His Newtype spread this month is Ao x Fleur, with Truth on the side. Lol.

survivor

Banned
Bakemonogatari 5

I liked the way they concluded the arc.
Definitely didn't expect the twist that only Araragi can see Hachikuji

Bakemonogatari 6

Well not much was shown about the new girl in this episode but I did like
how Araragi got his ass kicked near the end

survivor

Banned
Seitokai Yakuindomo 1

Girls say the Dirtiest Things: The Anime

It's pretty funny so far and I like how it's skits based instead of having a regular story.

sorry, slightly off topic,

I've seen a gif on gaf showing a dude shooting laser beam from his groin into the space..

which anime is that?

gintama ended, i need some crazy hilarity fix.

Fate Zero 24

Well that started out good but overall was good and the events became pretty dumb :/. Kiritsugu still needed even more development?!

Action was nice
Bullettime, accelerated burst, knowing Pain, and even Saber taking a sword like it was an arrow to the knee...I just hate how its destroy the grail, so no winner at all?! what even

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom