• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's that time of the season folks

lets see...

Kingdom :(, YuruYuri S2, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Moyashimon Returns, Oda Nobuna lol, Binbou-gami ga!, Tari Tari, Rinne S2 and Joshiraku. Maybe that Bodyswap show and chitose if it's a dumb throwaway short.

I should probably get working on the thread soon.

Watching to end no matter what:

Binbou-gami Ga
Dog Dads'
Horizon 2

Interested in:

Arcana Famiglia
Sword Art Online

Eh, might watch:

Lagrange 2
Hagure Yuusha
Aruvu Rezuru
Joshiraku
Ebiten
Campione
Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai

Will follow while airing
* muv-luv
* yuruyuri
* dakara boku wa, H ga dekinai
* sword arts online
* dog days

Will take and watch once more episodes have been released
* kingdom
* koi to senkyo no chocolate
* horizon 2
* oda nobona no yabou
* bimbo gami - ga
* kokoro connect
* campione
* ebiten
* hagure yuusha no estetica
* junrui wa suitai shimashita

Will wait for impressions to move in the 2 categories above
* Uta koi
* moyashimon
* hakuouki
* kono naka ni hitori ......... ( why is this plot seems ulterly dumb ? )
* tari tari
* lagrange 2
* la storia della ....

Not intrested

THE REST

Let's of things for me this season

wonzo

Banned
infinite stratos 7

ishit7.jpg

composition up there with the likes of Angel Beats!

laura fucked up the british and chinese girls shit so she's in my good bookpost-it-note for this show

Eh, I find the humor amusing. I just don't really feel the need to post about it.
That's good, at least you do find it funny.

We've all made these lists before, I'm sure, but eh, why not one more time...

Movies/OVAs
Will watch (eventually): Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 2nd A's, Milky Holmes OVA

Might watch: Fairy Tail movie, Ruroni Kenshin movie

TV
Will watch: Yuru Yuri 2 (most promising show of the season, probably); Dog Days' (the first season was uneven, but hopefully this is more of the good than the bad)

Will try: Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai; Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Kokoro Connect (if it's good, this could certainly go up a category)

Maybe try: Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi; Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate; Binbougami Ga! (don't love the manga, but might give it a try); Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! (morbid curiosity, mostly); Ebiten (looks bad); Hagure Yuusha no Estetica; La Storia della Arcana Familia; Aruvu Rezuru; Campione (these last ones don't sound good, but they're not started yet, so who knows for sure)

Will definitely not watch: Sword Art Online, Chitose Get You

As for Horizon II, I'll consider watching it if I can get myself to watch the second half of the first season, which I abandoned midway through.

duckroll

I think we should blame the duckroll hype train again.

Okay, this is really getting fucking annoying, and I'm not even joking. It's like you have something against me and just want to make up nonsense even when it's not true just to find some one liner that'll offend me. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of you. I'm calling my lawyers to work something out, and I strongly suggest that if you have something worthwhile to back up your claims, you start looking for evidence that there was any sort of "duckroll hype" on the piece of shit show called Lupin Fuckjiko right now. Otherwise you're going to get sued so bad, you'll probably not be able to even afford a monitor to watch the next season of anime after that. Fuck this shit.

1stStrike

Banned
Mm... most of what's coming out in the new season doesn't look interesting to me. Here's about the only ones I'd watch:

Aruvu Rezuru: kikai Jikake no Yousei-tachi

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica

And even so, I'm not entirely sure if I'll watch Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. Depends on the first episode.

The Code Geass side story sounds meh as well.

On the movie front, though, I want to see (at some point):

Berserk Ougon Jidai-Hen II
Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyto-Hen
Uchuu Senkan Yamatao 2199 (chapter 2)
Naruto: Road to Ninja
(yeah, yeah)
Fairy Tail: Houou no Miko

I'll at least keep my eye on the other anime coming out to see if I change my mind, but I can't say that anything really excites me all that much right now.

Dresden

bimbogami-ga

utakoi

natsuyuki

moyashimon

joshiraku

those are what i think should be good, at least.

below are stuff i'm going to give a chance:

that seiji kishi thing about fairies

lagrange s2

gary stu online

tari tari

e: i forgot to add in the genderbending oda show.

Summer doesn't look too hot.

Muv Luv - Morbid curiosity.
Sword Art Online - I have a personal obligation to check out VR MMO shows. Half nostalgia, half search for redemption.
Campione! - The art and "battle fantasy" lead me to believe this will be shit, but the JRPG nerd in me can't turn down some good old fashioned deicide.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wont watch:

Most stuff.

Might watch:

Some stuff.

Will watch:

Other stuff.

This is how we list anime up here in the 8th dimension.

cajunator

Banned
Wont watch:

Most stuff.

Might watch:

Some stuff.

Will watch:

Other stuff.

This is how we list anime up here in the 8th dimension.

This is so similar to my list its not even funny.
Unless you find this sort of thing funny, in which case chortle away my comrades.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Dracula: Emperor of Darkness

A valuable lesson on why you always use protection, even when you're the lord of the undead. Satan don't approve of no mixin' of the races and he WILL fuck your life up hardcore if he finds out that you've been impaling human girls with your Vlad.

Acchi Kocchi 3:

That snowball fight...AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Io's Casanova moments are hilarious. Poor Tsumiki. She's really more of a kuudere than a tsundere, there are some tsun elements but she's really got a lot of kuu going on. And, well, a shitload of dere. HNNNNNNNGH.

Hearing Mayoi end almost every other sentence with "-nyan" is amusing too, and her snowball cannon stole the whole fight scene, especially when she was going against Tsumiki in Kuudere Superpowered Mode.

Iron Chef Omelette Io Otonashi really should consider taking Tsumiki as his bride now before all these other girls try to seduce him and she is forced to kill every one of them in a burst of yandere fury to prevent any of them from succeeding.

Narag

Dracula - Sovereign of the Damned

So apparently the classic 70s comic series Tomb of Dracula was adapted into an anime film in 1980. I just assumed it was supposed to be a regular vampire story until I noticed Marv Wolfman was given credit and I did some digging. Sadly, like most compressed adaptations (ex: Harmageddon) a lot is lost trying to fit so many events in and it ends up a rather questionable final product.

The premise is Dracula has long since fled Europe and moved to Boston where he interferes with a satanic summoning ritual as a giant "Fuck you." to Satan himself. There he steals Dolores, bride of Satan, and decides the whole evil vampire thing has grown stale so gets married to her and settles down. As it were, his long list of enemies doesn't really care about this. In particular, a group of vampire hunters continue to hunt him down. They're comprised of wheelchair bound member of the Harker family out to avenge his family, some chick with a crossbow that's a member of the van Helsing family, and a descendant of Dracula himself. In addition to this trio, a strangely intelligent dog that is the reincarnation of Johnathan Harker, aptly named Johnathan Barker, assists them in their pursuit of justice. While this goes on, we're privy to Dracula confessing his life of evil to his wife, being a family man, taking his wife out on a date, and fulfilling his role of World's Best Dad. Shame it all comes crashing down.

Ok one part of that isn't real but that's for the reader to discern.

As the movie progresses, it's increasingly apparent several elements from the comic series were thrown in as "important events" and unfortunately it plays out as one might expect. There's one scene in particular towards the middle (Dracula vs Anton Lupeski) that's surprisingly strong but later events cheapen it. There's some globetrotting, some assbackward logic to create tension, and a bunch of characters no one gives a shit about in the second half. I wouldn't be surprised if 7 years worth of comics was indeed compressed to 90 minutes.

It did give us this though and for that I'm ever grateful.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 1
ru7HY.jpg

I wonder if Star Mars is any good.
So far I'd say this is an ok show, considering I've only seen the first episode. But this Urabe girl is crazy. Talking about hearing voices and shit. Of course the guy is just as weird with his drool fetish. On to the next episode!

Articalys

Everyone's favorite crazy action video game/anime series Sengoku Basara is getting adapted into... a live-action TV drama!
CAPCOM's historical action game franchise Sengoku Basara is inspiring its first live-action television show next month, and actor/singer GACKT will star in it as Oda Nobunaga. Titled "Sengoku Basara -Moonlight Party-", it will also star Kento Hayashi (Arakawa Under the Bridge) as Date Masamune and Kōhei Takeda (Hana Zakari no Kimi-tachi e: Ikemen Paradise, Kamen Rider Kiva) as Sanada Yukimura.

Gackt will contribute the ending theme song "Hakuro." The show will premiere on July 12 on MBS.

cajunator

Banned
Acchi Kocchi 3:

That snowball fight...AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Io's Casanova moments are hilarious. Poor Tsumiki. She's really more of a kuudere than a tsundere, there are some tsun elements but she's really got a lot of kuu going on. And, well, a shitload of dere. HNNNNNNNGH.

Hearing Mayoi end almost every other sentence with "-nyan" is amusing too, and her snowball cannon stole the whole fight scene, especially when she was going against Tsumiki in Kuudere Superpowered Mode.

Iron Chef Omelette Io Otonashi really should consider taking Tsumiki as his bride now before all these other girls try to seduce him and she is forced to kill every one of them in a burst of yandere fury to prevent any of
them from succeeding.

I hope you prepared yourself because it gets a whole damned lot cuter than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom