• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

fate/zero 24

BREAKING NEWS:
KARIYA LIVES! HE WILL REACH THE FINALE. HATERS BE DAMNED!

that was utterly fantastic. the cuts were obvious and a bit annoying, but now i just can't wait for the bluray release!

favourite show in years.

Just so that people can understand how far I am willing to go with this - I stopped watching K-On!! at the penultimate episode because I wasn't interested in continuing the series. So even though I only have one more episode to watch, I won't be finishing the series any time soon.

OegVf.gif

cajunator

Banned
Actually, I haven't even STARTED K-on season 2.
Ritsu is really fucking cute though.

I just finished watching Space Brothers and that was pretty fun. Does it continue to be that good?

Another one on my watch list, thank you.

Yes, Space Brothers is really really good consistently.

Raide

Did a weird thing. Starting watching Eureka Seven AO, not knowing there was a series before. So I spent the last few days watching that as well. 50 Episodes! Really enjoyed it. Things then make a bit more sense in AO. :D

Jex

You mean you don't like the amazing character design from IS?!

They look about as good as the character designs from Fate/Zero.
Just makes it more noteworthy as extra attention to detail when it's done right though.
Which, unfortunately, makes it one of those things that some shows decide is unimportant because most people probably don't consciously notice, like poor background art.
Blood-C is a fantastic show. I love it unironically. It's a lot of fun, it's CLAMP to the max, and it was action packed. Great music and designs too. The monsters looked awesome, the characters were cute, there's great action direction, and the climax is everything it needs to be and more.
This is one thing duckroll and I agree strongly on.
This is so cute.

Articalys

Hmm. Does this refer to the Star Driver movie or something else?
BONES co-founder Toshihiro Kawamoto revealed at his AM2 convention panel on Saturday that his studio is working on a new version of a "familiar" title. However, he added that he cannot discuss the title further before it is announced.

He also confirmed that he is personally working as a key animator on Eureka Seven AO , as well as on the 10th installment of the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 series. He also did a new poster illustration for an upcoming Sunrise Festival 2012 marathon screening of the entire Cowboy Bebop television series.

survivor

Banned
Bakemonogatari 8

Really impressed by
the plot twist regarding Kanbaru's power. Just like snail girl, it added a nice touch and made things more interesting. Also, didn't think there would be a fight scene, I thought Shaft were bunch of lazy bastards. And it was really brutal even though they tried to lessen the violence by adding pretty colours.

I'm still not sure how Senjou's involvement nullifies the contract with the devil and made him go away, only part that confused me so far.

Next arc is the Nadeko from the looks of the preview, HYPE

Makoto

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-5

Why is the fate of the human race in the hands of some teenagers and why are they the prime candidates to pilot these (edit: very expensive-looking at that) machines?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Bakemonogatari 8

Really impressed by
the plot twist regarding Kanbaru's power. Just like snail girl, it added a nice touch and made things more interesting. Also, didn't think there would be a fight scene, I thought Shaft were bunch of lazy bastards. And it was really brutal even though they tried to lessen the violence by adding pretty colours.

I'm still not sure how Senjou's involvement nullifies the contract with the devil and made him go away, only part that confused me so far.

Next arc is the Nadeko from the looks of the preview, HYPE

The idea with
Senjou's involvement is that it invoked a catch 22 of sorts. The rainy devil was to get rid of Ararararagi so that Senjou would then be with Kanbaru, but since Senjou said that if anything happened to Ararararagi, that would end any sort of relationship between her and Kanbaru, the devil couldn't carry out Kanbaru's wish and exploded in a puff of logic.

Why is the fate of the human race in the hands of some teenagers and why are they the prime candidates to pilot these (edit: very expensive-looking at that) machines?
Kids are the future, yo.
I really feel like SHAFT are noticeable for things other than their approach to fanservice, but if you'd like to talk specifically about SHAFT fanservice I have some stuff you can read.

I really feel like they work to create far more interesting fan service sequences than other shows, although I feel like the anime adaptation of MGX comes pretty close to capturing the same spirit.
That shot in the first episode was much better than anything in the second episode for sure.

NeonZ

Rewatch the battle in episode 2 if you want a hint before the actual reveals later.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
You should watch Blue Exorcist. (I don't mean this in a 'that's how you do it' kind of a way.)

Then how do you mean it by? Does it have good CG water or not?

Well it wasn't all bad. There were two relatively nice effects on display - the fire didn't look too bad and the water coming out of the sprinkler system looked great. Unfortunately that wasn't the case for every CG item in the episode.

True, the fire did look quite good. The waves weren't offensive either, it was mostly the
waves coming out of that grail
that just looked like PS1 awful.

Actually, I haven't even STARTED K-on season 2.
Ritsu is really fucking cute though.

If you ever have time, you should give it a whirl. Very cute, and bigger budget than Season 1. ^_^

Makoto

Rewatch the battle in episode 2 if you want a hint because the actual reveals later.
I just went ahead and Googled it. Seems like a hacky way to justify a coming of age story,
though I went ahead and Googled if it was a coming of age story as well and apparently any attempt at that was undone in the end.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I just went ahead and Googled it. Seems like a hacky way to justify a coming of age story,
though I went ahead and Googled if it was a coming of age story as well and apparently any attempt at that was undone in the end.

Why the hell would you try and spoil yourself?

Makoto

Why the hell would you try and spoil yourself?
I don't think I'll continue with NGE after those first 5 episodes.
The way the mechs work seems unnecessary. I'm still questioning why a mech would need to be connected to the pilot's nervous system and all that jazz.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
The way the mechs work seems unnecessary. I'm still questioning why a mech would need to be connected to the pilot's nervous system and all that jazz.

That's a shame, Evangelion certainly has it's flaws, but it was quite a worthwhile experience overall.

It's really not that unnecessary. It's more realistic than the control methods in other mecha shows, in terms of explaining how they can pull off the moves that they do.

Kazzy

...seems like a better method than the one used in Eureka Seven. The fact that the mechs actually lift on the boards themselves always irritated me.

cajunator

Banned
Got my other piece of furniture.
Now hopefully I can rearrange parts of my room and really clean it up and make more room for animu.
Plus a giant tv :3

Fate/Zero 24:

The tradition of horrible CG liquid continues to this day. What ever the liquid is, it will always look awful in CG.

This whole episode had great animation and all, but basically played out as "Buy the full edition on overpriced Blu-Ray, coming soon!" I would expect the final version to be about 10 minutes longer.

Wasn't it originally supposed to be 25 or 26 episodes? I'm sure the real ending will soon be available for $400 on Blu-ray disc!

Sigh.

Uchip

Banned
Did a weird thing. Starting watching Eureka Seven AO, not knowing there was a series before. So I spent the last few days watching that as well. 50 Episodes! Really enjoyed it. Things then make a bit more sense in AO. :D

really?
AO makes less sense to me when I try and fit it in with the original

survivor

Banned
Bakemonogatari 9

No wonder this OP was good, it's done by the goddess, Kana Hanazawa

I have come to the conclusion that Hanekawa is very boring and I don't know how I will be able to watch her arc without dozing off.

I felt kinda dirty watching the ending of the episode

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You'll love her arc survivor, trust me on this.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Bakemonogatari 9

No wonder this OP was good, it's done by the goddess, Kana Hanazawa

I have come to the conclusion that Hanekawa is very boring and I don't know how I will be able to watch her arc without dozing off.

I felt kinda dirty watching the ending of the episode

You'll get the best episode in the series once you finish her arc, though, so keep at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom