• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Happy Father's Day!

Papa-no-Iukoto-o-Kikinasai-04-01.jpg

;P

Accel world 10

yep. dont play mmos with rl folks you know. it's not worth it ;P

man this mmo sounds like shit though.

It's pretty much "We blocked the most efficient way to grind for exp, so the only way to reach max lvl is to grind trash mobs"

:/

I dunno the bond i made with IRL friends plaed some mmos was really great..
It's much harder to get that kind of fun , when you're with not strangers.

Also as for grinding , i think the rewards of accel world are great i would have so many delicous use for a time freeze hability ( outside my hentai fantasies )

and that's why butterfly warrior -tan is right , screw the peace and let's fight !!

Redline
Redline mothership warping in to become the final straightaway? So fucking cool.

I thought that was such a mindblowing part, never even saw it coming and the visuals for it looked amazing.

kuroko basketball 11

Some nice animations this week.

i know it's for dramatic tension, but must every single 3 pointer that guy shoots take like a min long?

next week should be fun.

I think it works well, though always when he does it some part of me just imagine's it will end up missing the hoop.

duckroll

Tsuritama Episode 10

Wow, this show is really fantastic. I'm been enjoying it more week to week, and as the climax continues to build up I find that I'm really invested in the scenario and the characters. The emotional hooks are really effective, and I love the way things are playing out. It seems the production of the show is struggling though. They've been needing more and more animation directors for each episode (ep10 had 11 ADs!), and even then, they couldn't screen ep11 today at the noitaminA Cafe's weekly early screenings for Apollon and Tsuritama. The episode was simply not done. Hopefully the staff pull through, because this is a great series.

Jex

While it's easy enough to poke fun of anime during Father's Day I have a far more interesting game - provide me with examples of really great father's in anime.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Nausicaa: King Jihl - Beloved king to his people in the Valley of the Wind

Moribito: Jiguro - Protector and Mentor

Marco: Marco's father - doctor helping the poor

Natsume: Natsume's final adopted father figure is okay, I guess.

Oniisama e...: Nanako's dad is okay.

Master Keaton: Keaton looks like a good father, but he's always busy travelling so I guess he really doesn't count.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Dusty Attenborough and Wolfgang Mittermeyer

Space Brothers: Kenji Makabe, although if he becomes an astronaut I guess he wouldn't count as a 'good' father anymore.

duckroll

Idolmaster - Special Episode

Pretty sweet episode. It's like a follow up to episode 15, which was the bestest episode ever. This should really have been the final episode in the TV series and it would have ended on a really high note. I guess they wanted to save something to promote the final volume with instead. There were a ton of great gags too. I love how the movie trailer this time basically spoiled the entire (imaginary) film, just like most actual movie trailers these days! :D

Erigu

[Berserk]
decide that, with your fans clamoring for the story to move forward, you'll do a three-chapter flashback back to Guts's time as a boy. That's another year and a half!
Wut? It will be published in three consecutive issues of Young Animal (meaning it will end on less than one month).

I just finished reading the seventh Haruhi Suzumiya light novel, The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya. Is there any chance of seeing the continuation of the anime adaption of the series following this story, along with the short stories not animated in the fifth and sixth novels?
I'd think so. Even if Hirano Aya...

Seeing as I tend to read the novels with the English dub voices in mind, casting voices to the new "nameless" characters is a bit of a challenge. By nameless characters I mean
the group connected to Sasaki, who has yet to be mentioned
Trivia: In the movie, when Kyon looks for Haruhi's phone number,
Sasaki's name shows up in the directory

Next I plan to start reading the Welcome to the NHK light novel. From my understanding the themes in the novel are a bit darker than the manga and anime adaptions. If I thoroughly enjoy the novel, I may have to watch the anime to note how the two contrast each other.
Novel > manga > TV series.

Grzi

Naruto still is and if Bleach hadnt ended...it would be too!

I don't know, to me Naruto stopped being interesting after episode 135, and Bleach after the SS arc. Those were the days I was literally dying while waiting for the next episode.
I've actually finished Naruto and started watching Shippuuden, but stopped early, I'll probably marathon it someday.
I stopped watching Bleach somewhere during the Arrancar arc, although I've seen a few episodes after it my friend told me were interesting. I plan to finish the show though, probably this summer.

1stStrike

Banned
nichijou2bg95s.jpg

That's what I was thinking. This anime just gets more and more bizarre. 0_o

I don't know, to me Naruto stopped being interesting after episode 135, and Bleach after the SS arc. Those were the days I was literally dying while waiting for the next episode.
I've actually finished Naruto and started watching Shippuuden, but stopped early, I'll probably marathon it someday.
I stopped watching Bleach somewhere during the Arrancar arc, although I've seen a few episodes after it my friend told me were interesting. I plan to finish the show though, probably this summer.

Do yourself a favor and at least watch the Pain arc in Shippuden. That is one of the best arcs ever in that series, IMO. I've watched it a couple times now and really enjoyed it.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's fathers day. I don't actually celebrate it, but happy fathers day for those of you who have fathers:

major_fathersvib09.jpg

Card Captor Sakura - Sakura's dad was pretty baller. Always making breakfast and packin lunches. Raising two kids as a single parent. Kind and a scholar. Married a student. Great dad.

Puella - Madoka's dad . . . was there and I think he gave Madoka some advice one time. He was nice the few times he was shown, anyway.

Imouto - Too Tsundere not to be considered a great dad.

Air Friends - Pegasus-san is the kawaiiest of them all. Excellent dad with great genes.

duckroll

That article headline is a scam! If you actually read the article itself, it appears that the president of IG told the director that yesterday Oshii watched the movie. He had only planned on checking out the opening part, but he ended up watching all of it, and his comment was something like "Yeah, he did a good job." lolol. I guess coming from Oshii, that's considered high praise! :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That article headline is a scam! If you actually read the article itself, it appears that the president of IG told the director that yesterday Oshii watched the movie. He had only planned on checking out the opening part, but he ended up watching all of it, and his comment was something like "Yeah, he did a good job." lolol. I guess coming from Oshii, that's considered high praise! :p
At least he acknowledged it was a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom