• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mysterious Girlfriend X 3
RJwus.jpg

Don't worry, she won't walk in on you masturbating.
Man that boy is a whiner, but man is Urabe ever so mysterious. She's also rather risque with going commando on a windy day. Not sure what that was supposed to prove. Oh and glasses girl is really cute. Next episode awaits!
LrSqT.jpg

Absolutely no bonding! You'll only drink her drool and you are going to like it.

Soma

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 11

Wow. I was honestly not expecting that little revelation at the end of the episode.

I really liked how pretty much everything wrapped up by the end. Even though the main plot has been more or less resolved I wonder how they'll wrap up everything in the last episode. This and the previous ones have been really really great despite deviating from where the manga currently is. Dusk Maiden has definitely become one of my favorite shows this season and I'm hoping it ends on a good note next week.

Fate/Zero 16:

Everything about this show is good. Everything.

If it weren't for the fact that I haven't ever seen ufotable try to handle comedy, I would say they should be the ones to do the Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA anime. Who did the Carnival Phantasm anime, anyways? I didn't watch that one.

Jex

Tron Uprising 1

There was some fantastic direction, camera work, and action choreography - a snappy production all-around. The environment design is elaborate and attractive. At the same time, the writing rubbed me the wrong way in how it executed its standard story beats, and I can't say I really care about what happens to these characters or their world. So if the following episodes are not as well directed I think I'll pass.

Also, while the CG animation in general is slick, I'm not a big fan of how the characters move in the slower dialogue-driven scenes.

Just wait till you see them glide it up in a nightclub!

Soma

Who did the Carnival Phantasm anime, anyways? I didn't watch that one.

Apparently Studio Lerche... ? Never heard of them before.

I've watched a few episodes and it's really silly but it's probably even more enjoyable if you're familiar with the Tsukihime stuff too. I haven't really gotten into all that but i still like what I've seen from Carnival Phantasm. Think I was on episode 3 or 4... the one where Rin couldn't figure out how to record stuff on TV. That was amazing.

Bakemonogatari Ep. 6

A bit of good animation?! Guess I won't be seeing more for another 5 episodes or so then, if the trend continues.
Heh. Seeing Araragi get the crap beat out of him was fun.

jman2050

Carnival Phantasm is a series of decent-to-okay silly skits punctuated with a few absolutely amazing ones.

So like, if Nichijou were 70% hilarious instead of only 20%.

Bakemonogatari Ep. 6

A bit of good animation?! Guess I won't be seeing more for another 5 episodes or so then, if the trend continues.
Heh. Seeing Araragi get the crap beat out of him was fun.

The animation was pretty good in episode 10 BD version!
If you're into that sort of thing

trejo

I don't think this is the case. It just means that their staff really want to do more creative stuff, but they don't seem to get contracts for anything other than high school setting adaptations. So their creativity has to be expressed in ads instead. Pretty sad!

Whatever the case may be we can both agree it's pretty sad indeed.

Fate/Zero 16:

Everything about this show is good. Everything.

If it weren't for the fact that I haven't ever seen ufotable try to handle comedy, I would say they should be the ones to do the Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA anime. Who did the Carnival Phantasm anime, anyways? I didn't watch that one.

You should watch the Minori Scramble! OVA. Slapstick fun for the whole family. Featuring penguins and 2D cars!

Just wait till you see them glide it up in a nightclub!

Oh dear, I can picture it already.

Bakemonogatari Ep. 6

Actually, there's more really great animation in episode 8.

Jex

WD-M01 Turn A Gundam (Turn A Gundam) vs. Black Getter (Getter Robo: Apocalypse)

MS-07B Gouf Custom (Gundam: The 08th MS Team)
vs. RX-78-GP03 Dendrobium (Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory)

Gunbuster (Top wo Nerai! Gunbuster)
vs. Gao Gai Gar (The King of Braves Gao Gai Gar)

Escaflowne (Tenkuu no Escaflowne) vs NZ-666 Kshatriya (Gundam Unicorn)

That was pretty easy!

Mysterious Girlfriend X 4
GjLkd.jpg

Tsubaki has the weirdest wet dreams.
So Urabe doesn't want any friends besides a boyfriend? And big boobed Oka wants to get in on the drool drinking? So mysterious, at least they show that her drool isn't just normal drool.
Or something, I don't know... I'd say more, but this show just doesn't make any sense, but it's fun to watch.
Next episode is a beach one, so it should be good.

Jex

Mm I'm not going off bias on the quantity, as there's plenty of ops that suck regardless of the anime length. Just off what I've watched in recent times these stand out to me:

Spice and Wolf op - Granted, this ended up being two seasons.

Getter Robo Armageddon op 2
I am going to let you in on a contraversial secret - that Spice and Wolf OP is nothing without that amazing musical track.

Also, I am saddened that you picked the second Armageddon OP. That's just the first OP but re-cut badly.
There's certainly ops I like from longer shows, but it's usually one or two stand out ops while the rest are so-so.
Longer shows tend to get a better chance at having a great OP's because they have so many OP's. Also, actiony shounen works get to have some nice show-off OP's with great animation and action.
Bakemonogatari Ep. 5

Well, that was overwrought. This series is so exploitative, it's no wonder it sells.

I don't think this argument holds any water because there's hundreds of exploitative shows produced that tend to sell relatively poorly compared to something like Bakemonogatari.

wonzo

Banned
AKB0048 8

AITAKATTA AITAKATTA AITAKATTA. Not even broken frames can possibly stop the sheer raw power of the idols!!!
It's a shame that the DES failed yet again in bringing down the increasingly sick, sad and depraved idol culture. :(

to be next stage

Fap/zero 24

So much cut, but still awesome. seems like kirei went down way easy, same with berserker. Kerry's matrix hax were fun to watch, in what little we saw of them. Kariya's death was kinda lulz. just splat dead, nothing else. one thing i really enjoyed about the ep was how kerrytugu even with all that fucked up shit that happened in the grail still kept true to his ideals and now knowing what the grail is, will destroy it. Saybaa's reaction after the command spell was wtf. lol.

Akb double oh fourty eight ep 8

were finally getting back to ep3 levels of kawamori, this is a good thing. first part of the ep we see the end of the stand in concert with a bit of aitakatta YES!! most of the ep is sappy melodrama with the current takamina getting butthurt that kanata is going to be her sucessor according to those va.. i mean kirara things despite kanata idolizing takamina. then for the last half the kawamori kicks in, and we get a mecha battle complete with an enemy ace pilot! next ep we should get our first taste of a real gurella concert. I swear there must be some black-water level stuff going on in the background of 0048.

jman2050

I don't think this argument holds any water because there's hundreds of exploitative shows produced that tend to sell relatively poorly compared to something like Bakemonogatari.

I really do wonder how something like Bakemonogatari got as big as it did. Especially considering cases where other similar shows failed miserably.

Branduil

Hyouka 9

Well that's one way to show a high school girl indulging to drunkenness and not get censored. I imagine as with the cold this will prove important somehow.

Not the strongest episode, it felt like a bridge to wherever they're going next. I did enjoy the visualizations and the quirks of the other detectives.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I really do wonder how something like Bakemonogatari got as big as it did. Especially considering cases where other similar shows failed miserably.

Hater answer: because pretentious SHAFT trappings blahblahblahblah

Real answer: because awesome pretentious SHAFT trappings blahblahblahblah

I'm firmly in the pro-Bakemonogatari camp, but then again, I'm pretty pro-SHAFT in general and enjoy long, rambling dialogue.

I can easily understand hating Bakemonogatari, since I hated parts of it too. The good things just made up for it.

Overall though, I prefer the Katanagatari anime and the Medaka Box manga by that author, both of which have less (although some) truly annoying elements.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 11

The robot episode! Warning. Extremely NSFW. Kinda sad that the season is gonna end with the aftermath of this episode but hopefully it will get another season and the idol arch will get done. Very faithful to the manga but with lots of shadowing.

wonzo

Banned
Mysterious Girlfriend X 11

The robot episode! Warning. Extremely NSFW. Kinda sad that the season is gonna end with the aftermath of this episode but hopefully it will get another season and the idol arch will get done. Very faithful to the manga but with lots of shadowing.
fyi they're on the record stating that the anime will get its own original end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom