• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Also see this amusing comment thread.

Argh, discrete math. Anyway, change my wallpaper to his, it's pretty good

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because she knows the solution of this mystery but her mental state was too inebriated to form it into words, hence why Fukube asked her to logically refute the last girl's proposal but fell asleep soon after. The next episode might be based around Chitanda trying to recover her memory and piece together why she thought everyone's proposal was so offensively wrong. It might initiate a path towards writing the script themselves. Seeing as how the four still haven't asked to see the writer in person probably means she doesn't exist.
Hmm, yeah that seems plausible.

I guess I should elaborate. It's more like you're watching the shameless pandering and exploitation. And I'm grinning as I think about your reaction to the snake arc. Which is similar to all the people waiting to see what happens when viewers get to the later episodes of School Days.
Snake girl wasn't that bad outside of the obvious fanservice at episode 9. From the warnings I expected something much worse.

cajunator

Banned
Hmm, I've been watching a lot of anime with weak or non-existent story lines lately. Time to find something a bit longer that's heavily story/character centric and will draw me in.

*looks at his backlog and sees nothing of the sort*

FML.

Have you seen Twelve Kingdoms?

Makoto

Demon King Daimao ep 1
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5sgysI3EJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png[img]
Favorite va voicing a cool character, nice (greg a). Thanks to netflix can move it off my backlog. Kind of a crazy first episode, with Akuto who reminds me of Syaoran for some reason, saying the most hilarious things and having the most explosive mind blowing powers. I can't wait to see them grow even better. Three separate scenes of exposed boobs was awkward though...[/QUOTE]
Having finished this a few weeks ago, I had no idea what was happening by the second half. The show uses fanservice as bait and then almost out of nowhere, dumps a bunch of plot on the viewer. If you're in it for the action, it will take a while but I don't think you'll be too disappointed.

1stStrike

Banned
You got a list anywhere? And how long we talking?

Unfortunately, I don't. I should've kept track, as I've been watching anime for uh... 12 or 13 years now, perhaps a bit longer, so the volume is pretty high. I rarely watch regular tv shows or movies, with anime being pretty much my sole form of animated entertainment.

Never looked interesting to me, so I didn't pick it up. Even the wiki article about it has a comment saying that the story and plot twists are a bit weak compared to Death Note (which I never finished). I just finished watching all 6 seasons of Major, the movie and the OVA's recently, and thought that was really well done. That's my kind of anime, though the sports part isn't really necessary.

I guess I should elaborate. It's more like you're watching the shameless pandering and exploitation. And I'm grinning as I think about your reaction to the snake arc. Which is similar to all the people waiting to see what happens when viewers get to the later episodes of School Days.
I'll be sure to post my impressions, just for you. :p

the show selling like shit probably has something to do with that

Well shit. A show like this should sell well.

Acchi Kocchi 8:

I'm going to be sad when this show is over. It's everything that was good about Azumanga Daioh combined with the ethereal cuteness of Tsumiki.

Considering how hopelessly dense Io is, he certainly is one hell of a Casanova with those sweet words of his.

Orlandu84

I just want to say thank you to the thread for introducing me to Fate Zero! I was hooked after the first episode, and I would never have found it without you. For I haven't watched much anime since I finished graduate school last year on account of the whole "work thing." Anyways, thank you all, but especially hosannainexcelsis for the OP.

Jintor

One more for father's day.

tumblr_m5sfatbi4v1r9wko3o1_500.png

I just want to say thank you to the thread for introducing me to Fate Zero! I was hooked after the first episode, and I would never have found it without you. For I haven't watched much anime since I finished graduate school last year on account of the whole "work thing." Anyways, thank you all, but especially hosannainexcelsis for the OP.

Thanks; Miri was actually the creator of the original OP, I just edited and added my personal thoughts to it for this third iteration. Glad you're enjoying Fate/Zero!

I think I'm going to turn my attention to anime movies for a little bit. Onto Whisper of the Heart and then The Cat Returns.

Whisper of the Heart is an excellent choice. If you're going to be focusing on movies, be sure to watch the utterly charming Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur 2006!

Narag

TANK S.W.A.T. 01

More Romanov Higa as I really enjoyed Catblue Dynamite. This is a one-off CG OAV set in the Dominion: Tank Police universe. I really enjoy this franchise so was rather tenative at the prospect of a CG iteration. The characters were cel shaded and personally I thought it looked rather nice at times I entered this under the impression it'd be more plastic people or so it were. I wouldn't mind seeing other stuff in this style so long as it's more refined.

It starts up in the middle of a call where the tank police are called in. It's mostly comedy & action until the antagonist shows up to start this steadily increasing tension that culminates in an excellent final standoff where the antagonist holds all the cards and does a fine job of turning the police on one another. In the end, at the very least, it was nice to revisit Leona and Bonaparte.

A couple character shots.

This was just funny.

Andrew J.

Fate/Zero 17

At least now I know, thanks to the transitive property of voice actors, who would win in a fight between Alucard and Aizen Sousuke.

Seen a lot of betrayals in my time watching anime, but getting literally stabbed in the back is actually kind of rare.

1stStrike

Banned
Fate/Zero 17

At least now I know, thanks to the transitive property of voice actors, who would win in a fight between Alucard and Aizen Sousuke.

Seen a lot of betrayals in my time watching anime, but getting literally stabbed in the back is actually kind of rare.

I can't wait to see that again on the blu-ray release. That scene really caught me off guard and was a literal "OH SHIT" moment followed by a wave of disappointment at the actions of said characters.

Hidamari Sketch 5

I love hallucinatory sequences, and this was a particularly fun and heartwarming one. Shinbo's style works very well for this sort of thing. (Apparently he storyboarded this episode under an alias, so this was back in the day when he still did work!)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hyouka 08-09:

Hectic week is hectic. Next week looking similar, so I've just watched now. The animation continues to be stellar, and this mystery is more interesting than the prior ones so far.

Drunk Eru is best Eru.

duckroll

These are all great and all but at the same time kind of depressing since KyoAni seem to refuse to use their godly animu powers for anything other than boring high school settings.

I don't think this is the case. It just means that their staff really want to do more creative stuff, but they don't seem to get contracts for anything other than high school setting adaptations. So their creativity has to be expressed in ads instead. Pretty sad!

cajunator

Banned

Now that you are hooked, you have a duty to buy the blurays :3

I think I'm going to turn my attention to anime movies for a little bit. Onto Whisper of the Heart and then The Cat Returns.

Great choices! The cat returns is adorable and I really love the themesong.
Actually, Whisper of the Heart has pretty music as well.

Milky Holmes s2 1

I think I like Milky Holmes as farmers more than detectives. And I thought Moriarty was supposed to be in this!
You... actually like the first two episodes (ep. 2 is more of the farming thing) of S2? I thought they were the worst two episodes of the entire franchise by far....

(Oh, did you watch the OVA?)

As for Mori Arty,
she shows up a lot less than I thought she would, unfortunately, but does make a few appearances.

Im not going to ask, because Im afraid of the answer.
The answer is that Twenty is awesome.

Tron Uprising 1

There was some fantastic direction, camera work, and action choreography - a snappy production all-around. The environment design is elaborate and attractive. At the same time, the writing rubbed me the wrong way in how it executed its standard story beats, and I can't say I really care about what happens to these characters or their world. So if the following episodes are not as well directed I think I'll pass.

Also, while the CG animation in general is slick, I'm not a big fan of how the characters move in the slower dialogue-driven scenes.

Fate/Zero 15:

Yeah, I'm really late catching up with this show. With the finale just 6 days away, I need to be caught up. However, I had to watch lesser shows first. I haven't seen anything in the past few years which can compete with this show's quality of animation, strength of story, and sheer caliber of characters. The joke is that the best show I've seen in a long time is from the Nasuverse. And yeah, I'm okay with it. Also, it's awesome when Girugamesh refers to himself as Girugamesh, because he actually says it GI-RU-GA-MESH.

wonzo

Banned
Bodacious Space Pirates 24

Damn, only two episodes left. I'm gonna miss this show. :(
I wonder what happened to the real Luca and if we'll see her again or if she'll be replaced by someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom