• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Happy Father's Day!

SCHOOL DAYS SPOILZ
there was nothing there, though!

Queen's Blade 4

Fucking bullshit. God I hate Echidna. I knew they were going to pull some bullshit to make her win, and they did. It makes me so angry I don't want to talk about what happens in the second half. Hopefully the next episode washes this bad snake taste out of my mouth.

do characters ever die in this?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The Mystery of the Missing Nipples.

Now I'm curious.

25fRgl.jpg

Uchip

Banned
dragon ball Z kind of made me stop caring about characters dying in anime
because there would always be some bullshit way to bring them back

Defuser

dragon ball Z kind of made me stop caring about characters dying in anime
because there would always be some bullshit way to bring them back
Thats just dragonball only. I don't recall any anime that have characters resurrected from death.

Fake edit:
Ok I lied, Inuyasha and Guilty crown.

1stStrike

Banned
That's not necessarily the case. There are just more short shows than long shows, so there's a bit of selection bias at work.

Mm I'm not going off bias on the quantity, as there's plenty of ops that suck regardless of the anime length. Just off what I've watched in recent times these stand out to me:

Break Blade Op

Spice and Wolf op - Granted, this ended up being two seasons.

Eden of the East

Getter Robo Armageddon op 2

Nichijou op

You think? All my favorite OPs are from long shows.

There's certainly ops I like from longer shows, but it's usually one or two stand out ops while the rest are so-so.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Idolmaster Special Episode

Pretty much the only piece of anime I watched in the last two months besides Gundam Unicorn 5. Loved every minute of it. Great movie trailer thing again. Now I return to waiting for Fate/Zero to be done so I can marathon it.

1stStrike

Banned
I prefer EDs to OPs for the most part.

It depends a lot on the mood I'm in. OPs tend to be more up-tempo than EDs by intent.

Most of the time eds put me to sleep, but pretty much everyone agrees that the Un-Go ed is awesome. It's pretty upbeat too.

I'm fond of the Guin Saga ed too, but it's more of a soothing song. I almost fell asleep to it a couple times when it came on my playlist late at night :p

Aquarion Evol 25
tumblr_m5rv5n4boT1rnb727o4_400.jpg

That was a pretty stunning penultimate episode. Really shot this anime back up to one of my favorite anime. Loved every moment in it.
Tears of joy when Andy got Mix, and Darn they were so close to gattai! Stupid Yunoha in the way, that was such an emotional tense and glorious moment. Andy for the third best character. I hope the final episode brings a gattai of Kaguar and Amata working together, theyre so great and to take down Mikage would be great. The dark Ancient AQ too was actually pretty dark and reeked of evil, definitely worthy of being the final boss. And the chairman girl, bless her heart for going up there to seeing Fudo.

Articalys

I tend to prefer more energetic songs in general, and since a majority of OPs are like that...
Not that there aren't ED songs like that too. For example, the first ending song from Tiger & Bunny, Hoshi no Sumika.

I wonder what the ratio is of songs written specifically for an anime OP/ED vs. normal J-pop/rock singles that are used for a promotional boost.

Most of the time eds put me to sleep, but pretty much everyone agrees that the Un-Go ed is awesome. It's pretty upbeat too.

I'm fond of the Guin Saga ed too, but it's more of a soothing song. I almost fell asleep to it a couple times when it came on my playlist late at night :p

Best ED.
Never doubt on the capacity to be weird of the human being's imagination. After all, there isn't a term like 'oppai loli' for nothing!
I did say it would be weird.
A man after my heart!
The ED is better.

Makoto

Hyouka 9

I wonder if there was a point to having Chitanda
eat all the chocolate and get drunk.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's because she knows the solution of this mystery but her mental state was too inebriated to form it into words, hence why Fukube asked her to logically refute the last girl's proposal but fell asleep soon after. The next episode might be based around Chitanda trying to recover her memory and piece together why she thought everyone's proposal was so offensively wrong. It might initiate a path towards writing the script themselves. Seeing as how the four still haven't asked to see the writer in person probably means she doesn't exist.

Acchi Kocchi 7:

If the goal of this show's ED is to sell me a Tsumiki nendoroid, I would think they were quite successful. So why hasn't anyone made one yet??

This is the first episode of the show where both halves were devoted to the same story, the summer trip they all take. It's also the most cohesive episode of the bunch in terms of the story, such as it is in a show like this. Io jumping out of the train to be with Tsumiki was pretty awesome, though his level of dense is on the verge of Ichika-class and that is saying a LOT.

It feels like I'm reading School Days impressions.
School Days actually didn't sell that well.
School Days *3,531 (6) (TNK)
2007/09/26 *3,216 Vol. 1 Limited Edition (Two episodes up to Vol. 6)
2007/10/31 *3,398 Vol. 2 Limited Edition
2007/11/28 *3,555 Vol. 3 Limited Edition
2007/12/19 *3,027 Vol. 4 Limited Edition
2008/01/30 *3,373 Vol. 5 Limited Edition
2008/02/27 *4,616 Vol. 6 Limited Edition

wonzo

Banned
Acchi Kocchi 7:

If the goal of this show's ED is to sell me a Tsumiki nendoroid, I would think they were quite successful. So why hasn't anyone made one yet??.
the show selling like shit probably has something to do with that

better than the manabi line plus i can't image it had all that much of a budget
unless digital red ink costs a shitload of money dohohoho

Thats just dragonball only. I don't recall any anime that have characters resurrected from death.

Fake edit:
Ok I lied, Inuyasha and Guilty crown.

well... if Shaman King didn't go anime ending, the manga led to them getting a person that can pretty much cast 'revive'.

Which led to some pretty brutal and kinda disturbing moments.

Demon King Daimao ep 1
tumblr_m5sgysI3EJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Favorite va voicing a cool character, nice (greg a). Thanks to netflix can move it off my backlog. Kind of a crazy first episode, with Akuto who reminds me of Syaoran for some reason, saying the most hilarious things and having the most explosive mind blowing powers. I can't wait to see them grow even better. Three separate scenes of exposed boobs was awkward though...

sleepykyo

I guess I should elaborate. It's more like you're watching the shameless pandering and exploitation. And I'm grinning as I think about your reaction to the snake arc. Which is similar to all the people waiting to see what happens when viewers get to the later episodes of School Days.

1stStrike

Banned
Hmm, I've been watching a lot of anime with weak or non-existent story lines lately. Time to find something a bit longer that's heavily story/character centric and will draw me in.

*looks at his backlog and sees nothing of the sort*

FML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom