• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aquarion Evol 25

L8PAN.jpg

DCHJ6.jpg

PLEASE don't backtrack on this next episode.

I noticed something this episode. The way gattaing works in this makes it ideal as a JRPG. Then the 3 party member limit is actually justified. Hell, Amata chose a random ass party for the final boss here.

1 ep to go. Let's see how this all ends.

The nonbelievers will learn the error of their ways in time.
When hell freezes over.
Hater answer: because pretentious SHAFT trappings blahblahblahblah

Real answer: because awesome pretentious SHAFT trappings blahblahblahblah

I'm firmly in the pro-Bakemonogatari camp, but then again, I'm pretty pro-SHAFT in general and enjoy long, rambling dialogue.
iObNEmQHKVxtq.gif

I thought you were cool. *adds Mad Pierrot to the list*
Hating fanservice is like hating yourse-

Oh.

Well then, carry on.
She hates herself for liking it.
This makes the most sense.
The fanservice generally does nothing for me. The emotional manipulation is what offends me the most.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aquarion Evol 25

PLEASE don't backtrack on this next episode.

I noticed something this episode. The way gattaing works in this makes it ideal as a JRPG. Then the 3 party member limit is actually justified. Hell, Amata chose a random ass party for the final boss here.

1 ep to go. Let's see how this all ends.
What do those pictures even mean? lol

sleepykyo

Watched episode 10 of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Out of all of the otherworldly female x ordinary guy animes, this has to be the best. Mysterious Girlfriend X gets second place. And Sankarea gets a distant third due to poor cinematography and horrendous pacing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
fyi they're on the record stating that the anime will get its own original end
The only anime original end that really matters this season is Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. I like Mysterious Girlfriend X but the likelihood of its ending being definitive in any way is pretty low.

Watched episode 10 of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Out of all of the otherworldly female x ordinary guy animes, this has to be the best. Mysterious Girlfriend X gets second place. And Sankarea gets a distant third due to poor cinematography and horrendous pacing.

That's 100% correct!

Dat Yuuko!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The fanservice generally does nothing for me. The emotional manipulation is what offends me the most.

Fanservice is both tame compared to what one might be able to find online and so common that it's not even noticeable.

I'm now more likely to notice a lack of fanservice since it's so abundant, that it would be like a game without a 'Press Start to Play' screen.

Uchip

Banned
Fanservice is both tame compared to what one might be able to find online and so common that it's not even noticeable.

I'm now more likely to notice a lack of fanservice since it's so abundant, that it would be like a game without a 'Press Start to Play' screen.

so basically you're desensitized ?

Articalys

Phi Brain S2 11
Hey, remember when I said last week that this might be a Nonoha character development episode? Lol no, all she did is realize that she's the stock shounen series supporting female character whose only special skill is memorization and whose main role is to be moral support for everyone else.
Goddammit.

Next week is a Jikugawa episode, so hopefully that will be interesting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Isn't it self-explanatory?
That's the problem. This is anime, so it can mean anything.

I guess I should have explicitly stated this season. Though Sankarea being 3rd should have been a giveaway.
Ah, the other two aren't even in the same league if you're just looking at this season.

Speaking of which, the latest episode of Dusk Maiden was so needlessly classy and packed with visual metaphor (in lieu of "animation", which probably angers like half the people in here).

hXS31l.jpg

I mean, look at that. Yeah, it's so on the nose, but it still looks classy.

3pbOTl.png

Even the "Persona" ending was just gorgeous and packed with visual metaphor.

I'm glad that the Shaft-disease is spreading to the rest of the industry. I'd be cool if every other anime looked like this. lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Ah, the other two aren't even in the same league if you're just looking at this season.

Speaking of which, the latest episode of Dusk Maiden was so needlessly classy and packed with visual metaphor (in lieu of "animation", which probably angers like half the people in here).
They are doing a lot with very little. There is just a lot of visual diversity in shots. The overexaggerated animations of the girl in the scene with the stained glass was fairly bothersome though. It was like low tier stage acting suddenly showed up. All I can do when I see the moon is laugh now though.

I did not skew or alter this shot beyond the resize:
B2g8T.jpg

It means exactly what it says.

Dezaki did it first, and he's totally cool. A series of stills can be as visually captivating as good animation; it's all in how you deploy them.

I'm glad that the Shaft-disease is spreading to the rest of the industry. I'd be cool if every other anime looked like this. lol

I don't know if you can say a "Shaft-disease" is spreading just because an ex-Shaft guy is directing this.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
so basically you're desensitized ?
Anime needs to step its game up. Outrageously Astronomical Pirates delivered on the yuri which is more than I can say about 90% of anime that just teases it. Anime needs to step its game up in the servicing department.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It means exactly what it says.
That she turned into a guy?

Dezaki did it first, and he's totally cool. A series of stills can be as visually captivating as good animation; it's all in how you deploy them.
Based on Ace and Oniisama, he just does the freeze frame thing (and with Ace, montages). And it's not that these are stills, they're just super simple in animation terms. They're just using style to make up for the lack of animation.

Shaft shows, and Dusk Maiden as well, want you to be aware of the camera. Beyond the fairly pretty framing, this episode actually had split screen and a two-dimensional (or at least flat) 360 rotation. Heck, even the shadows had some meaning to the plot. It's a film-wank's dream show, because every frame packs some kind of visual metaphor waiting to be read.

I don't know if you can say a "Shaft-disease" is spreading just because an ex-Shaft guy is directing this.
It's at least geometric! This guy will presumably train a couple of younger guys and hopefully they borrow from him in their careers.

They are doing a lot with very little. There is just a lot of visual diversity in shots. The overexaggerated animations of the girl in the scene with the stained glass was fairly bothersome though. It was like low tier stage acting suddenly showed up. All I can do when I see the moon is laugh now though.

I did not skew or alter this shot beyond the resize:
http://i.imgur.com/B2g8T.jpg
That moon has meaning!
But yeah, when you look at something like Hyouka and comare it to Dusk Maiden, it's very clear which one has more animation. Dusk Maiden uses style to distract/hide from that... and yet, it is also using a strength of cartoons in that you can make the scene look like anything you want - and for a show about the supernatural, you have no real need to try to imbue your show with verisimilitude either.

Funny enough, thinking back on Natsu no Arashi, this feels like almost a natural extension of what the director could do. There seems to be a lot of lessons learned from doing that show at the very least (no attempt to try to do a long tracking shot that looks fairly ugly because of the low number of frames, for example).

Uchip

Banned
Anime needs to step its game up. Outrageously Astronomical Pirates delivered on the yuri which is more than I can say about 90% of anime that just teases it. Anime needs to step its game up in the servicing department.

would be better if they toned it down if anything
we dont need more blu ray advertisements and tacky fanservice in all of the shows
we have hentai for the perverted side of japanese animation!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
would be better if they toned it down if anything
we dont need more blu ray advertisements and tacky fanservice in all of the shows
we have hentai for the perverted side of japanese animation!

Japanese animation that isn't hentai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom