• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Nice; I can't say I have any familiarity with any of these series, but Magi seems like a better choice for that timeslot. I'm expecting A-1 at this point.

A-1 might be a little too busy at this point don't you think? They have Space Bros which is long running, they're producing both the Ao no Exorcist and Fairy Tail movies, they're doing Gyrozetter this Fall, and Sword Art Online this Summer (2 cour). They're also producing From the New World, and Vivid Red Operation, both are upcoming TV series with no release date yet, so they could be Fall/Winter as well.

A-1 might be a little too busy at this point don't you think? They have Space Bros which is long running, they're producing both the Ao no Exorcist and Fairy Tail movies, they're doing Gyrozetter this Fall, and Sword Art Online this Summer (2 cour). They're also producing From the New World, and Vivid Red Operation, both are upcoming TV series with no release date yet, so they could be Fall/Winter as well.

Is Space Bros confirmed as long running or just 50 eps + renewable? I'd think Fairy Tail, which really is long running, is keeping them more busy (though that's also Satelight, so maybe not).

I was more referring to the fact mangagaf latched onto it first, at least for a little while. It seems the fad is mostly over there, though.

It's not over at all. It's just been integrated into the fold while they find the next big thing.

duckroll

Is Space Bros confirmed as long running or just 50 eps + renewable? I'd think Fairy Tail, which really is long running, is keeping them more busy (though that's also Satelight, so maybe not).

You gotta understand, anything longer than 26 episodes is considered long running to most people. It also means that it will continue to run until next year, which would overlap with production of all the other shows anyway. The point is that they're already doing production for five TV series and 2 movies right now. That's... a lot!

This magical girl show that Toei is co-producing with the French studio Method Animation actually looks kind of cool.

tumblr_m5me3ajqeo1qbo867o1_500.jpg

Marinette Cheng, a shy high-school student, has inherited some magical ladybug-shaped earrings. The ornaments grant the power of Luck to whoever wears them. Yet there is one condition : they have to be worn in an altruistic manner, or else, beware of the consequences!

Whenever the situation needs it, Marinette turns into LADYBUG, the guardian angel.

Ladybug saves the World every night thanks to the power of Luck alongside her clingy ally, the Black Cat who has the opposite power. He needs a kiss from Ladybug to free him from his unlucky ring. Ladybug is the first character originated from the Quantic universe.

Some nice looking screens at the (shitty) official website.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I would really like to see a tv show where Femme and Cajun have to share an apartment for two months with only 1 tv.

Cajun would be fine because he has his computer's disc drive, so it would really just be Femmeworth in front of the TV all day watching Lifetime movies.

What about Envelope and cosmic?

You know, I heard that if two AnimeGAF members meet in real life, some mechanism inherent in the makeup of the universe causes them to nullify each others' existence. Let's not tempt fate.

Yeah, I had considered this. Not sure what other studio would be a likely candidate - I'd say Bones if they weren't doing Zetsuen. I guess we'll find out.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm finding each episode of Nichijou to be less and less humorous D: I had high hopes for this one, but by episode 7 or so it was already starting to fall flat with its jokes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You know, I heard that if two AnimeGAF members meet in real life, some mechanism inherent in the makeup of the universe causes them to nullify each others' existence. Let's not tempt fate.

Guess I shouldn't mention the LondonGAF meetup then.

I'm finding each episode of Nichijou to be less and less humorous D: I had high hopes for this one, but by episode 7 or so it was already starting to fall flat with its jokes.
Both Nichijou and Nichbros start well then go down hill and then creep up later on. Nichijou had the benefit of more episodes however. Gintama is still far more consistant.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This magical girl show that Toei is co-producing with the French studio Method Animation actually looks kind of cool.

Some nice looking screens at the (shitty) official website.

What are the odds of this being streamed legally by any site even though it's (I assume) only going to air in France? I'd very much like to give this series a try whenever it premieres.

Guess I shouldn't mention the LondonGAF meetup then.

Well, if you actually no longer exist, the Akarin avatar is surprisingly appropriate.

cajunator

Banned

cajunator

Banned
If its cheap, then just buy it. Unless you are trying to avoid the shame of having a record of purchasing this item.

n/m I just saw the price. FUCKING LOL.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Damn. And I laughed at KentPaul for buying £50 tshirts.

Was tempted to buy that glow in the dark Akari tshirt until I realised the best place to show it off would be a nighclub which would involve 1. Being in a nightclub 2.Wearing an anime tshirt in a nightclub.

Articalys

Apropos of nothing, here's how they split up the idols for the new upcoming Idolmaster PSP games:

- Chihaya, Haruka, Ritsuko, Azusa
- Yayoi, Hibiki, Iori, Ami/Mami
- Miki, Yukiho, Makoto, Takane

Kazzy

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 19

What? That was it? I guess I kept looking forward to some grand plan to break the cycle not something so simple. But, the ending part was still pretty good animation wise and the music was pretty nice.

I would say, I kinda got used to seeing all the events over and over again.

It's oddly comforting, in a macabre sort of way, which is kind of how I'd imagine drowning to be...

REDLINE

Glorious JP/Sonoshee master race.

I loved it. Animation's a big thing for my anime taste-buds, and this just screamed out to me with such sakuga passion, so much of the time (though it wasn't always polished, like with the Volton launch sequence). The main characters' motivations and personalities worked very well, as did the brief vignettes with the minors, used to pace the pre-REDLINE exposition appropriately. And, of course, the whole idea of ripping apart obligation for raw passion, a theme echoed throughout the film, was completely in-line, obligated even, to the whole style of the film itself. Really-great film, one that makes me wish Koike was better at managing his projects than he is at the moment (if Fujikoike is any sign of that).

Finally: what's the deal Femmeworth had with Sonoshee, again? She seemed to be a good female character, but I might have missed out on something, let alone that argumentation I ignored.

Finally: what's the deal Femmeworth had with Sonoshee, again? She seemed to be a good female character, but I might have missed out on something, let alone that argumentation I ignored.

If a female character has boobs bigger than an A cup, they must be fanservice characters and therefore sexist! That's all I was able to extract from it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
REDLINE

I loved it. Animation's a big thing for my anime taste-buds, and this just screamed out to me with such sakuga passion, so much of the time (though it wasn't always polished, like with the Volton launch sequence). The main characters' motivations and personalities worked very well, as did the brief vignettes with the minors, used to pace the pre-REDLINE exposition appropriately. And, of course, the whole idea of ripping apart obligation for raw passion, a theme echoed throughout the film, was completely in-line, obligated even, to the whole style of the film itself. Really-great film, one that makes me wish Koike was better at managing his projects than he is at the moment (if Fujikoike is any sign of that).

Femmeworth dislikes it because WEAK WOMAN SAVED BY MAN.

duckroll

REDLINE

Fujiko isn't much of a Koike project. But that aside, he's a terrible manager of time anyway. Redline took 7 years to make. :p

Only Go Soccer skits and the one with the people who have the numbered hats continued to deliver laughs, most other skits (85%) just fell flat with me, oh and Mio's always delivered.

Fujiko isn't much of a Koike project. But that aside, he's a terrible manager of time anyway. Redline took 7 years to make. :p
I'm not sure if it's that simple to blame it on him for REDLINE (though you can source me some analyses/links to make that case). But Fujikoike's not one of his better moments, no.

If a female character has boobs bigger than an A cup, they must be fanservice characters and therefore sexist! That's all I was able to extract from it.
lol okay

Femmeworth dislikes it because WEAK WOMAN SAVED BY MAN.
That's true. But then it's the difference between making a decision based on one's passion, not necessarily one's obligation and prejudice, and simply sucking up to JP. I don't perceive said scene as the latter, because I just don't think that was KoikeIshii's main intention when doing that post-Funky Boy sequence. It doesn't feel patriarchal, considering that JP's been subordinated himself. But Sonoshee's desperate to realize a dream that she realizes JP shares as well. It's balls-out from there.

I can sort of see how much work it would take to make something like REDLINE so polished, for the most part anyway. But it's different with TV anime, different to the extent that, if there's anyone to blame for holding back production for quality and consistency, the onus is going to be on the animation director. Everything seemed well-prepared in REDLINE, outside of that one scene.

Even then, though, I think the key animators and in-betweeners working on Fujikoike weren't as good as they woulda-shoulda-coulda have been, too. Koike knows how to move his character designs around very well, but not everyone else does. And it shows—so, really, the show producers could have put the whole team effort together much better than it is.

1stStrike

Banned
steins_gatetqm0w.jpg

On episode 6 and we're finally starting to get somewhere. I'm finally getting used to how bizarre the MC is in this anime, but I wish I knew why he's the way he is.

duckroll

I can sort of see how much work it would take to make something like REDLINE so polished, for the most part anyway. But it's different with TV anime, different to the extent that, if there's anyone to blame for holding back production for quality, the onus is going to be on the animation director. Everything seemed well-prepared in REDLINE, outside of that one scene.

There is so much wrong in this statement I don't know where to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom