• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
A-Channel 2

"We figured we'd try using the heater to dry our clothes."

uySEt.png

14 seconds later...something's not right:

o1iGh.png

NicoNico comments:
"lol, the AC unit"
"Hey, wait a minute"
"It teleported"
"lol'd at the AC position"
"I knew that thing moved"
"It's one of those models that moves"
"whoa I didn't notice when I watched it on TV"
not pictured:
"Maybe it's the window that moved"
"What? The AC units in you guys' houses don't move??"

Oh damn. thats pretty bad.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A-Channel 2

http://i.imgur.com/uySEt.png

http://i.imgur.com/o1iGh.png

NicoNico comments:
"lol, the AC unit"
"Hey, wait a minute"
"It teleported"
not pictured:

Even anime needs continuity directors!

Dresden

A-Channel 2

NicoNico comments:
"lol, the AC unit"
"Hey, wait a minute"
"It teleported"
not pictured:

Maybe the staff were hinting that . . . all is not as it seems in A-Channel.

Maybe the first shot is of when they're dreaming of drying their clothes.

And the second is when they go into a dream of dream of drying their clothes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe the staff were hinting that . . . all is not as it seems in A-Channel.

Maybe the first shot is of when they're dreaming of drying their clothes.

And the second is when they go into a dream of dream of drying their clothes.

INDOCTRINATED

BWAAAAAH!!!!!!

A-Channel 2

uySEt.png

o1iGh.png

NicoNico comments:
"lol, the AC unit"
"Hey, wait a minute"
"It teleported"
not pictured:

I guess the people drawing the show were as bored as most people watching that thing are...

My dad grew up seeing that repugnance on his TV set back in the '70s, and he entreated me to some Pufnstuf and a lot of Bugaloos once I hit age 10. Now that I reflect upon that stuff—well, could have been worse.

Maybe not.

Jex

Armored Trooper Votoms - 01

That was fun; a world was set up, the lead was introduced, and there was a betrayal, an interrogation, and an escape scene all in the space of one episode. Can't complain at this ratio of badassery displayed by Chirico.

Really like the retro-mechanical display of the future, as well. It's grungy but has its charms.
armored trooper votoms - 02

As anachronistic as the space-age biker slavers seemed, in all their 80's technicolor glory, this was yet another great episode. Loved the chase at the end with all the mechanical animation and the surfeit of explosions; Votoms certainly hasn't let up on the action. The way the show utilizes harsh lighting is very appealing as well; there's always a striking contrast between the light and dark.

And Chirico suffers yet again in this episode. Dude is made of rock.
This is going to sound really weird but Dresden you absolutely must watch the next episode previews for Votoms, they're the most charming part of the show. If you didn't watch it for the first episode you should go and do it right now!

This is going to sound really weird but Dresden you absolutely must watch the next episode previews for Votoms, they're the most charming part of the show. If you didn't watch it for the first episode you should go and do it right now!
Green Jacket Lupin, starting with the Miyahata episodes, has a bunch of funny, cute lil' episode previews that are much better than the Osumi previews. Shame, really, that the Miyahata stuff itself was more up-and-down!

Narag

Hmm, don't remember these. I should dig out the dvds.

Jex

Sexy sultry hair-down Gilgamesh > spiky haired douchearmor Gilgamesh

When Gilgamesh is rolling around talking some smack he needs the douchehair, it's part of the persona.

Now, when he's reclining with some wine that's a different thing entirely.

Dresden

I've actually just skipped the previews, but if you say so.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 19
What? That was it? I guess I kept looking forward to some grand plan to break the cycle not something so simple. But, the ending part was still pretty good animation wise and the music was pretty nice.

I would say, I kinda got used to seeing all the events over and over again.

Jex

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 19

What? That was it? I guess I kept looking forward to some grand plan to break the cycle not something so simple. But, the ending part was still pretty good animation wise and the music was pretty nice.

I would say, I kinda got used to seeing all the events over and over again.

Stockholm syndrome.

Zetman 12

Holy shit! I'm speechless! Craziest episode yet that has no qualms about making a mockery of the source material, yet becomes better for it! When things are completely original, the fast pacing is actually really damn good.

They really put a ton of work into this episode. One of the best uses of the background I've seen in a while. So much was going on and it felt like more was happening than in most wars in anime. The skirmishes in the background while Jin was yelling was seriously perfect.

But man, they really did a lot of stuff the manga hasn't gotten close to touching (or wouldn't touch, period).
Haitani's Player form, Hanako being a Player, Kouga's "justice" being even more extreme to the point he'll shoot his parents;
all very cool stuff. This is an interpretation of the source material I can get behind. Maybe the original conclusion won't be so bad after all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kind of glad I wasn't that much into anime when Endless Eight was being broadcast. Having to watch that for eight weeks would have been nightmarish. Stil when I got round to watching it I wasn't even aware of what to expect. Though afterwards I did come to understand why S2 was rated lower than S1.

Zetman 12

But man, they really did a lot of stuff the manga hasn't gotten close to touching (or wouldn't touch, period).
Kouga's "justice" being even more extreme to the point he'll shoot his parents;
all very cool stuff. This is an interpretation of the source material I can get behind. Maybe the original conclusion won't be so bad after all.

It worked in making him an even more terrible character that I just cant get behind. But yeah the episode was really aweosme.

duckroll

pBZbm.jpg

Oooooh boy. We might all be wrong about Zetsuen and Code;Breaker being contenders to take over Gundam AGE's slot. The Magi comment there says "Be sure to watch this week's Gundam AGE on the 24th!"

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
pBZbm.jpg

Oooooh boy. We might all be wrong about Zetsuen and Code;Breaker being contenders to take over Gundam AGE's slot. The Magi comment there says "Be sure to watch this week's Gundam AGE on the 24th!"

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED!

There's just no way.

Jex

Kind of glad I wasn't that much into anime when Endless Eight was being broadcast. Having to watch that for eight weeks would have been nightmarish. Stil when I got round to watching it I wasn't even aware of what to expect. Though afterwards I did come to understand why S2 was rated lower than S1.

But that was the best part. Heck, nobody even knew how long it was going to last. Truly an amazing experience.

ZetaEpyon

But that was the best part. Heck, nobody even knew how long it was going to last. Truly an amazing experience.

I think everyone knew exactly how long it was going to last, but held on to the slimmest of hopes that they wouldn't really do something like that. It was certainly an experience, but that didn't make it enjoyable by any means. The effect would have been just as good if they only did 3-4 eps, because after that, you pretty much knew what was going on, and knew you were just one week closer to the end.

Jex

I think everyone knew exactly how long it was going to last, but held on to the slimmest of hopes that they wouldn't really do something like that. It was certainly an experience, but that didn't make it enjoyable by any means.
That's not how I remember it! Not that I am going to go and dig up those threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom