• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Working team to do SAO? It's Shingo Adachi, after all. The IM@S team is probably working on the Takamura show; they're both produced by Hironori Toba...

duckroll

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Working team to do SAO? It's Shingo Adachi, after all. The IM@S team is probably working on the Takamura show; they're both produced by Hironori Toba...

But that's an Aniplex producer, so I don't think he's really linked to running a specific A-1 Pictures studio. Does A-1 Pictures even have the sort of studio structure we're actually familiar with? I'm under the impression that they just put each production together on a contract basis with an Aniplex producer in charge. Sort of boutique ad-hoc deals. They have a lot of money it seems, and they run the studio in two locations, they own one entire building, and the entire third floor of another building, so they can expand to as many productions as space and money permits...

/XX/

Oh, and the English 'Information' page of their website still shows (wrongly) Ogikubo Studio as one of their actual locations (http://www.a1p.jp/company/e_information.html).

Also add the work they have to do for those new THE IDOLM@STER games, right? Although it could be that this was already finished, and certainly it isn't much to do as a whole.

Ultimadrago

Indeed.

IGLJz.png

Wonderful.

How did I forget Jintor? :(

I want to say that someone jokingly called this a while back, but I can't put my finger on a name...

Who didn't consider those hearts to be some kind of contagious bug?

akb 09

Looks like the paperwork for more akb songs passed through. Eps felt like a midseason finale though. 10 is next week right?

Grzi

Wandering Son is so good.
I'll post about it some more when I get back from the beach, just had to mention how much I'm enjoying it.

survivor

Banned
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 12

Oh come on
you had the perfect parting and the music played during that part was amazing, but then you ignore all of that and have Yuuko come back. I'm still undecided if it was a good decision or not. For me it ruined a good scene, but on the other hand I do like happy endings.

Also now that I think about it, isn't their relationship doomed? She still can't leave the school grounds so at one point they gonna have to part ways. Unless of course, Teiichi comes back to the school as a teacher.

Having no experience with the manga, this show definitely exceeded my expectations. I had some problems with the way characters acted and the writing, but overall it didn't ruin the show. I did enjoy the visual style they went with. Maybe it was aimless and random at some points but it made the show more memorable.

Naruto Road to Ninja trailer 2

Oh man, is that Sasuke showing a romantic interest in someone not named Naruto?

This is probably the only Naruto movie I will watch only due to the personality changes.

tumblr_m65o6uW9LZ1qjrh19o2_500.png

Wow thanks for the link, Sasuke is pretty impressive but then with the worthless deadweight herself!?! That ruins everything. This must obviously not be written by the staff of the anime nor Kishimoto himself, its like some terrible fanfic or hopefully some weird AU that is just a new sharingan technique. This better not become canon or else!!! I miss it when Sasuke was like

tumblr_m66am9DCIt1rshr81o1_500.gif

Ultimadrago

AKB0048 8

Scrubs.

Yeah
Kanata
, rub your existence in Takamina's face! Rub it in real nicely.

Some people get salty, etc, etc

Wait a second...not counting the 3D dancers, where's the cream-filling "crazy"?!

*Mech battle*

Now that's the stuff, Hostess.

shoplifter

Oh come on
you had the perfect parting and the music played during that part was amazing, but then you ignore all of that and have Yuuko come back. I'm still undecided if it was a good decision or not. For me it ruined a good scene, but on the other hand I do like happy endings.

Also now that I think about it, isn't their relationship doomed? She still can't leave the school grounds so at one point they gonna have to part ways. Unless of course, Teiichi comes back to the school as a teacher.

I'm going on the idea that
her regret around her death (which kept her from leaving the school) has now been resolved, her new 'regret' is tied to Teiichi, thus allowing her to leave the school with him.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Oh come on

Having no experience with the manga, this show definitely exceeded my expectations. I had some problems with the way characters acted and the writing, but overall it didn't ruin the show. I did enjoy the visual style they went with. Maybe it was aimless and random at some points but it made the show more memorable.

Anime needs a happy ending once in a while. Even if it feels wrong.

Oh shit Hinata had Naruto by his collar! And she looked pissed!

Swooooooon

She's so sexy with dem Byakugan marks.

Ultimadrago

AKB0048 9

As does any good AKB fan.

On the episode, the OT title is sung again, as with all the best AKB episodes.

X6EOh.png

"These demons, I've fought them for a good chunk of my cumbersome life. No matter how many times I pray for them to leave, while in the blistering cold for four hours, they just say "No." I have a family to feed, children to get educated. They deserve better than me...better than this. Playing hide-and-go-seek with a bunch of brats was not even a remnant of my ideal contribution in law enforcement... I'm sick of my management, tired to hell of these "idols" and just want to take one's head on a platter. Haha, just kidding...or am I? You see? This job has made me sick in the head. Never before have I wanted children dead so badly I could just...just strangle each of them, ya know? My wife thinks it's funny, but it's anything but. In fact, it's exhausting, humiliating and a miserable use of perfectly good military resources. Entertainment? Hah. A broad term, that one. Video games, board games, fashion shows, sex, booze, anything else. These people restrict themselves by solely depending on colorful females jumping around the place in order for a good dopamine boost. I mean the music isn't even that good...in fact, it sucks...Fuck my job."

Ginga kickoff 11

A bunch of derp faces, but some really nicely animated footie. Might be the subs, but that ref did come off as a bit of an asshole.

Gentlemen... someone needs to shop Layton's hat on him ;)

Genshiken 5
4f7bj.png

...so does that mean she'd have sex with her?
So the club is in danger of being disbanded, so it's up to the girls to save Genshiken? I get Ohno, but Kasukabe too? Apparently the Manga club sucks so she doesn't want her boyfriend joining that club. In the end with the power of sex appeal and a bit of blackmailing, they get to stay as a club. And at the very end Kasukabe gets blackmailed herself into officially joining Genshiken. I'm not sure what she did in the club room that would be incriminating, but I have my theories.
Fun stuff.
pxyL5.png

Can I watch this anime?

survivor

Banned
Dusk Maiden 12 spoilers
I'm going on the idea that
her regret around her death (which kept her from leaving the school) has now been resolved, her new 'regret' is tied to Teiichi, thus allowing her to leave the school with him.

Didn't know about the regret part making her stay. Always thought that cause she died at the school grounds, that's where she is restricted. Seeing how they went out of their way for a happy ending, your idea is probably right since that will work out better in the end for them.

1stStrike

Banned
I just realized that I was very close to becoming a hikkimori. If it wasn't for family events and stuff like being forced to go to jury duty today (which they gave me the boot from thank god) I wouldn't have any reason to go anywhere.

Ultimadrago

I just realized that I was very close to becoming a hikkimori. If it wasn't for family events and stuff like being forced to go to jury duty today (which they gave me the boot from thank god) I wouldn't have any reason to go anywhere.

No grocery shopping? Eating out? "That one friend's friend's" birthday bash?

shoplifter

Dusk Maiden 12 spoilers

Didn't know about the regret part making her stay. Always thought that cause she died at the school grounds, that's where she is restricted. Seeing how they went out of their way for a happy ending, your idea is probably right since that will work out better in the end for them.

I don't know that its the 'regret' part that tied her to the school - but I'd argue that she's probably free of being tied to the school either way.

survivor

Banned
Cromartie High School 1

There is some potential for this to be a very good comedy anime. They definitely got the face reactions right. I'm not feeling the characters right now but seeing how the first episode was only 10 minutes, they probably will grow on me later on.

1stStrike

Banned
No grocery shopping? Eating out? "That one friend's friend's" birthday bash?

Everything and anything, including food, can be delivered to you in this day and age. I order everything online. I don't ever eat out. Now and then I might order something for delivery, but not often.

Oh, and IRL friends are not something I have. I was in the military for 6 years so I lost touch with everyone here. Came back and they were all exactly as I left them in highschool, except now they all smoked weed. I tried to hang out with them a few times, but we'd just drifted apart too much.

I ended up moving up to a quiet town on a small island in upstate, NY and I just keep to myself. I'm not socially awkward - I can chat with people just fine when I am out (I'm going to my mother's to hook up her computer soon since she's useless with them), but I'm mostly withdrawn from society.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Straight lines? Man you can't expect anyone to draw something that difficult! Also, whoever doesn t find at least 20 errors in that picture is blind. This is clearly supposed to be a DERPbulance!

Straight lines where they shouldn't be is only one out of a few dozen problems with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom