• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Space Brothers 10

I'm disappointed that
we didn't actually get to see Mutta and Serika have their 10 minutes talk. Outside of that solid episode and I enjoyed the test.

Space Brothers 11

Man Team A is so broken. Team B is average with only 2 notable characters and lol Team C is such a joke.

About halfway in the episode, I finally realized they most likely used the results of the survey and the icebreaker thing they did to construct the teams. I don't like the whole only two members per team make it out since I want everyone from Team A to make the cut with the exception of the old guy.

Now that we got into the real test and the series progressed a lot, it's almost funny how it outclasses something like ST&RS. I know maybe the comparison isn't fair but Space Brothers is making the exam arc very interesting while keeping it rooted to reality. While ST&RS on the other hand with all its superpowers and shounen power, ended up being very dull.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 12 -END-

z5FHg.jpg

Whatever.

Jex

Did you really want some scientific explanation for how their saliva bond works? Attempting to make sense of that would just be time wasted calling attention to how ridiculous it is.

It is explained though, in as much as that's just how drool appears to work in the MGX universe. I assumed it was just some unique property of Urabe's saliva earlier on but we've seen it with others.

That's good enough for me.
Honestly, I'm not really sure I'm invested enough to care. Either way, as it is presented in the anime, it just feels like a gimmick that goes absolutely nowhere. Certainly they could have went more disgusting and made it another bodily fluid and nothing probably would have changed (except that it probably would have been banned at that point :p).

Actually, based on the frequency at which characters invade each others privacy by checking their saliva, sometimes forcefully, it really wouldn't work any other way.

Jex

They should make an anime based off of EVE, now there's a source of intrigue and drama.

An anime based on EVE would presumably less interesting than what actually happens in-game though. I feel that, outside of long-form articles, a documentary would be the best way to experience the more interesting parts of EVE.

Jex

It's really unfortunate there will never, ever be more Soredemo. At least it ended on pretty much a perfect note.

I can't think of a time where a SHAFT sequel has exceeded the quality of the original work so perhaps it's for the best. After all, as long as there's some SHAFT staff left around who aren't being roped into making an endless stream of -monogatari works then there's always the potential that they'll do something great like Soredemo again.

Branduil

I feel like I am going to need to either block these posts or learn to skip pas them somehow. Every time I glance at them I feel a part of my soul shrivel up and die.

That's nothing that wasn't in the original Star Wars film. Well, except the part where Leia didn't look like an underaged girl.

Whenever I see an image of Shirou I can't help but imagine how much better the image would be with Kiritsugu there instead. I can only imagine this compulsion becomes much worse when you actually watch it.

Jex

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 12

Having no experience with the manga, this show definitely exceeded my expectations. I had some problems with the way characters acted and the writing, but overall it didn't ruin the show. I did enjoy the visual style they went with. Maybe it was aimless and random at some points but it made the show more memorable.

The show does have some awkward structural problems, like the bizarre first episode, but I don't think that it's aimless as such. Most of the episodes which don't progress the core mystery flesh out the main and supporting characters, so they do serve a purpose.

Narag

Fate/Stay Night 11

Holy shit, a good action packed episode albeit a poorly animated one. Interesting to see the circuit stock footage is actually going someplace.
Shinji Matou is a weird one. The show is pretty successful at making him unlikeable as the flashback in the classroom was infuriating. I was thinking today it's no mistake the misogynist summoned the equivalent of a big titted fucktoy for a servant. There's been something subtle about her that manifests into resentment towards Shinji and respect towards Shirou. I'm actually curious as to how her arc will resolve more than the main characters. I'm predicting sadly.

Shirou manning the fuck up.

And to balance this I present Saber running like a dork.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I can't see any reason to finish Lupin unless the finale delivers. Just wait and see!

Is it even possible for the finale to deliver at this point? From the looks of things, the past few episodes would kind of need to not exist for that to happen.

You can probably skip to the last new episode of Shining Hearts and not even miss a thing!

But that's the fun thing about the show! It tricks you every week into making it seem like it's going to stop being episodic and then springs a totally unrelated storyline on you the next week.

But the journey of Rick finding himself is vital to truly appreciating his bread and the plot.

DTL, I'm so glad that you're part of our community. Never leave, and most certainly never change.

Narag

That's nothing that wasn't in the original Star Wars film. Well, except the part where Leia didn't look like an underaged girl.

Whenever I see an image of Shirou I can't help but imagine how much better the image would be with Kiritsugu there instead. I can only imagine this compulsion becomes much worse when you actually watch it.

Seeing Kiritsugu running from a naked Saber would be a low moment. I don't even think Shirou's the problem so much it is there's a lack of gravitas in regard to the Holy Grail stuff. It's a game among high schoolers so far rather than the most important event in their lives.

Jex

Shiawasette Naani

shiawasettenaani.jpg
shiawasettenaania.jpg
shiawasettenaanib.jpg

Not even the language barrier could stop this KyoAni x Happy Science masterpiece from teaching us valuable lessons about the truth.

The visual language of film should always be able to tell the story regardless of whether or not you understand what people are saying.

Jex

Seeing Kiritsugu running from a naked Saber would be a low moment. I don't even think Shirou's the problem so much it is there's a lack of gravitas in regard to the Holy Grail stuff. It's a game among high schoolers so far rather than the most important event in their lives.

It's like you're so far gone that you don't even mention the appalling art.

Soma

there's more to that but it's a bit NSFW

Jex

Anime needs a happy ending once in a while. Even if it feels wrong.

Once you
allow happy endings to happen in anime you're opening the door for all kinds of trouble. Next thing you know, people will be marrying ghosts and THEN where will we be?

Steroyd

One thing that I don't get about that shows ghost-rules - when Yuko puts on some clothes that she finds, how do they become invisible? Surely they should just be floating in the air?

It's been established that they see whatever they imagine that they see when Yuuko is there, as the haunted house further established, as to why the only two people who see Yuuko as she is in clothes she puts on is another matter.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
AKB0048 ep 7
bIlRo.jpg

Screenshots that can be taken out of context are always fun

Nooooooooooooooooooooo
Takamine :( The mythology for this show is amazing, really.
Not a single episode so far has failed to entertain.

Jex

It's been established that they see whatever they imagine that they see when Yuuko is there, as the haunted house further established, as to why the only two people who see Yuuko as she is in clothes she puts on is another matter.

I get that and it makes sense. Yukko is a ghost, a spiritual being, so I can understand that. I don't see how she can suddenly turn real objects invisible. Heck, they even showed during basketball that when she interacts with a physical object that object simply appears to normal people as a magical floating object.

I suppose I know what the real answer is anyway - fanservice.

Branduil

Well, my point was that Kiritsugu would act in a less ridiculous way than Shirou does in those pictures.

And yes the high school harem thing is exactly why I'm forced to imagine even a Ufotable adaptation being a complete letdown.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Like, I know that I watched Fate/Stay Night years ago, but I don't remember anything that I'm seeing in the screens that people are posting. I suppose that I should consider myself fortunate for this.

I'll still rewatch it eventually

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Like, I know that I watched Fate/Stay Night years ago, but I don't remember anything that I'm seeing in the screens that people are posting. I suppose that I should consider myself fortunate for this.

I'll still rewatch it eventually

Why?

You could watch something good instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom