• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Ace o Nerae 13-17

Coachie knows the ultimate power of yuri teamwork...but has Hiromi practice for hours (and take multiple balls to the face and body) anyways even though it does nothing towards her progress as a competitive player.

The man's a boss!

cajunator

Banned
OH SHIT

sH5O8.jpg

The Tower of Druaga ~Aegis of Uruk~ 01 B
Dance with Aliens.
So, the "real" first episode or the non super funny one. I assume this is kinda what the show will be instead of forever parodies and it wasn't that bad. I am liking all the fantasy RPG stuff that's happening, there doesn't seem to be too much drama and it is nice to see Jil living out his dream while shit is happening all around him.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 3
This episode took itself far less seriously than the last one. Not that the other one did much either, but that's what I like about this show. Pervert girl is great.
I've been meaning to say that I find the OST for this to be great. Reminds me of Paper Mario.

Narag

Man, I need to get back to Nyaruko. The strange dreams that plagued me stopped when I forgot to keep up with it and I fear it isn't coincidence.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Remember those demons, who were apparently a constant threat, in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san episode one. Yeah...

Remember those demons, who were apparently a constant threat, in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san episode one. Yeah...

Dude, She took care of that problem by the end of episode 2. Their are more pressing matters, like making babies with each other and stuff.

Eureka Seven Ep. 50

"Not all beings can remain in this land. Half of them will depart with us. ... If this world evolves for the better and two are able to become one, we will show ourselves before you once more." - Nirvash

"From here on, with you in one universe and us in a separate one, we shall seek a way for scub coral and humans to coexist. There's no reason that there cannot be more than one path of evolution." - Gonzy

So the Earth was split, both in terms of land and population, with half going to the other universe. AO must take place in the other universe, especially since Ao has the Nirvash. Crazy stuff.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Legend of the Galactic Heroes] 028-030

Lots of words, can't hate. Phezzan is finally getting into the forefront of the story and lots of build-up towards a new Reinhard vs Yang confrontation. I particularly liked the little story bits with Lohengramm's lackeys, from them broing it up while murdering people to their different approaches to women. You can already tell which one of them will die first. :X

And now my current season backlog is starting to pile up like crazy. Why are you so good, LotGH?

Queen's Blade S2 2
ercif.jpg

TENTACLES!
And the Queen's Blade finally begins. Tomoe's first match is with Melpha, who has a very interesting fighting style, but it's ultimately Tomoe who wins. This episode also establishes Nyx, a character that wasn't even in the last season who was a former servant of Elina, but now serves some tentacle demon who rapes her every time she steps out of line. It's rather cruel. The next episode starts off with a battle between Nyx and Elina, so it should be fun.

Well I'll send them a box of lego if they want to make babies.

Kazzy

Fujiko Mine 8

Okay, this was much better and its nice to see that some narrative hooks are starting to take hold, even if they are tentative. I'm fairly interested to see how it plays out now, even if it isn't the most cryptic of mysteries.

You said it. This episode was much better than the previous one just for the fact it featured most of the cast, and therefore didn't rest entirely on Fujiko, who is still not all that interesting when given the focus.

wonzo

Banned
Jormungand 8

jormungand8.jpg

hmm, i sure would like to visit Middle Eastern Country A and European Country B one of these days.

Even if the OP still makes me want to stab my eardrums, I actually kinda enjoyed this episode. I think the lack of action sequences actually helped in that regard as this show has proven again and again that it completely and utterly fails at adding any sense of weight or tension to them.

jormungand8a.jpg
jormungand8b.jpg
jormungand8c.jpg
jormungand8d.jpg

lesbians~

wonzo

Banned
It's the latter, it's Anime's "Somewhere in the middle East..."
The weirdest thing about it is that they're more than happy to name drop America, Germany, Spain, Italy and Russia and yet they can't even pull the name of a minor European and/or Middle Eastern country out of their arse. Can anyone who's read the manga please comment on whether or not this was also the case in the original work?

Kazzy

The weirdest thing about it is that they're more than happy to name drop America, Germany, Spain, Italy and Russia and yet they can't even pull the name of a minor European and/pr Middle Eastern country out of their arse.

I can understand that its a relatively touchy subject to broach, although I can abide this hilarious alternative!

We don't like to talk about those round here. It's been an issue before iirc.

Noted. I should have seen that coming. Silly me.

/XX/

The weirdest thing about it is that they're more than happy to name drop America, Germany, Spain, Italy and Russia and yet they can't even pull the name of a minor European and/pr Middle Eastern country out of their arse. Can anyone who's read the manga please comment on whether or not this was also the case in the original work?
For the most part it is exactly the same, pretty specific with some locations but only leaves vague references to others. I don't know the reasons, though.

I wonder if the Japanese even care for world geography these days. Knowing how crooked their schooling system is, they'd probably still think, to some extent, that existence revolves around them
and America, sugoi
!

Reknoc

I'm not so sure there was even a locked ruleset when that arc happened in the manga. I doubt Takahashi could have predicted him screwing around with a children's supernatural card game would turn into a humongous franchise with an actual TCG.

Yea. The whole main series was pretty loose with the game because it was Takahashi's game to do what he pleased with and make it work however he wanted a fight to end.

It's not until after that, with GX, that the series tries to stick close to the card game. Since at that point its nothing more than an advertisement for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom