• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

Yq9pTl5h.png
[/URL]

An ass screen sounds very interesting. Looking forward to seeing how it handles email.

They stopped with stretch goals, but every few millions they generally talk were they want to expand or what are they doing with money, like recently they opened studio in Frankfurt focused on rendering technology and CryEngine enhancements.

Wait, wait. This happened? Can I get a link to some details, this is a little tough to google.

Interesting, because it feels as if Crytek has been slacking lately.

FACE

Banned

KKRT00

Yup, we still haven't reached Babylon 5 CGI levels.

XS5LK.gif

---------

This looks really cool.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

---

No Frankfurt studio in monthly report was slightly disappointing :(

---

Wait, wait. This happened? Can I get a link to some details, this is a little tough to google.

Interesting, because it feels as if Crytek has been slacking lately.
Chris talked about it few times in 10 for the Chairman videos, like the last one where he talks that most of the engineers in Frankfurt studio are previous Crytek employees, and in some of the news, but dont remember which.
http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/3/2/8131661/star-citizen-chris-roberts-interview

FACE

Banned
Have they said anything about modding after the campaign ended? If I recall correctly it was one of the stretch goals.

MrBig

Indeed, but have they said anything about it since? Considering all the crazy tech stuff they're doing this game having robust mod tools would be amazing.

It is cryengine based, so of course there will be plenty of robust tools, but the particularities of it all would depend on the details of the engine licensing.

I wonder if we should create another thread about that, since this thread is about the dogfighting module....

I think so, but we should wait until it's released, or at least available in PTU so OP can be full of relevant information.

Also, FPS module live demo happening now!

glaurung

The coolest section of that Scale Issues slide for is the bit on the far right. A section of two ships titled Alien.

Does this mean that this game will have some alien encounters? If yes, sign me up. My problem with EVE Online always was that the game had almost no high concept alien designs or items. I know it had some, but I did not consider those alien at all.

Geist-

Wow, completely based on Ender's Game. First team through the gate and everything.

Which is completely fucking awesome. Can't wait to try it.

The coolest section of that Scale Issues slide for is the bit on the far right. A section of two ships titled Alien.

Does this mean that this game will have some alien encounters? If yes, sign me up. My problem with EVE Online always was that the game had almost no high concept alien designs or items. I know it had some, but I did not consider those alien at all.

The entire single player campaign takes place in the military, where the entire premise is fighting aliens. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom