• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

Gave a friend my LX and he paid the difference towards a Super Hornet upgrade for me as a birthday present.

Now to wait in anticipation of actually being able to see it in my hangar :p

Going to pick up a Freelancer package at some point before the LTI cutoff, and then I'm done.

Keric

I'm so conflicted on what to get. The field of view in the Hornet is very obstructed. Compared to the Avenger and 300i, which are godly

I just want a well-equipped dog fighting ship with LTI. Just something I can jump in and fight some gate campers with; and not care if I'm blown to smithereens. Somebody help me out here. November 4th is fast approaching.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
I'm so conflicted on what to get. The field of view in the Hornet is very obstructed. Compared to the Avenger and 300i, which are godly

I just want a well-equipped dog fighting ship with LTI. Just something I can jump in and fight some gate campers with; and not care if I'm blown to smithereens. Somebody help me out here. November 4th is fast approaching.

sounds like you answered your own question, keep the 325a LTI

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
sounds like you answered your own question, keep the 325a LTI

All I want from this game is a friend with an Idris or bigger. Imagining me flying towards them with my sweet little 325A, flying into their hangar and then hanging out for a friendly chat in this huge ship is giving me goosebumps.

XEROWUN

Neo Member

All I want from this game is a friend with an Idris or bigger. Imagining me flying towards them with my sweet little 325A, flying into their hangar and then hanging out for a friendly chat in this huge ship is giving me goosebumps.

how many idris' have been sold already?

And then using the Idris to deploy into a battle.

Mindlog

Starfarers. Hrm. I wasn't big on them before. I typically don't do industrial work in these types of games. It's big though. It's really big. Perfect ship for Operation Clusterfrack. I've managed to talk myself out of a Super Hornet. Battle Lancer, M50 and Starfarer sounds like a well balanced personal fleet. This doesn't count other accounts or Constellaitons...
1bqfyLf.png

The shop is open for business! I will once again be melting down my own packages to make flipping faster. Already burned my Freelancer down yesterday to get someone a hornet package.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I've still got my Starfarer and the 350R on one account, then another account with the cheapo digital mercenary pack in case there are any benefits to multiboxing (maybe watching markets or something, or reputation stuff if the characters aren't 100% separate).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Daedardus

I'm starting to wonder how useful the Hornet Tracker could be as a dedicated exploration ship. The main thing holding it back seems to be a lack of cargo space. The brochure mentions there will be a Class 4 cargo pack available, but it also says that's where the scanner pack is installed. Otherwise it would be a great addition to my exploration vessels.

I'm starting to wonder how useful the Hornet Tracker could be as a dedicated exploration ship. The main thing holding it back seems to be a lack of cargo space. The brochure mentions there will be a Class 4 cargo pack available, but it also says that's where the scanner pack is installed. Otherwise it would be a great addition to my exploration vessels.

It seems to me like its strength is more as a complimentary exploration ship - it has really good scanners but, as you say, no cargo hold, so as a dedicated solo explorer probably not... but with a Freelancer friend along for the ride it would be very effective.

Daedardus

It seems to me like its strength is more as a complimentary exploration ship - it has really good scanners but, as you say, no cargo hold, so as a dedicated solo explorer probably not... but with a Freelancer friend along for the ride it would be very effective.

Yeah, it won't be a very good stand-alone exploration vessel. You'd need to swap in a long range TR4 engine, a more efficient power plant and maybe even a tractor beam.

I think I'll stick to my 315p for the smaller exploring.

nubbe

Hadn't visited the Star Citizen page for a year.

Originally had the Bounty Hunter pack

But thanks to the Hangar trail I now have the Rear Admiral pack, the 325a and Avenger

Great that they let you exchange and get LTI on extra ships

I wouldn't be surprised if this hits $40 mil next year.

For the thread: The $28 million stretch goal is an alternative starter ship called the Mustang.

MrBig

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13358-Letter-From-The-Chairman-26-Million
In honor of this goal, I’d like to share the very first in-engine shots of the Idris corvette’s interior, showing the hangar bay and engine room. The design team is very eager to get to work on expanding capital ship interactivity; we have some new ideas about how to make crews interesting and can’t wait to try them out.

Idris-Int3.jpg

Idris-Int2.jpg

Idris_HngarFloor_WIP_01.jpg

For the $28 million stretch goal, we have something we’re very excited about here at Cloud Imperium: a second option for your Star Citizen starter ship! Here’s the goal:

New Starter Ship – The team at Consolidated Outland has decided to take Roberts Space Industries head on in 2944 by premiering the Mustang personal spacecraft. We will use these additional resources to create another ship company and starter ship for Star Citizen. The new ship will be offered for sale alongside the Aurora, so players have a choice between two options to begin the game!
The Mustang isn’t planned as a replacement for the Aurora, it’s another option that may better suit some play-styles. Want a reliable personal starship? Go with the Aurora. Want something with a little more power, at the expense of cargo? Try the Mustang!

We plan to assign a top concept artist to develop the look of the Mustang… and, as always, you’ll follow the whole process! When it’s ready, we’ll make Mustang packages available in the pledge store; users who prefer the new ship to the base Aurora will be able to make the switch at no cost (LTI will transfer, where applicable.) New players will be able to start the game with a significant choice, increasing immersion all the more!

vertopci

can packages with beta and alpha access be gifted with LTI as well? Or just ships themselves?

Wondering if I need to grab a cheap package with alpha and beta access first then have the ship gifted to me or if I can just get someone to gift me a whole package with the ship I want

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

This is hilarious. A 20th century fire extinguisher in there.

So I haven't been following this much, but how do people know there's an actual game here? All those interiors shown, are they actually accessible in the game while you are flying around or just when parked? Modeling a lot of stuff is one thing, making a game where you have such scale of detail seamlessly, in an MMO at that, is another.

From my perspective, you can't have a game running where those ship interiors, or bases interiors (if there are some of those) would be accessible seamlessly, especially not in a multi-player context, without implementing HUGE limitations in how the game plays. It seems to me like they are producing a lot of visuals, but leaving the actual working of things to figure out later, but figuring out something so vital later is only going to result in some very bad surprises.

MrBig

So I haven't been following this much, but how do people know there's an actual game here? All those interiors shown, are they actually accessible in the game while you are flying around or just when parked? Modeling a lot of stuff is one thing, making a game where you have such scale of detail seamlessly, in an MMO at that, is another.

You play an individual character that can do anything in the galaxy, from walking on planets, cities, stations, asteroids, nothing, your ship, your friend's ship, or the ship you're assaulting. It's not like EVE where you practically play as a ship, this is a first person game made to push the boundaries of immersion with the Oculus Rift and modern hardware

From my perspective, you can't have a game running where those ship interiors, or bases interiors (if there are some of those) would be accessible seamlessly, especially not in a multi-player context, without implementing HUGE limitations in how the game plays. It seems to me like they are producing a lot of visuals, but leaving the actual working of things to figure out later, but figuring out something so vital later is only going to result in some very bad surprises.

I'd not make such assumptions without doing your research first. In any case the first multiplayer milestone release is December, with the first milestone already playable at that level of detail in singleplayer.

Daedardus

Is this an actual concern or a bad attempt at trolling? The hangar models already have such a great deal of interactivity, it would be weird for the Idris to not have it. Also keep in minds this requires a monstrous PC.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is this an actual concern or a bad attempt at trolling? The hangar models already have such a great deal of interactivity, it would be weird for the Idris to not have it. Also keep in minds this requires a monstrous PC.

Hanger module (and some others) is basically Playstation Home. From what I understand, you'll be able to access different modules from a hub. It won't be seamless.

Daedardus

Hanger module (and some others) is basically Playstation Home. From what I understand, you'll be able to access different modules from a hub. It won't be seamless.

You seem terribly malinformed about this game. The modules are only alpha testing modules, the final game will stitch them all together.

ASTROID2

can packages with beta and alpha access be gifted with LTI as well? Or just ships themselves?

Wondering if I need to grab a cheap package with alpha and beta access first then have the ship gifted to me or if I can just get someone to gift me a whole package with the ship I want

I'm pretty sure everything can be gifted.

epmode

I suggest buying an equivalent amount of stuff first, gift it to your friend who can get LTI and then have him melt it down and purchase an LTI package. That way, your account is flagged for having purchased something and you'll be eligible for future backer rewards.

vertopci

I suggest buying an equivalent amount of stuff first, gift it to your friend who can get LTI and then have him melt it down and purchase an LTI package. That way, your account is flagged for having purchased something and you'll be eligible for future backer rewards.

This sounds like a good idea :)

Now to decide which ship I want...I missed the original LTI deadline because I couldn't decide on a ship and didn't know there was a deadline for LTI :(

You should try and find the gameplay video where the player starts in the command room of one of the massive frigates, runs through the ship down onto the kilometre-long launch pad, gets into a smaller fighter ship, launches off the runway and flies out into space and up to where you can see the command room where he started, from space. All seamlessly, and that was one of the first things they ever showed of the game, more than a year ago.

Top Bottom