• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Poona

Padme hasn't seen TFA yet.

And I'm pretty sure she won't.

I like that she, Ewan McGregor and Joel Edgerton are in Jane Got A Gun Together. Feel like going to see it just to think of it as Star Wars in alternate universe.

Would be good if Joel Edgerton could come back into the Star Wars realm as Owen Lars if they get Ewan McGregor to do Obi Wan again for something apart from his voice. Show something more of what went on between episode 3 and 4 with them.

tumblr_o1v59ck9n51qzsjdko1_1280.jpg

Getting close…

From Rian Johnson's tumbler.

USA Today have got an excerpt from Claudia Gray's next book, Star Wars Bloodline. Looks like they've scrapped the New Republic bit of the title.

635900083787650887-9780345511362.jpg

The new novel Star Wars: Bloodline gives Leia Organa — once a princess, later a general — a story, a journey and an adventure all her own.

A follow-up to September's Star Wars: Aftermath by Chuck Wendig (which reached No. 4 on USA TODAY's Best-Selling Books list), Bloodline (Del Rey, out May 3) takes place some years before the events of the blockbuster The Force Awakens film. USA TODAY has a first look at the Bloodline jacket and an exclusive excerpt below.

Leia (played by Carrie Fisher in the movies) is professionally at a good place, as a senator and leader in a peaceful New Republic decades after the fall of Vader and the Emperor's stranglehold on the galaxy. However, Gray says that a new generation doesn't remember the lessons of the Rebellion or recognize the wrongs of the Empire, and Leia begins to see the cracks in the foundation that could lead to a dangerous future for the galaxy.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I started to listen to the Heir to the Empire Audiodrama (I love my german dubbed version, I bet the english version doesnt had Carrie Fisher, Mark Hemmil and Harrison Ford for their roles), and I just love it. I really hope they reintroduce Thrawn in some kind of way.

Is the Shadow of the Empire book still worth it? And which Legends book do I want to read when I want to read more Kyle Katarn?

Just read the Lando mini comic story and I really liked it. Is the Yacht the same one that Captain Phasmas armor is made out of? Thought it was too much of coincidence that the Force Awakens Visual Dictionary mentions that her armor is made out of Palpatines old Yacht and this story is about something very similar.

Just read the Lando mini comic story and I really liked it. Is the Yacht the same one that Captain Phasmas armor is made out of? Thought it was too much of coincidence that the Force Awakens Visual Dictionary mentions that her armor is made out of Palpatines old Yacht and this story is about something very similar.

Yeah, it seems very likely it is the yacht Lando steals.

Toxi

Banned
Interesting article I found about the development of Wedge Antilles across the three OT movies.

The Battle of Yavin section is very illuminating.

That farmboy is a liability. You’ve bailed him out already, taking out a TIE fighter for him because he couldn’t even shake it. And now he’s attempting a trench run with Darth Vader at his tail! He has to be nuts.

And, what’s he doing giving you orders?

This kid has been in an X-Wing cockpit for literally only a few minutes—you’ve been training for years! You had better help him out. This is crazy, crazy, crazy. You call him boss with hopes of giving him a confidence boost. If he doesn’t get blown up, it will be up to you and Biggs to finish the job.

Skeptical to the end, you still can’t pick up the exhaust port on your scanners. There’s no way a computer is going to hit this. Plus there’s that tower firing on us! This whole plan is shot! It will never work.

The kid’s fighter is busted up. He’s got a broken stabilizer. He’s a goner.

Now Vader’s on my tail. Screw this. If I’m gonna die, it’s not going to be on a fool’s errand like this.

Whoops! I got a little hit! Ship’s flying just fine, but it’s a great excuse to bail. The kid will never know otherwise. He’s even telling me there’s nothing more I can do.

“Sorry!”

Wow, I just learned that the intro themes to Star Wars: Droids and Star Wars: Ewoks were written and performed by Stewart Copeland (of The Police) and Taj Mahal, respectively.

Risgroo

Lost Stars is really, REALLY good, wow! I was a bit sceptical because of the YA label, but now I'm hooked. Was about three hours late to the gym this morning because I couldn't put it down lol.

Quick

Banned
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/10/star-wars-episode-viii-production

Confirmed via quarterly earnings call by Bob Iger.

Filmmaker Rian Johnson is already making a few special modifications to the Star Wars universe. The director (best known for Brick and Looper) has started rolling cameras on Star Wars: Episode VIII, according to Disney CEO Bob Iger.

The galactic sequel was set to begin in January, but principal photography was pushed back a few weeks around the same time the movie’s release was shifted from May 2017 to December of that year.

Iger provided updates on the studio’s ever-expanding Star Wars universe during The Walt Disney Co.’s quarterly earnings call, touting the gargantuan financial success of the The Force Awakens. It is only the third film in history to collect more than $2 billion at the global box office, and the only domestic release to collect more than $900 million. In addition, he said it earned more than $3 billion globally in consumer products.

And Rogue One is "virtually complete."

“Filming of Rogue One is virtually completed and we absolutely love what we’ve seen so far,” he said, of the heist story about Rebel plans to steal the blueprints for the original Death Star. (The film, directed by Godzilla’s Gareth Edwards, will be released Dec. 16.) “This is the first of a set of planned stand-alone stories and we’re already in preproduction on our next one, for release in May of 2018.”

tumblr_o14ztbIaHq1qbtq0vo1_500.gif

curb

Banned
I hope the rumors are true and that Vader
shows up in Rogue One and demonstrates that kind of efficiency on film

Zombine

Banned
Vader's OP. Needs nerfing.

I think what's even more impressive is that I didn't even realize it was this many until the chart. Does anyone have any favorite kills so far? I think the ones that stand out to me are the Stormtrooper human shields from #1. Shows his complete disregard for life on either side of the fight, and it looked cool as hell.

I think what's even more impressive is that I didn't even realize it was this many until the chart. Does anyone have any favorite kills so far? I think the ones that stand out to me are the Stormtrooper human shields from #1. Shows his complete disregard for life on either side of the fight, and it looked cool as hell.

Yeah, that was a good one. I liked the one where he force throttles a stormtrooper that sees his face in the first Star Wars arc. I can't remember what issue it was but I liked the one where he purposely deflects a blaster bolt to kill someone when he and Thanoth are chasing their leads on Aphra.

Hopefully doesn't focus too much on the New Republic, TFA really fucked that up.
Pretty sure it will. It's set five years before the film when Leia's working as part of the Republic. I'm actually looking forward to getting an idea of the political situation at that stage seeing it was glossed over in the film.

Rootbeer

Banned
Star Wars and LEGO fans rejoice! Disney has announced a new animated short-form series set to air on Disney XD beginning TODAY, Feb. 15. And we also have a clip from tonight's episode!

Titled LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises, the series will take place before the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and feature brand-new adventures starring Kylo Ren, Poe Dameron, Han Solo, Finn, Rey, Maz Kanata, Captain Phasma and everyone’s favorite new droid BB-8, as well as other The Force Awakens characters.

The five-part animated series will begin with an episode titled “Poe to the Rescue” that'll air immediately following the finale of Gravity Falls.

Here is the first episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK92gFG-YUA

Top Bottom