• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Hoping for a good looking steelbook.

This is the one Zavvi have got up for pre-order here.

11216153-1554350609393786.jpg

It says 'not final' but I expect they'll go with that version. The theatrical poster's ok but I'd like something a bit different. Hopefully there's a few others.

Anth0ny

Looks like Walmart are getting an exclusive BB-8 cover for the Force Awakens Blu-Ray. There's going to end up being a ton of these. Not sure whether to go for the steelbook or a standard slipcover version yet.

12803292_1017448068301122_762050943007246822_n.jpg

oh man

I'm a sucker for steelbooks and cool covers.

And when I comes to Star Wars I have ZERO chill. I own like 6 different versions of the OT, and I still want those laserdiscs someday...

This is the one Zavvi have got up for pre-order here.

11216153-1554350609393786.jpg

It says 'not final' but I expect they'll go with that version. The theatrical poster's ok but I'd like something a bit different. Hopefully there's a few others.

Disney usually puts a little more effort into their steelbooks from what I can tell (with Marvel and their animated releases), so hopefully they don't just simply throw the basic poster on there and call it a day.

Then again that poster is pretty great...

I can also seem them going for something consistent with those new Star Wars steelbooks with the faces on them. Someone even made a mockup:

VTBBUYU.jpg

Not awful.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I can also seem them going for something consistent with those new Star Wars steelbooks with the faces on them. Someone even made a mockup:

My problem with the current set of steelbooks is that Yoda for AOTC is the only non-villain among the entire collection.

Shoulda been a clone or Jango for consistency.

ngower

He's as big as everyone else, basically. I kinda find his design boring when not in motion so I'm cool with the decision. Maul, Ren, etc look bad ass in still form. Vader (maybe as a result of familiarity) doesn't do much. The voice, the costume et all change it for me.

I started listening to some Star Wars podcasts with the lead up to TFA. Looks like The Forcecast had a complete overhaul of their staff and looking at the replacement's twitter feed made me delete that subscription in a second.

FWIW Echo Base moved to Random Chatter if people want to stick with it.

I started listening to some Star Wars podcasts with the lead up to TFA. Looks like The Forcecast had a complete overhaul of their staff and looking at the replacement's twitter feed made me delete that subscription in a second.

Ha, why was that?

The only Star Wars podcast I really listen to these days is Full of Sith.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There is a Star Wars Humble Budle:

www.humblebundle.com

Pay $1 or more to unlock:
Star Wars: Rebellion
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter - Balance of Power Campaigns
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
10% off Humble Monthly

BTA:
Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition
Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Pay $9.99 or more to also unlock:
Star Wars: Empire At War: Gold Pack
LEGO® Star Wars - The Complete Saga

KevinG

Looks like Target will have exclusive bonus content and some kind of special packaging as well.

Should get official press releases tomorrow.

Official: Digital April 1st. Blu-Rey April 5th

http://www.starwars.com/news/its-true-all-of-it-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-coming-home

As announced this morning by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Iger at The Walt Disney Company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders, the epic movie will be available to own early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on April 1, and is coming home on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 5. The film shattered box office records upon its debut, eventually grossing over $926 million domestic and $2.05 billion worldwide. Featuring new heroes and villains, along with classic characters, thrilling action, and a heartfelt story, Star Wars: The Force Awakens connected with fans and deepened the mythology of Star Wars.

Packaged with the film is a galaxy of bonus content that will take fans inside the making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, including an in-depth documentary, featurettes, and more. Secrets will be revealed through extensive footage, never-before-seen deleted scenes, and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers. Bonus features include*:

• Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary
  • The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script
  • Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars
  • Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life
  • Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren
  • John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
  • ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
  • Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others
  • Plus Deleted Scenes

Metalmarc

Pablo hidaglo just retweeted this

For those playing the title game, Force Awakens didnt have a title until after September 2014

And someone replied about the force awakens title

"I think I know where they got it. Marvel Star Wars issue from 1983. "

image.jpg

Coreda

Interestingly it seems Lucas was planning 10 sequels in 1978, according to a Penthouse piece at the time. Knew he had ideas for the prequels but wasn't aware he was intending further films, especially that early.

10starwarssequelsplanifpbr.png

Fj0823

Interestingly it seems Lucas was planning 10 sequels in 1978, according to a Penthouse piece at the time. Knew he had ideas for the prequels but wasn't aware he was intending further films, especially that early.

10starwarssequelsplanifpbr.png

He used a ton of his notes for TCW IIRC. Maybe he did have a big plan.

...or he was talking shit

I remember hearing in the late 70s/early 80s that there were 9 movies planned, never heard of a 10th. I couldn't tell you where we heard it - just kids at recess talking shit, probably.

I read somewhere quite recently that an old plan was to have a prelude film and then a prequel trilogy set around the Clone War along with a sequel trilogy for a total of 10 films. That reads like some kind of misquote or misunderstanding of that.

Marvel are doing a Han Solo mini-series. Five issues written by Marjoria Liu with art from Mark Brooks. Seems to have a nice link to the Jedi-TFA gap in terms of Han racing in his spare time.

han-solo-comic-cover-ew.jpg

The five-issue story is illustrated by Mark Brooks (Amazing Spider- Man, Uncanny X-Force) and the cover is by Lee Bermejo.

The story involves a starship race known as the Dragon Void Run. “Han’s been dreaming 
of entering this thing for his entire life,” Liu says. “He finally gets
 the chance, except there’s a catch: Leia thinks there are spies in the Rebellion, and she doesn’t dare send anyone else to retrieve these vital informants who are on various planets in the system.”

As Han and Chewie start sheltering these Rebel contacts aboard the Millennium Falcon, the Corellian pilot fights the pull of his own ego’s tractor beam: If he ditches the mission, maybe he can actually win this thing.

I really hope Amazon Germany has just the movie poster and not some random character.
Germany and the UK are confirmed to have the same design as the US Best Buy SteelBook, but without the title on the front and spine:
dJgNNp4.jpg

pPSveUt.jpg

Basically any SteelBook worldwide (with the exception of the US/Canada) should have this design.

sphagnum

Banned
Pablo hidaglo just retweeted this

For those playing the title game, Force Awakens didnt have a title until after September 2014

And someone replied about the force awakens title

"I think I know where they got it. Marvel Star Wars issue from 1983. "

image.jpg

I always figured the idea stemmed from the third draft of the original Star Wars:

46. INT. ALDERAAN – CRYSTAL CHAMBER

Three SITH LORDS are on their knees praying before a shining crystal placed on a tall altar. They mumble a strange electronic chant.

1ST SITH
Darth, did you feel that?

Darth stands and stares at the crystal.

2ND SITH
Was it an omen? What is it?

VADER
Something old has been awakened. The Force has suddenly grown stronger.
We must travel future paths with caution.

Oh man -,-

Is there anything confirmed for the other retailer?
Basically this is everything that's been confirmed exclusives-wise:

US
Wal-Mart/Target/Best Buy

UK
Limited First Run Slipcovers/Zavvi

The light/dark side slipcovers from the UK will be released in multiple countries throughout Europe. Worldwide (as noted, with the exception of the US and Canada) the same SteelBook without the title. Blufans in China will also release the same international SteelBook, but with exclusive slipcovers (limited to 350 copies.)

I'd expect some more exclusives to possibly be announced throughout the month.

The changes made to the Steelbook version for the UK push the design from OK to repulsive, in my slightly weird opinion. Cancelling my pre-order.

The changes made to the Steelbook version for the UK push the design from OK to repulsive, in my slightly weird opinion. Cancelling my pre-order.

Nah, I thought the same. I would have reluctantly bought it from Zavvi if they had the title on the spine but it just isn't that great and it's not like I have the other steelbooks anyway. I'm going with the dark side slip cover.

Sayers

Am I the only one who thinks that a Han Solo origin story is the least interesting of the anthologies they have announced?

Am I the only one who thinks that a Han Solo origin story is the least interesting of the anthologies they have announced?

Nope. I'd definitely agree with you at this stage. Much more interested in Rogue One. An Obi-Wan anthology film with Ewan returning would definitely appeal to me too.

Sayers

I love the idea of an Obi-Wan movie though I'm not sure where they would put it in the timeline that hasn't already been covered by the movies/The Clone Wars.

Top Bottom