• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

She wasn't there today but I do back from Force Friday in September.
M6UtxZM.jpg

sphagnum

Banned
Some interesting information from New Republic: Bloodline, I'll put it in spoilers:

ZGyN9UL.jpg

I suppose this fits with the Chancellor being massively nerfed following the restoration of the Republic, as Mothma wanted. I guess the Chancellor couldn't bring the squabbling factions together and so the Centrists essentially want a Prime Minister in the form of a First Senator. Wonder if there's any links to the First Order... The propaganda art book says that the First Order began by "inhabiting a wing of politics" in the Republic or something like that, so perhaps that's referring to the senators whose allegiance remains with the Empire.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Miles Teller confirms that he auditioned for Han Solo....and that he'd never seen the OT until a couple of weeks before said audition
http://comicbook.com/2016/03/18/miles-teller-confirms-he-tried-out-for-han-solo/
More than 2,500 actors reportedly met with Disney and Lucasfilm for the role of young Han Solo in their upcoming standalone film. Miles Teller was considered a top-contender for the part, but he was supposedly eliminated from contention after meeting with directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

On the happysadconfused podcast (via Slash Film), the Fantastic Four and Whiplash star confirmed he did indeed audition for the role. "I had never even seen any of the original Star Wars movies until maybe a month or a couple weeks before my first audition because I was like, ‘I should check this out’ [Laughs]," Teller admitted. "It holds up. I just love Harrison Ford. I think that’s a great character. I love his brand, I mean so many guys would’ve played that part so wrong and he has humor at the right times. Harrison Ford is a very big actor, when you see the facial expressions and the things he does he goes big, but he’s just always the coolest guy in the room and he’s got all of those great qualities."

sphagnum

Banned
New summary for Bloodline.

WITNESS THE BIRTH OF THE RESISTANCE

When the Rebellion defeated the Empire in the skies above Endor, Leia Organa believed it was the beginning to a lasting peace. But after decades of vicious infighting and partisan gridlock in the New Republic Senate, that hope seems like a distant memory.

Now a respected senator, Leia must grapple with the dangers that threaten to cripple the fledgling democracy—from both within and without. Underworld kingpins, treacherous politicians, and Imperial loyalists are sowing chaos in the galaxy. Desperate to take action, senators are calling for the election of a First Senator. It is their hope that this influential post will bring strong leadership to a divided galaxy.

As the daughter of Darth Vader, Leia faces with distrust the prospect of any one person holding such a powerful position—even when supporters suggest Leia herself for the job. But a new enemy may make this path Leia’s only option. For at the edges of the galaxy, a mysterious threat is growing. . . .

8GxSuoP.png

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/7878/bloodline-star-wars-by-claudia-gray/

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its most likely a stupid question... But are there any informations how much lightsabers weight when they are turned on? I often think about it, how akward it must be to hit around with a stick without any other weight.
It always seems like the sword has a little resistance to surfaces, was there anything ever mention in the old EU in this direction?

Its most likely a stupid question... But are there any informations how much lightsabers weight when they are turned on? I often think about it, how akward it must be to hit around with a stick without any other weight.
It always seems like the sword has a little resistance to surfaces, was there anything ever mention in the old EU in this direction?

According to Legends EU, lightsabers had space gyroscopes in the hilt so that they felt like complete blades when turned on.

Lokimaru

Would also explain why Yoda aged so much in 18 years.

Yoda's species leech the force from others to sustain their own life. He was using all the other Force users in the temple to bolster his health and longevity, when they all died he had no one else to draw from until Luke but Luke left him High and Dry before he could get his full dose and by the time Luke got back it was too late for Yoda to drain energy from him again so he died. Why do you think Yoda was so adamant Luke stay?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yoda's species leech the force from others to sustain their own life. He was using all the other Force users in the temple to bolster his health and longevity, when they all died he had no one else to draw from until Luke but Luke left him High and Dry before he could get his full dose and by the time Luke got back it was too late for Yoda to drain energy from him again so he died. Why do you think Yoda was so adamant Luke stay?
Is this honestly the explanation for Yodas age?

Sayers

Time for last minute predictions guys:

Does our little Snips survive tonight's episode of Rebels?

Personally, I'm in the Ahsoka lives camp.

curb

Banned
Time for last minute predictions guys:

Does our little Snips survive tonight's episode of Rebels?

Personally, I'm in the Ahsoka lives camp.

#TeamLives (and this is actually spoilery):
that's because someone in the Rebels OT gave provided some reputable spoilers

So I was watching this clip that everyone is bringing up,

https://youtu.be/6UwklEWJvmg

And it just dawned on me.... for years I always took "Return of the Jedi" to refer to Luke ushering in a new era of Jedi. Now I see it can also refer to Anakin becoming a Jedi once again.

Since "Jedi" is both singular and plural it creates this cool double interpretation.

curb

Banned
From the press release:

Fans have long wondered what happened to Ahsoka after she left the Jedi Order near the end of the Clone Wars, and before she re-appeared as the mysterious Rebel operative Fulcrum in Rebels. Finally, her story will begin to be told.

Good. One book doesn't seem like enough to me.

Snaku

Banned
Guys, the timing of this is odd. A solo book about Ahsoka right before Rogue One? And Vader is in Rogue One. Logic says Disney would want him fighting someone. Any chance live action Ahsoka has been kept under wraps as a special surprise? Is Rogue One her end game?

curb

Banned
Guys, the timing of this is odd. A solo book about Ahsoka right before Rogue One? And Vader is in Rogue One. Logic says Disney would want him fighting someone. Any chance live action Ahsoka has been kept under wraps as a special surprise? Is Rogue One her end game?

I really doubt it. Too much to explain to movie goers who have no knowledge of the character. For them, it kinda undermines the "last of the Jedi" thing even though it's given explanation in the shows. I think Vader's just going to show up and be hella scary while he mows down a bunch of rebels.

90% of the people who watch Rogue One wouldn't know who Ahsoka is. It sounds like some small references to Rebels in Rogue One might be possible, but I sincerely doubt they're just going to plonk her in a film where most of the audience won't have a clue who she is.

Plus, there's Gareth Edward's emphasis on this being more of a traditional war film. I don't think they'd want Ahsoka coming in and taking the focus off Felicity Jones' character. Or Vader for that matter.

Sayers

I think they specifically said "no Jedi" in Rogue One. Semantics about whether Ahsoka is a Jedi aside, the intent is obvious. Also, I just don't think she would work in live action. She would need to be CG or the actress (who wouldn't be Ashley) would have to wear a heavy head dress that would likely keep her out of action scenes.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Did the C3PO comic get pushed back AGAIN? I thought originally it was meant to be end of 2015, then I'm sure it was Feb, March, now 13th April?

Am I just going crazy?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is the digital edition only out in the US today? Cant find it anywhere in the Uk, everywhere says 10th.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Yeah, think so. Maybe a few other places. Digital's the 11th here in the UK with the Blu-Ray coming out on the 18th.

Is there a way to circumvent this? I was planning on watching it today :(

Monocle

Lol, I almost wish this was canon.

Just watched Force Awakens today for the first time since opening day. Great film and it was fun trying to spot little details that I missed the first time. One detail caught my eye that I had a question about, I'll spoiler tag it in case someone hasn't seen the movie yet.

During the scene when Kylo Ren is interrogating Rey, he takes off his mask and puts it on a tray full of ashes, which I'm guessing is supposed to be from Vader's funeral pyre? Sounds plausible because of his obsession with Vader but I tried looking it up in Wookieepedia and couldn't find any details confirming that.

Just watched Force Awakens today for the first time since opening day. Great film and it was fun trying to spot little details that I missed the first time. One detail caught my eye that I had a question about, I'll spoiler tag it in case someone hasn't seen the movie yet.

During the scene when Kylo Ren is interrogating Rey, he takes off his mask and puts it on a tray full of ashes, which I'm guessing is supposed to be from Vader's funeral pyre? Sounds plausible because of his obsession with Vader but I tried looking it up in Wookieepedia and couldn't find any details confirming that.

Yeah, I assumed it was that too. Though I don't think there's been any confirmation of it, I have a feeling that's what they intended.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed the digital version on iTunes since I'm waiting for the 3D Bluray. Can't wait to watch it this weekend!

Top Bottom