• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How does buying on the us store work for itunes? Do i need anew acc? Will it work with my other media on my ipad and such, im from the UK.

curb

Banned
I'm watching the
Jedi Temple bombing
arc of Clone Wars and it reminds me of how much I wish we'd get some content set in the lower levels of Coruscant during that era.

Anth0ny

The TFA documentary is so fucking good. Brought me the same joy I felt watching the behind the scenes video for the original trilogy all those years ago. So much wonder and amazing practical effects shown.

It's also the complete antithesis of the episode 1 behind the scenes documentary. That documentary was a sterile, quiet, awkward thing to watch. Almost like a funeral. Whereas this one is colorful, musical, joyful and a celebration of everything that is Star Wars. Amazing to see how much JJ just gets it, when Lucas himself did not back in the late 90s.

obin_gam

Luke's gone dark side confirmed
oLmjv22.png

Looks like the ashes that Kylo slams his mask into in TFA are his enemies' remains. I'd always guessed it was the ashes from Vader's suit. Originally that scene was used earlier in the film when he's talking to Vader's mask too.

Asked for an example, Abrams pointed to the scene in Starkiller Base where Adam Driver’s Kylo Ren is interrogating Daisy Ridley’s Rey and finally takes off his mask. The moment where he puts his mask down into that table of ash was meant for an early sequence.

“The backstory is, that that table has the ashes of the enemies he’s killed,” Abrams says. “That moment was actually shot for, and meant to be used in, the scene where he was talking to the Vader mask.”

In other words, that table of ash was originally in Ren’s private quarters. And the fact that he incinerates and preserves the remains of his foes adds a new, eerie dimension to his Dark Side nostalgia — and hoarding tendencies.

Just watched TFA for the first time today and really liked it. Never been a big Star Wars person but this really hooked me. Do any of the novels discuss the Rise of The First Order?

Calcium

Banned
Watched the TFA documentary and I really enjoyed it. It was nice to see Harrison Ford tear up after he wrapped. The dude acts like he doesn't give a shit, but deep down he cares. I really wish there was a director's commentary, though.

Watched the film two more times yesterday. I still love the film, but on repeat viewings two little nitpicks stand out for me.

I think Daisy Ridley is amazing, one of my favorite aspects of the movie, but her delivery of "That was lucky!" during the Rathtar(sp?) sequence feels so off to me. She says it so fast after Boyega delivers his line that it sounds a little awkward.

The other, much bigger, nitpick is showing Poe Dameron in his cockpit during the Resistance X-Wing battle over the Maz cantina. It's just such an odd moment of "Oh, there that guy is. I guess he isn't dead." where I think Finn being amazed by the pilot in the black X-Wing then the audience discovers with him that the pilot is none other than Poe Dameron would have been a more satisfying moment. Especially when BB-8 hauls ass to see him.

Waldini

Watched the TFA documentary and I really enjoyed it. It was nice to see Harrison Ford tear up after he wrapped. The dude acts like he doesn't give a shit, but deep down he cares. I really wish there was a director's commentary, though.

Watched the film two more times yesterday. I still love the film, but on repeat viewings two little nitpicks stand out for me.

I think Daisy Ridley is amazing, one of my favorite aspects of the movie, but her delivery of "That was lucky!" during the Rathtar(sp?) sequence feels so off to me. She says it so fast after Boyega delivers his line that it sounds a little awkward.

The other, much bigger, nitpick is showing Poe Dameron in his cockpit during the Resistance X-Wing battle over the Maz cantina. It's just such an odd moment of "Oh, there that guy is. I guess he isn't dead." where I think Finn being amazed by the pilot in the black X-Wing then the audience discovers with him that the pilot is none other than Poe Dameron would have been a more satisfying moment. Especially when BB-8 hauls ass to see him.

Ford .... Ford teared up? Can't wait to go behind-the-scenes. I'll have to wait another goddamn week though. Wish I could view this online somewhere

Calcium

Banned
Ford .... Ford teared up? Can't wait to go behind-the-scenes. I'll have to wait another goddamn week though. Wish I could view this online somewhere

Yeah, after his last shot J.J. starts giving a speech about what an honor it was to work with him then he gets a pretty big applause. It isn't featured prominently or anything, but you can see it if you look. There is also a little story about one of the crew building the Millennium Falcon meeting Ford before production and Harrison goes out of his way to tell him to do something specific to the Falcon. I certainly wouldn't have expected that from the "Fuck this nonsense." guy I've seen in interviews.

Waldini

Yeah, after his last shot J.J. starts giving a speech about what an honor it was to work with him then he gets a pretty big applause. It isn't featured prominently or anything, but you can see it if you look. There is also a little story about one of the crew building the Millennium Falcon meeting Ford before production and Harrison goes out of his way to tell him to do something specific to the Falcon. I certainly wouldn't have expected that from the "Fuck this nonsense." guy I've seen in interviews.

You know ... when watching those "previews" for the Blu-Ray BTS you could actually see the cast enjoying themselves. Having fun, goofing around. I haven't seen that kind of joy on the Blu-Ray of EP1 to EP6.

I understand that Han Solo needed to die. I mean, the guy is 70+. You really do NOT want to risk an actor passing away and having to recast/rewrite a big deal of the movie. Both Fischer and Hamill are younger. Still, I have a feeling we'll see Ford again in Episode 8. Ben Solo looking at some sort of Hologram? You never know.

Ah yeah, I remember watching an interview with the guy who was working on the Falcon. Apparently the buttons didn't give the right feedback on the original Falcon or something along those lines.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Id love Han to be in some sort of flashback in the next two films, will never happen but a Han+Younger ben interaction would be awesome.

Waldini

Id love Han to be in some sort of flashback in the next two films, will never happen but a Han+Younger ben interaction would be awesome.

I have a feeling that we'll get this eventually.

I mean, Ben has the mask of Vader. Someone (or he did it himself) must've picked it up after the Battle of Endor. Even though Snoke is going to complete his training ... he'll still be "in touch with the Light" as described in the official novel. Hell, he could just start a hologram ... see his father interact with him, see Chewbacca hug him and so on. That'll build up enough hatred (hating himself) to tap into the Darkside even more.

... sorry guys. It's another 1,5 years and I need something to discuss.

Hex

Banned
Hey, JJ said it but it hasn't been said yet in canon, so a future writer could change it to be Vader's ashes if they wanted to. Still a possibility.

Vader's ashes would be asinine.
It has been how long since Endor?
30 years? Someone pilfering the mask, ok I will buy that.
Someone taking time to sift through the ashes when Luke and the rebels are all over the place? And then having those ashes 30 years later? (Ashes from a wood pyre by the way which would be 95% wood ashes.....)
No.

And for the record, if JJ says it about The Force Awakens it is canon.

Vader's ashes would be asinine.
It has been how long since Endor?
30 years? Someone pilfering the mask, ok I will buy that.
Someone taking time to sift through the ashes when Luke and the rebels are all over the place? And then having those ashes 30 years later? (Ashes from a wood pyre by the way which would be 95% wood ashes.....)
No.

And for the record, if JJ says it about The Force Awakens it is canon.

I cant imagine that the rebels stuck around for too long. Why would they? Someone could easily have found Vader a week later and scooped the goods up out of the suit.

And yes, if he says it's true, it is. Until it isn't. For instance if Rian Johnson's sequel decided to call them Vader's ashes, JJ's word wouldnt mean shit anymore. It's not solid until stated in media.

18/20

I had to guess on several though. Fuck if I know what rock band that named themselves after the film.

I only know that because they did the theme song to Buffy (my favourite tv show ever)

Terrible quiz and barely anything to do with the film itself.

curb

Banned
Rogue One teaser tomorrow and a Doctor Strange teaser next week. Too much Disney-owned awesomeness to take in.

Tapejara

I wasn't able to watch The Force Awakens in theaters, so I've been holding out for the Blu-ray release for some time. It arrived yesterday and I've managed to stay 99% spoiler free so far! Going to start it up with some family members in a bit. I'm just so excited to finally see it!

I wasn't able to watch The Force Awakens in theaters, so I've been holding out for the Blu-ray release for some time. It arrived yesterday and I've managed to stay 99% spoiler free so far! Going to start it up with some family members in a bit. I'm just so excited to finally see it!

Wooooo

Calcium

Banned

Nice!

Top Bottom