• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

sphagnum

Banned
Found an interesting quote from Pablo on Twitter, in response to someone asking about the Lucas treatment of Episode VII:

@anthonytaylor_ @KenWannb @SWMegafan @ManaByte Some of it is in the Art of Book. Skyler. Thea. Darth Talon. Felucia.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/740224023624339457

I saw that picture of Talon in the art book but I though it was just an artist messing around with ideas. Was Lucas actually seriously considering her at one point? She was supposed to be in that Darth Maul game also.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Found an interesting quote from Pablo on Twitter, in response to someone asking about the Lucas treatment of Episode VII:

I saw that picture of Talon in the art book but I though it was just an artist messing around with ideas. Was Lucas actually seriously considering her at one point? She was supposed to be in that Darth Maul game also.

Whether part of the Lucas treatment or not, I really loved all the very early design stuff in the art book. Lots of fascinating ideas they came up with there.

But I don't think I was ever keen on Darth Talon showing up. She's like the stereotypical fanboy's wet dream and that kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Whether part of the Lucas treatment or not, I really loved all the very early design stuff in the art book. Lots of fascinating ideas they came up with there.

But I don't think I was ever keen on Darth Talon showing up. She's like the stereotypical fanboy's wet dream and that kinda rubs me the wrong way.

the whole "make "jakku" a garbage planet" was something I loved in the artbook. I hope they include a garbage planet in one of the next movies. I mean a planet covered with spaceship parts from one end to another..damn it would've been awesome.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
the whole "make "jakku" a garbage planet" was something I loved in the artbook. I hope they include a garbage planet in one of the next movies. I mean a planet covered with spaceship parts from one end to another..damn it would've been awesome.

One shot that stood out for me was that photo-manip of a woman walking by a junkyward made out of rows and rows of TIE cockpits.

curb

Banned

Oh lawd, the video Manabyte posted that starts off that Twitter conversation. Some people...

Meowster

That book was worth every single penny I spent on it. Just fascinating stuff and very detailed and beautiful to look through. Whenever my little cousins come and visit, they'd rather flip through that book than hang out with me haha.

Not a fan of Darth Talon either but I hope we learn a little more about Lucas's treatment later.

If it is, he's really committed. I clicked on one of his other videos and it's the same kind of thing. I think he's genuinely one of those people that thinks the "bring back Legends" people are the only true Star Wars fans.

Yeah, I can sympathise with some of them but this guy and the people who harass the writers and Lucasfilm employees at conventions give them all a bad name.

curb

Banned
Yeah, I can sympathise with some of them but this guy and the people who harass the writers and Lucasfilm employees at conventions give them all a bad name.

Absolutely.

I also think it's hilarious that it either comes down to "Disney" ruining Star Wars or Kathleen Kennedy being Satan incarnate.

The Rogue One subscriber's cover:

CqeCDnfUIAEWBof.jpg:large

Looks like the cover uses an image similar to one from the storybook that leaked a while back.

rogue-one-k2so.jpg

And a new image.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Love how Rogue One looks, please let it deliver.

Every day I'm thankful we're living in the golden age for Star Wars. Rewatching TFA on blu after reading through the prequel thread here felt so good. The dark days are over

Surfinn

Love how Rogue One looks, please let it deliver.

Every day I'm thankful we're living in the golden age for Star Wars. Rewatching TFA on blu after reading through the prequel thread here felt so good. The dark days are over

Yup, thank god TFA turned out the way it did.

To be honest, I was deeply disappointed when they went with JJ to do EP7 (writing and directing), but I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

RJ and EP8 is the film I'm looking forward to the most. That has me 100 times more excited than TFA.

Rootbeer

Banned
Whats the usual starting price for the Black Series figures?

19.99 USD is the MSRP. Some retailers charge 21.99. On amazon and similar sites you'll frequently find them marked down to 16 to 18 dollars, especially ones that have been out for a few months. Some popular figures are big sellers and you may never get them at that price though. Revan will probably be one such figure. You'll be lucky to find him at all. Which is why pre-ordering is important.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
19.99 USD is the MSRP. Some retailers charge 21.99. On amazon and similar sites you'll frequently find them marked down to 16 to 18 dollars, especially ones that have been out for a few months. Some popular figures are big sellers and you may never get them at that price though. Revan will probably be one such figure. You'll be lucky to find him at all. Which is why pre-ordering is important.

These are the bigger, more detailed ones, right?
Black Series figure look always very good to me and I am very interested in having one for display reasons since Lego is laughable expensive.
To bad Stomtroopers seem to be a little bit more expensive...

Rootbeer

Banned
These are the bigger, more detailed ones, right?
Black Series figure look always very good to me and I am very interested in having one for display reasons since Lego is laughable expensive.
To bad Stomtroopers seem to be a little bit more expensive...

they are 1:12 scale so roughly 6 inches for a 6ft tall character. Lots of articulation. Sculpts are usually rather good, paint is fair to good (non humans look really good, humans look mostly okay) -- but much better quality than Hasbro's smaller figures.

If you are going to collect modern Star Wars figures, it's what I would recommend. Best balance of price, quality and selection of characters.

There are also import lines such a Figuarts but you'll pay double or more per figure.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

To be honest, I was deeply disappointed when they went with JJ to do EP7 (writing and directing), but I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

RJ and EP8 is the film I'm looking forward to the most. That has me 100 times more excited than TFA.

Yeah I was so happy with TFA, but what has me really excited is that it's just a prologue. The meat of the story starts in Ep VIII, so if RJ delivers... oh boy. Focus on Luke and Rey, RJ directing, there's just so much to look forward to. I've just seen the pic that shows Johnson already starting work on editing Ep VIII, that's like a year of post production? Is that usually the case for these movies? Because that seems he has a lot of breathing room, which is a good thing of course.

And to ease the wait, there's Rogue One in only a few months. What a time to be alive.

Surfinn

Yeah I was so happy with TFA, but what has me really excited is that it's just a prologue. The meat of the story starts in Ep VIII, so if RJ delivers... oh boy. Focus on Luke and Rey, RJ directing, there's just so much to look forward to. I've just seen the pic that shows Johnson already starting work on editing Ep VIII, that's like a year of post production? Is that usually the case for these movies? Because that seems he has a lot of breathing room, which is a good thing of course.

And to ease the wait, there's Rogue One in only a few months. What a time to be alive.

Yup, exactly. That's what a lot of people don't seem to realize.. EP7 was partially a huge setup for 8 and 9, where the story can really spread its wings and take us to new and daring places, literally and figuratively.

I know EP8 has been under tight wraps, similar to Rogue One leading into its release, but it really seems like things are moving quickly.. I mean JW is seeing a first cut in a week or so if not sooner, that's pretty damn amazing.

I'm surprised how quiet the cast has been on this though, seems eerily silent. Even with EP7 they were pretty outspoken about their excitement, though I'm sure it's just legalities in order to center the focus on R1.

I'm much more excited for EP8 than 7.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

I'm with you. Except for two or three bigger flaws I love TFA ^_^/

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
In my basket I have a bunch of trades: Lando, Vader vol. 1-3 and Vader Down. I see Vader Down is a crossover with the main series. Do I need to read that as well or is it contained? Or I can just add all the mainline volumes as well lol, it is Jason Aaron after all

In my basket I have a bunch of trades: Lando, Vader vol. 1-3 and Vader Down. I see Vader Down is a crossover with the main series. Do I need to read that as well or is it contained? Or I can just add all the mainline volumes as well lol, it is Jason Aaron after all

You don't have to read the preceding issues of Star Wars. I think it would work relatively well on its own, though I wasn't a big fan of Vader Down overall. Vader's a better series than Star Wars so at least you're getting the first three trades of that and it is actually required reading as it introduces Aphra who features in Vader Down. If you enjoy Vader Down you could always go back and get Star Wars. I enjoyed the second arc more than the first. Immonen's art suits Star Wars really well.

STWARS2015009001scol-ce15d.jpg

Lando's definitely my favourite of the mini-series'. Good choice there.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
You don't have to read the preceding issues of Star Wars. I think it would work relatively well on its own, though I wasn't a big fan of Vader Down overall. Vader's a better series than Star Wars so at least you're getting the first three trades of that and it is actually required reading as it introduces Aphra who features in Vader Down. If you enjoy Vader Down you could always go back and get Star Wars. I enjoyed the second arc more than the first. Immonen's art suits Star Wars really well.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/600/0/1/STWARS2015009001scol-ce15d.jpg[IMG]

Lando's definitely my favourite of the mini-series'. Good choice there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I like Immonen's art, no issues there. In short, I kinda went nuts:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/bAMUy10.png

Think these are considered the top series of the new batch. Obi Wan & Anakin is for another time.

There's no new information in the issue really. Edwards says he's still not really sure what the name 'Rogue One' means but he instantly liked it. He felt it was suitable because it's the first film outside the main saga films and it could also refer to Jyn herself.

There's no new information in the issue really. Edwards says he's still not really sure what the name 'Rogue One' means but he instantly liked it. He felt it was suitable because it's the first film outside the main saga films and it could also refer to Jyn herself.

Maybe it's the name of the group going to get the plans? But that is just me thinking about it.

Top Bottom