• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Burbeting

Banned
Put the poster on my wall:

IMG_20170906_191011.jpg

The image quality is little shoddy (Thanks phone), but Ren at least has his scar, so it shouldn't be a photoshop using TFA versions of the cast at least?

Surfinn

Put the poster on my wall:

IMG_20170906_191011.jpg

The image quality is little shoddy (Thanks phone), but Ren at least has his scar, so it shouldn't be a photoshop using TFA versions of the cast at least?

Not a fan of that poster. Way too cluttered and unfocused.

Cool actual images used, though

Still, can't say I wouldn't put it up too since I'm so hyped :p

Big One

Banned
Darth Vader (comic) was fantastic this week. Fantastic as in probably the best single issue story in the new canon thus-far. Great stuff and looking forward to seeing more.

Drayco21

A single panel from the Phasma comic has me super interested in her relationship with Kylo Ren, especially since we haven't really seen them interact.

Phasma novel spoilers and comic spoilers within, probably don't click if you haven't finished them yet:

The Phasma novel directly states that she has no regards for anyone or anything but herself; but she did seem to genuinely love her brother, Keldo. She crippled him, but in her own mind, it was to save him. She only ever cries once- in frustration when she realises he's chasing them and has to die- the only time Siv ever sees her lose her composure is when she mentions the First Order helping Keldo.

Otherwise, she sacrifices all other things coldly and without second thoughts. In the comic, she's chasing the one person who knows Starkiller Base is her fault, but when she sees Ren fighting Rey, she drops everything to try to save him. I wonder if she sees herself like a big sister to him, or if he reminds her of her brother and thus is soft on him- its interesting enough that I want to see more of them interacting.

Of course it could just be minor inconsistencies between different writers, it just stood out when going from the novel straight to the comic.

Snake

Snoke looks a lot better in that promo than in any moment in TFA, even if his eyes are a bit too cartoony. Hopefully that holds in the final film.

sphagnum

Banned
Bunch of new comics out today.

Rogue One - eh whatever

Star Wars Adventures - pretty fun for what its supposed to be. The Tales from Wild Space story was silly but I'm glad we get more Dex-Obi bromance, something I thought we'd never see. Weird how they decided to give the Grafs a descendant when I doubt most kids even read that series.

Captain Phasma - beautiful art and online up well with the novel considering her personality carries over. Should be fun

Vader - FANTASTIC issue. Everything I could want, even Sheev spinning.

Vashetti

Banned
Bunch of new comics out today.

Rogue One - eh whatever

Star Wars Adventures - pretty fun for what its supposed to be. The Tales from Wild Space story was silly but I'm glad we get more Dex-Obi bromance, something I thought we'd never see. Weird how they decided to give the Grafs a descendant when I doubt most kids even read that series.

Captain Phasma - beautiful art and online up well with the novel considering her personality carries over. Should be fun

Vader - FANTASTIC issue. Everything I could want, even Sheev spinning.

WHAT

ThinkGeek has these framed portraits for TLJ that include Rey, Luke, Hux and one of the guards for 14.99. I ordered Rey and received it today and immediately ordered Luke once I saw the quality. The print is textured and just feels really good for only 14.99.

7Zcmdvt.jpg

Surfinn

ThinkGeek has these framed portraits for TLJ that include Rey, Luke, Hux and one of the guards for 14.99. I ordered Rey and received it today and immediately ordered Luke once I saw the quality. The print is textured and just feels really good for only 14.99.

7Zcmdvt.jpg
Fuck

I want this

sphagnum

Banned
I like that in some promo pics she's wielding reverse style. Hopefully there will be a convoluted canon explanation about how Luke shows her a holocron of Ahsoka offscreen or something.

Is it just me or do the porgs seem deliberately evocative of the design of BB-8, with their orange, gray and white colouring, large lens-like eyes and round bodies?

Big One

Banned
I hear the new Star Wars comics are great, but I have no idea where to start. Would you all be able to offer me any advice?
Read Star Wars (2015) issue 1 and Darth Vader (2015) issue 1. Darth Vader (2015) is continued in the current ongoing Doctor Aphra comic. There's a new Darth Vader (2017) comic that's set after Revenge of the Sith that's currently running as well.

All four of these are essentially the mainline stuff.

Vashetti

Banned
The Shattered Empire comic is pretty good as a build up to TFA.

I liked the idea of the Emperor having a contingency plan if he was killed. Quite creepy having his face on droid heads.

Pachimari

What about the books? Which one is the easiest to start out with? I've only seen the movies. So I don't know anything about guys like Thrawn. Is Leia the best one to start out with?

Top Bottom