• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

oji-san

Banned
Any missions that could "expired"?

Got to Paradiso, there's some quest around orbit there, when i landed and explored the hotel i managed to get 2 or 3 quests more, my list of quests is getting bigger, even didn't finish the UC Vanguard yet. Did you had any quest failed in time?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yo what the fuck, I'm glad I haven't ran across these things so far. They look terrifying as fuck.

It's like a octpus spider and it runs really fast too.

F6FYB0ZX0AAN0BC

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Yes, but it will say if it has a time limit, these are generally like delivery or bounty quests though.
Thank you, yeah i saw those couple of time, was a few delivery missions with a timer, those i don't play as i have enough on my plate, game is awesome.

adamsapple

I've on and off had the Adoring Fan following me around for hours, and I'm still hearing new lines from him.

We just got off the ship at Akila City and he goes: "This looks like a good place to buy a succulent!"

They really did that perk some solid justice with just how much unique dialogue there is for him.

I met him on a rogue AI mission. He was pretty chill. His partner was nuts.

Yep, same mission. If they all live through it, he and his crazy partner (who looks like a clone of the Freestar ranger in Neon) are both chilling in the Ryujin tower's lobby.

Topher

Gold Member
They really did that perk some solid justice with just how much unique dialogue there is for him.

Yep, same mission. If they all live through it, he and his crazy partner (who looks like a clone of the Freestar ranger in Neon) are both chilling in the Ryujin tower's lobby.

I'll visit

Topher

Gold Member
Have you started the Ryujin faction missions? After some simple missions at the start, the mid/late missions are much more interesting with genuine coroprate espionage kind of stuff.

Yeah, I finished it. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I put some points in stealth. I ended up having to run past all the guards most of the time. Kind of killed the whole espionage mood.

adamsapple

Yeah, I finished it. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I put some points in stealth. I ended up having to run past all the guards most of the time. Kind of killed the whole espionage mood.

Ah, I can imagine that. I made the mistake of bringing Barret in one of the building espionages and he just started blasting everyone. My last save was way too far behind that so that mission had Dalton yelling at me about killing so many people, even though I personally didn't kill a single person lol.

Are any of the companions more OK with killing and theft? Andreja is my wife but I guess sometimes wife needs to stay home, because she gets a little too concerned with what might be going on. Guessing Vasco?

With the way people talked about this game before it came out, I thought I was going to be bombarded with load screens at every corner. More than any Bethesda game and sometimes completely out the blue. So much loading that it would be disruptive and ruin immersion.

It just feels like a Bethesda game. What a bunch of babies. Game plays great.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Finished Freestar. Yikes, very poorly written and executed, with an absolutely braindead plot development. Hopefully that's the lowlight of the major factions. At least the reward is great.

I'll probably save Crimson for last, so more main quest + Ryujin next.

I have stealth, security, pistols, jetpacks, and weightlifting maxed out, and some points in piloting, persuasion, etc. Going for weapon engineering next.

With the way people talked about this game before it came out, I thought I was going to be bombarded with load screens at every corner. More than any Bethesda game and sometimes completely out the blue. So much loading that it would be disruptive and ruin immersion.

Exactly right.

tmlDan

Bethesda game or not, it has way too many loading screens lol

Its every time you open a door, go on your ship, travel, cutscenes for taking off and landing (loading). It's def not a good thing, no excuses for Bethesda imo

Was it the Walter Stroud mission?

What did you think of the post-mission revelations after you try to leave Neon.

Yes, it was the one with the exchange.

It was kind of what I expected, though it did come up before I was expecting it to. I figured that type of revelation would be closer to the end-game.

It kind of gave me Star-Trek prime directive vibes

Topher

Gold Member
Some guy on Reddit married Sarah … he needs support

My second play through I'm going to be a real shithead. Going to marry her....and dump her right away. Then I'm going join the Crimson Fleet, make all the wrong choices as a Ranger and a Vanguard. Going to be flush with bribe money and demand payment for every little thing I do.

Basically, I'll be a US Congressman.

Black And White Loop GIF by xponentialdesign

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
and demand payment for every little thing I do.
It's unfortunate that everyone throws thousands of credits at you for no reason every five minutes. It kind of misses the point of these sorts of dialogue options. *takes out cane* Back in my day with Baldur's Gate 1 and the like, we walked 40 miles uphill both ways and people wouldn't pay you for your random acts of intervention unless you asked them for money, which was a tradeoff between reputation/disposition and tangible rewards. Starfield NPCs all give you trucks of credits by default, so why even ask?

Topher

Gold Member
It's unfortunate that everyone throws thousands of credits at you for no reason every five minutes. It kind of misses the point of these sorts of dialogue options. *takes out cane* Back in my day with Baldur's Gate 1 and the like, we walked 40 miles uphill both ways and people wouldn't pay you for your random acts of intervention unless you asked them for money, which was a tradeoff between reputation/disposition and tangible rewards. Starfield NPCs all give you trucks of credits by default, so why even ask?

Yeah, you do not want for credits in this game. But still fun to stay in character and get all the negative reactions for being a greedy bastard. Hopefully, anyway. If everyone gives me all those credits cheerfully then I'll be pissed.

twilo99

Gold Member
So I’ve beer reading Three Body Problem, stellar sci-fi if you are into that kind of thing, but if you are struggling to find a name for your ship there are some good warship names in there:

Infinite Frontier
Yuanfang
Foghorn
Antarctica
Ultimate
Meiji
Tempest
Han
Advance
Thanksgiving
Sirius
Atlantic
Yandi
Proton
Masada
Justice
Columbia
Ganges
Newton
Enlightenment
Cretaceous
Cloud
Nelson
Himalaya
Thor
Messenger
Genesis
Einstein
Quantum
Bronze Age
Blue Space
Deep Space
Ultimate Law
Natural Selection

All of them were involved in something called the “doomsday battle”, which is probably one of the best sci-fi scenes I’ve come across..

Last edited:
I just spent 4 hours mining the glitches loot boxes at Akira city.
10s of thousands of rounds, 200 med kits and about 170 thousand credits.
Watch your arses Spacers.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Well i was watching a video and i got a spoiler on a power you get

like a black hole that attract stuff

Since the cat is already out of the bag and i want to try the power before i get bored with the game, can some of you tell if you get it during the campaign or if it is something you find at random?

GymWolf

Gold Member
I just spent 4 hours mining the glitches loot boxes at Akira city.
10s of thousands of rounds, 200 med kits and about 170 thousand credits.
Watch your arses Spacers.
Why even bother playing the game if you cheat? it's not like the game has any challenge whatsoever and you need that edge over the enemies :lollipop_squinting:

Like i have almost 500.000 space dollars and i never used glitches (or built an outpost), money are not a problem in this game if you just loot bodies and explore indoors locations.

Roberts

Well i was watching a video and i got a spoiler on a power you get

like a black hole that attract stuff

Since the cat is already out of the bag and i want to try the power before i get bored with the game, can some of you tell if you get it during the campaign or if it is something you find at random?

I assume you have to find it. I’m near very end of the main story (I think) and I don’t have it yet.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I assume you have to find it. I’m near very end of the main story (I think) and I don’t have it yet.
But how does it work with the "finding"?

Because
i have like short of 10 powers and they were all assigned missions with the whole scanner interference thing.

Do i have to start scanning planets or land everywhere to check for interferences or what?

I barely scanned or explored planets that weren't related to some sort of sidequest and i can't see myself starting now :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

If you people know the exact place for that thing, put it under spoiler and tell me.

Last edited:
Why not set up your own infinite money and XP making outposts instead? It’s actual gameplay, it’s fun and it takes like 30 minutes!
I'm going on a blasting run where everyone comes after me, there's bounties on my head and there will be no peace in the universe.
I am playing it a couple of ways.
Love the game. So many ways to play, so many directions you can take it.

Last edited:
Man, played nearly 60 hours before this patch and now that I've had the patch, there's a lot more issues for me. I had maybe crashed out once before, but now it's happening fairly often. :messenger_loudly_crying:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I think i'm missing the joke here

Did he made a ship with just engines taped together (so the name face melter)?!

My man, the engines are mounted in front of the cockpit. If this is a joke, it's not a very good one!

Anyway, I'm on to another rant on how undercooked some of the missions are. I'm on this space station clinic doing Ranger shit. Without going into spoilers, I've accessed a secure wing and I've found a dead nurse/doctor on the floor there. I've done my investigation and quest marker told me to leave but I was like, hey, I can't just fucking leave and not inform my fellow Ranger stationed here that there's a dead body decorating one of the floors... and of course I couldn't. What? Why? Everything is just so cartoonish and not grounded, I hate it!

Freeman76

I read somewhere that there is a questline that makes half the enemies in the game friendly towards you? Is that true? Seems like one to avoid til near the end if so?

Virex

Banned
Played for 30 hours and I'm done. This is way too boring, I wanted some exploration Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout style and there is none of it. Just fast travel, load this, fast travel load screen on this door, shoot some baddies. It's boring, 'm done.

BigLee74

Loving this, but must admit it needs some QoL improvements.

Would it be hard for them to add a ‘dock and board option’ or a ‘cockpit and undock’ when leaving?

It’s death by 1000 loading screens. The loads are often quick, but so many and so frequent.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Overall I love the game but man some of these quests are so game-y and unbelievable

I had a quest to steal the “ES Award” which is some highly coveted prize locked up in a safe that requires an ID to unlock. The way I got it was by talking to the lady (who was annoyed that I even talked to her) and asked her to give me her ID. I used the persuasion skill and asked really nicely.

I was thinking there’d be no way it was that easy but it was.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I had a quest to steal the “ES Award” which is some highly coveted prize locked up in a safe that requires an ID to unlock. The way I got it was by talking to the lady (who was annoyed that I even talked to her) and asked her to give me her ID. I used the persuasion skill and asked really nicely.

I was thinking there’d be no way it was that easy but it was.

I also think this is THE ONLY way to get it, if you don't want involve the captain (someone please correct me). You can't pickpocket it, you can't overhear the code when she's checking her shit in the safe, can't steal it from her room... nothing like that. Amazing quest design.

Top Bottom