• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | Review Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 40-45%

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 81 12.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 241 37.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 243 37.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 55 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well they're doing us a favour by keeping a journal.

True, but I hope the readers move on from the Foreword into the actual book as well.

We're probably gonna get a lot more new hands on experiences on the 6th. Can't wait for more people to try this.

Lokaum D+

Defdo buying this game. Looks great. I love dogfights and this looks a lot better than what we have in starfield. Thanks for posting.
Everspace2 is "free" on gamepass PC and Xbox

Elite Dangerous

Last edited:

iHaunter

Eh....hard to take a rating at face value from someone watching videos of others playing the game. If you just mean you don't think this game is for you based on what you've seen then sure.

I'll say this. The game doesn't live up to the space exploration hype. That is certain. But beyond that, this is a kickass Bethesda game in its own right. Yes.....plenty of flaws but is it fun? Yeah, it really is. As others have said it takes a while for it to click. Clicked for me tonight and now I'm just having a blast. Saying all that just to say.....do yourself a favor and go in with an open mind and give it time.
I'm not too uspet about it either way. I had low expectations to begin with. Just going to play it and get GamePass for a month. Worth that at least.

killatopak

Gold Member
Maybe when you travel to the next planet they could have faded through black and had a "TWO DAYS LATER" title card (or a TWELVE WEEKS LATER for long journey), to add to the immersion? That might have also made some of the time dependent missions feel a bit more meaty too.
That's certainly something I would like. If it wasn't there already, I really like the sense of progression of time in Bethesda games even if in a form of superficial calendar. It's definitely something I look to after big objectives like. Like for example, gaining the full power of the dragonborn in Solstheim two years after the events in Helgen. It shows how far I've come in two years. It definitely adds to the immersion and it is also virtually in every Elder Scrolls or Fallout game released. Time do move forward and pass during fast travel.

Last edited:

BlackTron

that's why the right place to play Bethesda games is on PC, console players ll get so frustrated in 2 - 3 months when this game ll be looking like Starfield 2 on PC thank to mods.

I wonder if the Gamepass PC version will be as moddable as the Steam version, how has that been for other games? Doesn't look good from my impression of how they handle the folders. Would be funny to have Gamepass and pirate it anyway. lol

Lokaum D+

I wonder if the Gamepass PC version will be as moddable as the Steam version, how has that been for other games? Doesn't look good from my impression of how they handle the folders. Would be funny to have Gamepass and pirate it anyway. lol
never moded any gamepass game, i think if you plan to mod just buy steam version.

solidus12

Here is the correct way to play Starfield for it to be a 10/10 experience:

egxVm02.jpg

twilo99

Gold Member
Once again, the vast majority of really useful mods (like UI mods) are bound o some 3rd party stuff like Script Extender. So no, Xbox mods are essentially vaporware. PC UWP has the encrypted file structure so moddable Starfield is Steam-only.

Oh I see..

So I wonder what kind of mods are coming to Xbox then.. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I was able to apply a few mods to the gamepass version on PC as well, wasn’t sure if that would be possible either but it seems fine

Kikorin

egxVm02.jpg

This make no sense. These days games are so long and watered down that I'm lucky yet if one can keep me entertained until the end, no way I'm going to replay it a second time, especially if I already know the main story lol.

Last edited:

Synless

So is the the ending extra play like the Nier series (specifically Automata) or just a loose continuation that isn’t all great?

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
has to be the most moronic “creative choice” ever if true, really hoping its a joke
It's an overreaction. It's essentialy standart NG+ with old gear and full leveling but with full progression reset. It's just tied neatly with the (IMO totally moronic) ending.

Also, I've finished MSQ half an hour ago and it was even more underwhelming, than in F4. Tho there are a few really cool locations along the way.

Lokaum D+

has to be the most moronic “creative choice” ever if true, really hoping its a joke
well at least, by finishing the main campaign once and starting a NG+ you ll have 2 times the exploration, do it more14 times and you ll get 16 times the exploration.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut

They didn't lie folks they just omitted some things. :messenger_relieved:

That post is heavily downvoted to not make it to the front page
Some good comments

It's funny, the same rabid fanboys who respond to the emptiness of space flight with "omg, you have such high expectations. I knew what I was getting before I bought the game."

Are the same ones who, weeks back, were coming up with elaborate fantasies like how they were going to role-play as a space pirate travelling around the system commandeering other ships.

The lengths they go through to downplay Bathesda's disingenuous marketing is remarkable

Another one

I just enjoy the goalpost moving. It's not exclusive to Starfield, but every time a game overpromises and underdelivers there's a loyal fanbase that jumps through insane hoops to defend it. Nintendo fans are probably the worst for this, but Bethesda fanboys are close. Game is still good, but people just need to be honest about what wasn't delivered.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

egxVm02.jpg
There are a couple of reasons for this as a text from a friend spoiled it for me and I will not say here what it is but its most likely how I will play it once I get back to hammering

Its not a joke

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
There are a couple of reasons for this as a text from a friend spoiled it for me and I will not say here what it is but its most likely how I will play it once I get back to hammering
My game runs really bad but i don't see my self playing twice
Is there a way to load a finished save to start directly NG+?

killatopak

Gold Member
I just wanna know if there is a consequence of not going for NG+ as a goal for the first playthrough. Like Is there systems that are exclusive to NG+ or will I be punished for taking my time in the first playthrough? Will resources carry over? Will information gathered from these 1000 planets be reset in some sense? I don't want to do a Diablo 4 redo on a single player non season game. Stuff like faction reputation and relationship. Will they all be need to be redone for the second playthrough?

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I just wanna know if there is a consequence of not going for NG+ as a goal for the first playthrough. Like Is there systems that are exclusive to NG+ or will I be punished for taking my time in the first playthrough? Will resources carry over? Will information gathered from these 1000 planets be reset in some sense? I don't want to do a Diablo 4 redo on a single player non season game. Stuff like faction reputation and relationship. Will they all be need to be redone for the second playthrough?
People are being idiotic about it, refusing to share pertinent details as to why you should do it, but insisting you should.

Apparently you can skip the story missions in NG+ but everything else resets other than character progression. And there’s a spoiler reason why it’s better to do side content in NG+.

This is the opposite of how I play Bethesda games, so unless there’s a legitimate compelling reason for this bizarre design decision I’m ignoring it.

Top Bottom