• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosur

Just started up BL2 (which I've played before multiple times) and it's doing a 24 step first time setup thing. What the hell?

Cth

What's the consensus on Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed? I have literally never heard of this game until the sale that started today.

Is it any good?

As someone who hasn't played a lot of kart games (aside from Mario and All Star) it was a lot of fun. Gameplay is varied as its not just kart racing, but switches at times to boating and flying. AI seemed fairly decent, I don't remember a lot of cheap shot stuff (or rubber banding AI).

My daughter loves the game, unfortunately I missed the deal. It was a good rental (tried it on the WiiU) but admittedly I can't see paying a lot for it (read: more than $10-15)

I haven't looked into the PC version, so I dunno what the multiplayer is like (if any)

EDIT: Character wise, lots of fun choices. As others said, SEGA fans will love it.

bigace33

Rise of the Argonaughts is $3.06 at Greenman gaming with 10% voucher. Don't know how good it is but for $3 buckeroonies I can deal with it.

73V3N

Banned
I do understand your confusion. Alan Wake is indeed a 8GB game, but I already had it, and I did play it this afternoon (and got a couple of acheivments). But this one is not the same game (and from the stress test I just ran, it runs better than the original Alan Wake). This is not a full-blown retail game. Came out on Xbox Live Arcade for 15$, while the original was a full retail game.

Why would I want another one (may say to trade, bla bla, but come on...)

I know all that, I mistaken their file size, but i know which one I saw in your profile before, you can't get them wrong since their banners are way different.

but whatever, it's not a big deal for me.

rrs

Sonic Kart is worth every last cent, it's full of SEGA fan service and a great kart racing game.

What I found funny about sega is that even though their configure menus sucks, their pc ports are really well optimized most of the time

Sonic Generations would like to have a word with you.

Cth

Hrm.. I've always been curious about They Bleed Pixels (love HP Lovecraft stuff)... the art style looks great and the game looks possibly fun..

But.. I'm reading this is possibly more difficult than Super Meat Boy?

On one hand it's a good deal, on the other, the sheer level of frustration..

So this is what it feels like to participate in a Summer Sale huh? :D

The collectors edition for the xbox had a hardcover book with more info/story tie-ins.

More people need to check that stuff out.. I wish more games did that sort of thing. Reminds me of the old days with Infocom.

Had the collectors edition on 360, sadly sold it when I got rid of my 360 though. Played through Alan Wake with the dev commentary though is awesome, more gaes need that

I started playing earlier today thanks to user Buttonbasher and i absolutely love the game. I never picked it up when it initially released on xbox or PC because i always assumed it was some boring cheap scare horror game until i was told it's more like a psychological thriller and boy oh boy is it.

I can't wait to dive back into the game later. What i did find highly amusing about the game was when i initially started it, it said my computer was under the recommended settings yet i run it maxed out at way over 60fps.

The port is really great, you and max out AA, draw distance, FOV etc and still get really good perform

Thoughts on They Bleed Pixels? I think i'll wait for a bundle, but it's still tempting.

Fun game, stupidly hard and frustrating though. Or maybe I just suck

Dinosur

I got that last night... Very weird but it worked out okay.

Thanks. Was worried it was going to bork my Windows installation or something because it seemed like it just installed the same three things over and over.

Just picked up They Bleed Pixels at gmg so gonna play that instead anyway hehe.

Teknoman

Sonic Kart is worth every last cent, it's full of SEGA fan service and a great kart racing game.

Sonic Generations would like to have a word with you.

Generations runs pretty well, looks great, and has a config menu that doesnt really look all that modern.

Anyway, how do you tell what friends have a certain game on their wishlist?

Hrm.. I've always been curious about They Bleed Pixels (love HP Lovecraft stuff)... the art style looks great and the game looks possibly fun..

Definitely more difficult than Meat Boy since you have to fight enemies as well

This card stuff is bullshit. I've been playing FTL and Isaac quite a bit (today and yesterday) and I haven't got a single card yet in either.

And that Pillar of Community badge is broken as well.

Ok,

Might as well get rid of it this way!

Free (potentially used as I have no way to verify it properly and cannot remember if it was used) XCOM Key to the first person who can tell me what band it was I saw this year...

jediyoshi

This card stuff is bullshit. I've been playing FTL and Isaac quite a bit (today and yesterday) and I haven't got a single card yet in either.

You don't need to actually interact with the game, you can just leave it idling in the background.

Fenror

Neo Member

I can only think of one part of They Bleed Pixels that took as much time to beat as some of the hardest SMB levels, but yeah it gets quite difficult. Controls are not as tight as SMB though, which can add difficulty in a not so pleasant way. But overall I really enjoyed the game.

BorntoPlay

It was decent of what I played of it, just don't expect Psychonauts quality

yeah i know... but is not comparable... Psychonauts is more like a 3d plataformer... the cave remind me old games like The Lost Vikings...

if someone have a spare key i´m glad to take it...:p

Deliverance

Neo Member

It's been happening to me for two days now. I've been playing the shit out of FTL and Defender's Quest and I haven't seen a single card drop for these two games.

smr00

Banned
Got it. So not a rare sale. Thanks for the heads up, almost bought it.
If you are just mildly interested or saving $ for the steam sale i would wait because it wouldn't surprise me to see it on sale again during the summer sale.

But if you have the extra $ to spend i would say it's worth picking up now but again if it's not something you have to get your hands on right now i can guarantee it will be on sale within the next month somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom