• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezra2680

No one except you can see your account name, so you could just think of it as a second password. If you do want to change it, I guess you could contact Steam support and see if they'll help you, but I think their general policy is to not allow account name changes.

Sorry, meant here on gaf

Nabs

I have a question.

A couple of friends activated Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed via the free weekend thingie, and now that I've bought the 4 pack I can't send it to them because it shows that they already own it!

Is there a workaround?

Trade with 'em and give them the copies that way.

I have a question.

A couple of friends activated Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed via the free weekend thingie, and now that I've bought the 4 pack I can't send it to them because it shows that they already own it!

Is there a workaround?

I guess you just have to wait until the free weekend is over.

Astarte

What I'm betting on is Gabe finally answers the question of sales by spreading his arms and proclaiming, "Don't you see? You've been having the sales already!"

Sorry this is off topic, but who do you message to request a account name change? I saw something about it once, but can't seem to remember. Just want to try and get it to match up with most of my other online aliases.

Edit: I see, you meant on GAF. You contact a mod and beg.

I missed the Sonic Pack while the price error was going on, so I picked up Racing Transformed by itself. Not too miffed as I had everything else I wanted in the Sonic Pack anyway, other than the undesirables like Sonic 4.

Also seems like Skullgirls Beta is now a go, woop.

I have a suspicion that somehow my Steam installation got corrupted. To allay that suspicion I would like to wipe whatever Steam files I can without having to reinstall my games. Any advice or links to help me do this? I've done this before seemingly correct, but I want to make sure I do it right.

I have a suspicion that somehow my Steam installation got corrupted. To allay that suspicion I would like to wipe whatever Steam files I can without having to reinstall my games. Any advice or links to help me do this? I've done this before seemingly correct, but I want to make sure I do it right.

Go into the Common folder in Steamapps and take out all your game folders. When you reinstall steam, put the folders back in and redownload all the games you have so it can automatically detect the files you have.

Digoman

I have a suspicion that somehow my Steam installation got corrupted. To allay that suspicion I would like to wipe whatever Steam files I can without having to reinstall my games. Any advice or links to help me do this? I've done this
before seemingly correct, but I want to make sure I do it right.

Don't know how up to date the support article is:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638

Basically, delete everything on steam folder except the Steamapps and Userdata folders and the steam.exe executable (with steam closed of course). Then restart (don't think it's necessary but who knows) and run the executable.

It should redownload everything and keep your game/saves, etc. I did this a couple of days ago to get rid of a "Ubisoft Test App" on my library and didn't have any problems.

I have a question.

Is there a workaround?
What we did with the GAF 4-pack was we sent the gifts via email instead of through steam.

This way the recipient can activate the gift normally. :)

Lint21

Neo Member
Another batch of GMG 6 hour deals:

ciYlBfG.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
GMG's sale is officially worse than Amazon's now.

The bar has been set so low for Valve that they will probably trip over it and ruin the rest of summer.

aza

For people that have Sonic All Star Racing Transformed: can someone tell me exactly where the Configuration Tool is located, and what the file is named? I can't find any information about it on the internet.

Weird that the last two times I tried to buy things with my Steam wallet instead of Paypal I got a region mismatch error when I got to checkout saying my wallet funds and Steam store region aren't the same. I always used US before and it didn't seem to matter outside of using Steam wallet, so I tried setting my region code to ?cc=can and that did the trick.

Weird though because the only difference seems to be the game page listing ratings with PEGI. Canada's not Europe, Gabe!

Ezalc

Well at least it has Demigod, but I'm not in a position to be spending money anymore unless it was directly on steam due to steam wallet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gog sales ends in 11 hours.

I'd been thinking of buying Atari's catalogue as its corpse is due to be picked at this month, but since the Summer Sale is around the corner I settled on just purchasing the games I was after in particular (Outcast, Total Annihilation and TA: Kingdoms).

JaseC

Here's an interesting question: Does any fellow Australian know if the copy of L4D2 (some) people received from the Valve Complete Pack reward Valve handed out to those who'd earned the golden potato is the regular version and not the low violence version? The VCP isn't available on Steam AU since Valve doesn't have a sub for it with the low violence version of L4D2 in place of the regular version, but obviously, at Valve's end, it nonetheless would have been easy to ensure the former was being sent to users in territories for which it's intended.

kennah

Get yer Indie Game: The Movie achievements!!
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?AppID=207080

Code:
	Feature Complete
Watch Indie Game: The Movie.	0	1.0	 
	Extra Lives
Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie extras.	0	1.0	 
	Nice to Meat You
Listen to Team Meat's Indie Game: The Movie commentary track.	0	1.0	 
	Teh Internets
Press the Twitter or Facebook buttons on the Indie Game: The Movie extras menu.	0	1.0	 
	Bonus Levels
Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie Special Edition segments.	0	1.0
heh
I want it to drop cards

JaseC

Get yer Indie Game: The Movie achievements!!
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?AppID=207080

Code:
	Feature Complete
Watch Indie Game: The Movie.	0	1.0	 
	Extra Lives
Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie extras.	0	1.0	 
	Nice to Meat You
Listen to Team Meat's Indie Game: The Movie commentary track.	0	1.0	 
	Teh Internets
Press the Twitter or Facebook buttons on the Indie Game: The Movie extras menu.	0	1.0	 
	Bonus Levels
Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie Special Edition segments.	0	1.0
heh

How long until I can get achievements for watching Saoirse Ronan's films? :p

RE: Revelations for $26.80 is a complete joke?

The base price of Revelations PC is a joke considering, while Capcom did add a few new features, it's still a 15-month-old port of a 3DS game that launched at $40.

Snap! Whomever you are, I deleted my private messages without getting your steam profile ID. We were discussing how trade keys work on steam. You were offering Mark of the Ninja. Hope you read this but if not, thanks for the generosity. Very much appreciated.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How is L4D2 the second best seller? I mean who doesn't own it already, it's been on sale a literal billion times.

Sonic Racing is reminding me of a pet peeve I have with some PC games. It's annoying when a game will keep a mouse cursor on screen even if you're fully playing it with a controller.

HoosTrax

How is L4D2 the second best seller? I mean who doesn't own it already, it's been on sale a literal billion times.
More humans reaching gaming age I guess. Or finally getting into PC gaming. I shouldn't talk though -- I managed to avoid buying Magicka for two years before caving.

chadskin

Does anyone else feel like Steam is loooong overdue for a new client and UI?

They kept on adding more and more stuff atop the solid basis throughout the years (Trading Cards, Steam Levels, Greenlight et. al.) that it's just a mess now. Horrible UI aside, the client itself feels so "heavy" and blown up code-wise. Take simple things like navigating around the social features for which they apparently use an integrated browser based on IE6. It's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom