• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMERG0D

You get 33.5% of my love.

So what is the consensus on FF7 on Steam? Is it shit? Pass? Buy?
Well there's a one time login with an SE account and there's the different OST. (You can replace the files easily if you prefer the PS1 soundtrack) The models are slightly smoother and there's achievements. However you can't do widescreen that well because it stretches the backgrounds. It really depends if you want the game or not, $12 can be a lot for a 16 year old game.

I think it's worth it though if you haven't played it in a while.

ShaneB

ITT we add people to our friends list and never talk to them

:D

I try my best to at least chat a little to people I add, or to those that add me. Just a comment here or there on a game they are playing, or if they are new to Steam just some pointers here and there.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have a random guess the Summer Sale might be today. The servers were overloaded all night to the point gifting some old games via Steam trading or downloading things off the Steam Workshop was freezing not just for me but everyone I was in a Skype call with. The Killing Floor summer event just started, Left 4 Dead 2 just updated, and if my memory is not faulty from last year, I believe the last summer sale started either the first Friday of July, so placing my bets on today.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Check out the [Amazon Summer Sale] thread if you haven't already.

------

Reminder of Steam activated [Nuuvem] sales. Prices will be slightly higher on Paypal.

• Legends of Pegasus - $17.78 - removed from Steam but still activates, game is in bad shape

The game being on sale, plus the recent registry fiddling, suggests that Kalypso has the necessary rights to sell it again (Novacore shut up shop last October). Pity there's no key for the Special/Limited Edition (they're one and the same but certain territories favour one moniker over the other).

GAMERG0D

I have a random guess the Summer Sale might be today. The servers were overloaded all night to the point gifting some old games via Steam trading or downloading things off the Steam Workshop was freezing not just for me but everyone I was in a Skype call with. The Killing Floor summer event just started, Left 4 Dead 2 just updated, and if my memory is not faulty from last year, I believe the last summer sale started either the first Friday of July, so placing my bets on today.
There is an assumption that it starts on July 11th. I don't think it would be today.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
There is an assumption that it starts on July 11th. I don't think it would be today.

If that were the case, that'd be cool
That's my birthday.

I just thought it odd the Steam servers started acting up badly for me and other throughout on and off last night, a few summer game events starting, and then recalled about when it started last year.

Overdoziz

Banned
Max Payne 3 has the best gunplay on a third person shooter, so that amounts to something

but yeah Far Cry 3? eesh
Max Payne 3 had pretty good gunplay, but the game dragged on for way too long and because of the lack of variety in the combat it become really tedious.

I'm fucking ashamed of this, I've had steam since it launched in puke green and have been active since then too, and I only have one friend on my friends list :(

Acorn

I'm fucking ashamed of this, I've had steam since it launched in puke green and have been active since then too, and I only have one friend on my friends list :(

Easily done. 100% of my irl mates are console only gamers(if they even game at all) aside from Football Manager.

Ezra2680

Don't tell me what i can't do.

You will take my friend request and you will like it. Also, what's the word on the street about Lego LOTR and Lego Batman 1 and 2? All 3 are on sale at Amazon and i feel like i need some Lego in my life.

I thought Lego LOTR was one of the best lego games. If you like LOTR at all and have enjoyed previous lego games, you'll most likely enjoy it. I think it may have been the first one that added voice acting? Although it uses mostly voice tracks from the movies.

Dawg

Lol, which one of you guys is Shotterke on steam?

I already had you on steam way before this thread, just saw your name in the steam google docs :p

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, worth it for online multiplayer? I read that it has an awful framerate.

Unfortunately I'd have to say no. I've had poor matches on both the PC and console versions of that compilation.

And those eyeing MK9 PC please be warned that the online is pretty rough for that game as well (among a list of issues, see the port's OT for current info). I've had a handful of great online matches, but it's only been a handful and some have reported even worse experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom