• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
hmm... now I see all Steam achievements for Bioshock 2, a few days ago Minerva's Den achievements were kind of "fucked", I'm wondering when will we have them up and running.
The GFWL version is pretty fucked up on Windows 8, most of the time it doesn't even start >=(

I'm gonna achievement run the shit out of it when the achievements go live.

smr00

Banned
Not a single comment on my awesome Witcher 2 screenshots?

Worst. Friends. Ever.
3.5/10

Once your paycheck clears i will revisit my review.

That's why its not worth it, plus how do you know that some of the people aren't scammers?
#YOLO #COMEATMEBROS

Seriously, how can someone scam me? I don't give out my password or do deals on faith via steam. If i do any trading it will be here on GAF. If someone gets my account banned from sending money i will just have to deal with it and e-mail support and get it worked out. You don't have to be on my friends list to send me money, right? So that risk is always there.

Dawg

The next thing I gift you is going to be a lump of coal!

tumblr_m18a39fwbK1rn29wlo1_500.gif

Ezalc

I will never get that Sonic bundle now, the one week where I actually start working to eventually feed this habit. :C

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like JaseC needs more friends. Two new friends only :p

Haha, I'm not very proactive when it comes to Steam friends. I'll happily accept requests (my Steam profile is literally two clicks away [username -> visit my homepage]), but I don't bother to participate in profile listings and rarely send requests myself; I just figure that if somebody wants to add me as a friend then they'll do so.

Haha, I'm not very proactive when it comes to Steam friends. I'll happily accept requests (my Steam profile is literally two clicks away [username -> visit my homepage]), but I don't bother to participate in profile listings and rarely send requests myself; I just figure that if somebody wants to add me as a friend then they'll do so.

Added!

oh my... 1,486 games owned

Dawg

Very subtle, JaseC.

Am I the only one who's having problems viewing screenshots in the steam client? Neither mine nor friends'. Has been going on for a while now. It works through browser.

Can't view Dawg's awesome Witcher 2 shots because of this :(

ShaneB

This is something I really enjoy. Had some great chats when people noticed I was playing a game they liked.

That said, I never dared to initiate a chat myself with someone I hadn't talk with before (even though I was tempted when I saw somoene booting up F.E.A.R. a couple of days ago), since I feel I'd be bothering them when they just want to play instead of talking to some random fool.

Heh, well of course, there is some discretion, I won't message people in a game where I know they won't get around to it (say a MP focus game or something, or a game where a message popping up would be really annoying, etc), but for instance if I see someone pop into a game of Civ V or something, I'll send a message or something saying how excited I am now for BNW, etc. or if I try playing a game and I don't like it, and I see someone on my friends list played it a lot, I'll ask them what they think of it, etc. Small things like that.

Eternia

Am I the only one who's having problems viewing screenshots in the steam client? Neither mine nor friends'. Has been going on for a while now. It works through browser.

Can't view Dawg's awesome Witcher 2 shots because of this :(
I've had issues of certain images either taking forever to load or not loading at all. Buggy all around I suppose.

v0rtikal

I don't know, the facebook comparison is a bit dumb. Personally I don't "collect" friends, but it's nice to have people added so you can trade cards/games and play co-op with.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Reading the last few pages made me realize I'll have to spend some tonight adding all of these people.

If you wanna save me some trouble, you can take the first step by adding me instead: steamcommunity.com/id/rionaam

Heh, well of course, there is some discretion, I won't message people in a game where I know they won't get around to it (say a MP focus game or something, or a game where a message popping up would be really annoying, etc), but for instance if I see someone pop into a game of Civ V or something, I'll send a message or something saying how excited I am now for BNW, etc. or if I try playing a game and I don't like it, and I see someone on my friends list played it a lot, I'll ask them what they think of it, etc. Small things like that.
I see, and you're right. There are games where you can be distracted without any trouble, but others that require your complete attention, and talking to you would ruin the mood.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Added!

oh my... 1,486 games owned

You can never have too much of a good thing. ;)

Very subtle, JaseC.

Haha, I swear it wasn't a thinly-veiled cry for friends!

This 6 deals every 6 hours thing is all sorts of annoying.

I'm still waiting on Reus. Hop to it already, GMG.

Will Arkham City DLC ever be available again?

Highly unlikely. It was removed specifically to coerce people into purchasing the GoTY Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom