• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

This is a really really great start to a library. Welcome!

Gotta agree with Stump on this one. Absolutely great haul for a first time. You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of this list. Some of my favourite Steam games are on there, even. Welcome to the regular Gaben payout.

Portal 2 is going to be the best game in that list and one of the best single player campaigns you'll ever play

Excellent list and at a great price.

Thanks a lot, guys! You got me giddy over here, this weekend is gonna be a blast. On a friend's suggestion, I got Transistor as well...Great times ahead :}

yuraya

I don't think Thanksgiving deals and Winter deals were any different last year.

I believe someone stated earlier in the thread that last year devs entered the same price for both sales. This year however they can enter different prices for Autumn and Winter so they could turn out to be different.

i'm canadian and bought it through paypal and it processed fine for me.

..now to wait and see if they email me the code or cancel it tho.

I couldn't get this to work for me. Even after putting a US address in PayPal, Gamestop complains about the address not matching up with my credit card. Too much trouble, I'll just wait for a cheaper Steam price.

I'm afraid to go to sleep and miss out on some great deal from GameStop. I just saw those games before hitting the hay. I have to think Deus Ex is a pricing error since the regular game is $40 on their website.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I believe someone stated earlier in the thread that last year devs entered the same price for both sales. This year however they can enter different prices for Autumn and Winter so they could turn out to be different.
I hope Winter sales are better. DOOM on console, physical, being $15 while a digital Steam sale for $20 is absurd.

furfoots

I think the SE games on Gamestop aren't getting delivered. I bought both Hitman and Deus Ex 30 minutes ago and not getting codes

Corpekata

Banned
The Deus ex deluxe is a price mistake for sure, the standard edition is like 40 bucks. I'd wager almost all of the linked deals on the last few pages are, so get in quick.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's so weird to have a Steam sale start and not care about it these days.

I haven't bought anything yet. I'll probably get $10 of Pinball Fx2 tables and maybe AssCreed Revelations at some point.

Plus let's face it, prices aren't as good as they used to be and the better deals are outside of steam.

Eila

With 394 Mexican pesos that make for 19.03 USD as of this talking, I got...

*Portal
*Portal 2
*Bastion
*LISA: Complete Edition (Includes expansion/sequel Lisa The Joyful, soundtrack and art)
*Borderlands 2 GOTY
*The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
*Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
*Life Is Strange Episodes 1 to 5
*The Beginner's Guide
*The Stanley Parable
*To The Moon (Soundtrack included)

All these years I've been almost exclusively a Nintendo gamer, but I was always curious about the Portal games and hearing they were so cheap prompted me to finally get a taste of PC Gaming goodness. Aside from Undertale last year and a random Sonic Humble Bundle years ago, I had never bought anything from Steam before tonight. Man, am I thrilled to make up for lost time!

Should have bought Valve Complete Pack, it's not very expensive and it comes with a shitton of great games. All the Half Life games are worth playing if you're into FPS.

kionedrik

How does Dragon's Dogma compare to Dark Souls? Is the combat as methodical as the latter or is it just spamming attacks/magic?
Also, how's the worldbuilding/setpieces? The areas look a lot more open than DS but are the dungeons comparable and exploration rewarding?

gelf

It's so weird to have a Steam sale start and not care about it these days.
Yeah It's looking likely that it's going to be the second big sale in a row in which I don't buy anything at all. Steam sales aren't fitting with my purchasing habits anymore.

I have near 200 wishlisted games and not a single deal makes me want to rush to take advantage. I can probably get it cheaper elsewhere later.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought a BASED GTX 1070 8GB, Upgrading from a gtx770 2gb, so that should be awesome YEAY

Rocket League should run really smooth on my 1080p 144Hz g-sync monitor now :p

It also comes with a free copy of Watch dogs 2
x1f4a9.png.pagespeed.ic.292Eth5N9Z.png

jonjonaug

How does Dragon's Dogma compare to Dark Souls? Is the combat as methodical as the latter or is it just spamming attacks/magic?
Also, how's the worldbuilding/setpieces? The areas look a lot more open than DS but are the dungeons comparable and exploration rewarding?

They're very different games and not really comparable. Combat varies pretty wildly depending on what class you're playing as, I'd recommend taking a look at any that seem interesting to you.

As for the worldbuilding, it's OK-ish? The game is a pretty basic open world for the most part with multiple dungeons spread out across the game, some of the dungeons are pretty cool while others are pretty basic. The dungeon in the expansion content is more well designed than any of the dungeons in the main game, with lots of well put together encounters against both small and large foes and some well designed areas.

Exploration can be rewarding, there's a good number of encounters in the world against large enemies that only show up once during the main questline. Lots of the game is sidequests and optional content.

Gilby

*Portal
*Portal 2
*Bastion
*LISA: Complete Edition (Includes expansion/sequel Lisa The Joyful, soundtrack and art)
*Borderlands 2 GOTY
*The Beginner's Guide
*The Stanley Parable

All these years I've been almost exclusively a Nintendo gamer, but I was always curious about the Portal games and hearing they were so cheap prompted me to finally get a taste of PC Gaming goodness. Aside from Undertale last year and a random Sonic Humble Bundle years ago, I had never bought anything from Steam before tonight. Man, am I thrilled to make up for lost time!

Excellent start. Once you're through those (and it will take some time) I highly recommend The Witness (and don't ever be pressured to buy anything on sale, it WILL be on sale for that price again in the future).

yuraya

*Portal
*Portal 2
*Bastion
*Borderlands 2 GOTY
*The Beginner's Guide
*The Stanley Parable

Congrats on the purchases. Don't let the Portal games sit in your backlog. Make sure to play them asap. They are amazing.

Also some food for thought on the Portal games. The Steam reviews for both Portal and Portal 2 make them the best reviewed games on Steam. Nothing comes close to them. At least I don't believe anything touches them based on quantity of reviews and percentage.

Portal = 28k reviews and 98% overwhelmingly positive
Portal 2 = 78k reviews and 98% overwhelmingly positive

Everyone needs to buy and play those games.

Kinda sad Valve never made Portal 3 :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Blade of Woe.

tumblr_mxz6feUpM91s2wio8o1_400.gif

Dark Brotherhood DLC is my jam.

Rhoc

Only bought two games

Hitman the complete Season
and
Ryse Son of Rome

happy with it. I have an insane backlog anyway.

ggx2ac

Eh... I didn't buy much at the moment. It's just a bit of whatever is cheap and if I feel like I may play it some day.

NIGHTS into Dreams
LISA
Pony Island
Life is Strange Complete Season

I've got other things I could buy but it's all what to prioritise at the moment.

I feel like I'm more likely to play games that I buy outside a Steam Sale than during one.

Eg. I haven't had time to continue but I bought and played Xanadu Next at launch and would resume playing that before I play these other games.

Stall19

Never expected Gamestop of all places to have the best PC deals. Picked up both Hitman and Deus Ex MD. Took like 4 hours for the second key to come in lol.

Robin64

This morning's quick little additions to my backlog:

Beyond Eyes
Refunct
Out There Somewhere
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition Bundle
Deponia: The Complete Journey
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Dishonored

All for less than a pizza! Insane, frankly.

Majukun

trying to decide on what to spend those 20/25 bucks..several options on the table,none of them entirely convincing

- one piece burning blood: i am a big onepiece fan, but while this game seems to reek fanservice from all the pores,it also doesn't really seem THAT good

- fallout 4: this was a game i was near to get day one but decided not too..ended up i was kinda right since from day one i heard a lot of people complaining about how shallow it is under the hood... still i played the shit out of follout 3 and new vegas,so it has to be on the list

- deus ex: mankind divided: lovet human revolution to death,to me,one of the best games of last generation...this one seem to have a better polished gameplay,but also from what i heard is really short and ,worst thing of all, it has microtransactions,and i have vowed to never support full retail games with that bullshit

- metal gear solid 5: never have been a mgs fan,but i heard lots of praise for this and here on gaf people said you really don't have to play it stealthly to enjoy it. problem is,i decided to check also what the part of the fanbase that didn't enjoy it had to say and from their description it sounded a lot like red dead redemption (another game that lot of people loved but i hated)...big empty open world with several mission but no real variety

- xcom 2: another game that i loved last gen was xcom, and this was another game that i almost bought at day one..after the initial release window though,i didn't really heard that much about this game...is it good?is it bad? curious about the opinion of people who played it a lot

- doom: not a big fps player myself,and i must say i didn't enjoyed the demo that much, but i heard nothing but praise for this game and i was curious to check it out

I know they are all really different games, but what do you think i should get? what is , in his own genre, the best of the bunch?

I'm trying to process the transaction on the items in my cart, but it gets stuck on "working" and then hangs, becoming unresponsive. This is in both the Steam application and on the web store. I called my card company and the card is fine, the funds are available and no blocks are in place. They've received no call from Steam to withdraw the funds. So they're saying that any issue is on Steam's end.

Is anybody else having this issue? Are the Steam servers having trouble? I bought a few games on Wednesday with no problems. Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom