• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to process the transaction on the items in my cart, but it gets stuck on "working" and then hangs, becoming unresponsive. This is in both the Steam application and on the web store. I called my card company and the card is fine, the funds are available and no blocks are in place. They've received no call from Steam to withdraw the funds. So they're saying that any issue is on Steam's end.

Is anybody else having this issue? Are the Steam servers having trouble? I bought a few games on Wednesday with no problems. Very strange.

I figured it out - it wouldn't let me purchase the Civ V Complete Edition as I already had the base game but not all the DLC. It was being advertised to me at a price that seemed to just bundle up all the DLC I was missing and sell me that, discounting the items that I already owned.

In fact, I wasn't aware that Steam even did such a thing. I thought you just had to buy the whole thing and eat the cost of what you already owned. Must've been a bug. When I took it out of the cart the transaction went through no problem.

Regginator

This happened earlier today.

bfadICN.png

10€ for selling a premium card.

What's a premium card, the French equivalent for a foil?

NeoRaider

Very good sale on cdkeys, some deals:

- Titanfall 2 / 28.50$
- Dishonored GOTY / 4.50$
- Batman: Arkham Knight / 6.40$
- Mafia 3 / 18$
- SW: Battlefront / 11.70$
- DOOM / 15$
- Mad Max / 4.20$
- MK X / 3$...

Arminsc

Think my final haul will be small this sale.

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD - 6,79€
Ikaruga - 4,49€
Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY - 6,10€

Very good sale on cdkeys, some deals:

- Titanfall 2 / 28.50$
- Dishonored GOTY / 4.50$
- Batman: Arkham Knight / 6.40$
- Mafia 3 / 18$
- SW: Battlefront / 11.70$
- DOOM / 15$
- Mad Max / 4.20$
- MK X / 3$...

Tempted by that Battlefront price!
Do people still play it?
Is the season pass worth it?

Uzzy

Bloody hell, Dishonoured 2 is down to £25 over on the UK Amazon store. It's the physical copy so you'll have a box to throw away, but I can live with that.

Tizoc

Bloody hell, Dishonoured 2 is down to £25 over on the UK Amazon store. It's the physical copy so you'll have a box to throw away, but I can live with that.

I say hold off as the PC ver. has performance issues. It will surely be GBP 25 again after they fix it :V

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Think my final haul will be small this sale.

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD - 6,79€
Ikaruga - 4,49€
Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY - 6,10€

Tempted by that Battlefront price!
Do people still play it?
Is the season pass worth it?

Where did you get Dragon Age for that price ?

JarrodL

- xcom 2: another game that i loved last gen was xcom, and this was another game that i almost bought at day one..after the initial release window though,i didn't really heard that much about this game...is it good?is it bad? curious about the opinion of people who played it a lot

XCOM 2 is excellent, no reason not to get it if you enjoyed the first game. One of the best games I played this year. It had some performance issues at launch, but those are mostly fixed by now.

rickyson1

bought some stuff:

STEINS;GATE
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
The Beginner's Guide
Hard West
Audioshield
The Age of Decadence
Left 4 Dead 2
Invisible, Inc. + Contingency Plan Bundle

data

6f1af02fa3.png

what... this is so weird.

This is kind of like... lining up at a store. I thought this was what everyone was trying to escape!

Thanks a lot, guys! You got me giddy over here, this weekend is gonna be a blast. On a friend's suggestion, I got Transistor as well...Great times ahead :}

Great call. I loved that game. Stick around the Steam thread if you need any recommendations or to get talked into buying something you weren't going to.

Like Hitman, which, if it doesn't go through, will be the second time I lose out on a good price while it's in my cart.

Tizoc

trying to decide on what to spend those 20/25 bucks..several options on the table,none of them entirely convincing

- one piece burning blood: i am a big onepiece fan, but while this game seems to reek fanservice from all the pores,it also doesn't really seem THAT good

- fallout 4: this was a game i was near to get day one but decided not too..ended up i was kinda right since from day one i heard a lot of people complaining about how shallow it is under the hood... still i played the shit out of follout 3 and new vegas,so it has to be on the list

- deus ex: mankind divided: lovet human revolution to death,to me,one of the best games of last generation...this one seem to have a better polished gameplay,but also from what i heard is really short and ,worst thing of all, it has microtransactions,and i have vowed to never support full retail games with that bullshit

- metal gear solid 5: never have been a mgs fan,but i heard lots of praise for this and here on gaf people said you really don't have to play it stealthly to enjoy it. problem is,i decided to check also what the part of the fanbase that didn't enjoy it had to say and from their description it sounded a lot like red dead redemption (another game that lot of people loved but i hated)...big empty open world with several mission but no real variety

- xcom 2: another game that i loved last gen was xcom, and this was another game that i almost bought at day one..after the initial release window though,i didn't really heard that much about this game...is it good?is it bad? curious about the opinion of people who played it a lot

- doom: not a big fps player myself,and i must say i didn't enjoyed the demo that much, but i heard nothing but praise for this game and i was curious to check it out

I know they are all really different games, but what do you think i should get? what is , in his own genre, the best of the bunch?
U will never need to use microtransactions in mankind divided
Some of us never evem knew they existed until after we beat the game and all in all it was a good gaming experience

garath

Only got the Witcher adventure game and salt & sanctuary this steam sale. So many better deals elsewhere. Was happy to get Deus ex mankind divided from GameStop for 22.50.

Ha. Woke up this morning, saw the cdkeys sale was up, got into the queue. It's an hour later and I need to leave for work, and I'm still in the queue. Oh well.

Benedict

I was really really close to buying a new PC this BF but the graphic card went out of stock before I went through with the purchase.

I looked for some other deals but never felt right with the parts that were on sale.
So the price was not that great compared to regular pricing.

Then I realised I won't get the computer until maybe after 10-15 days, since the shop would've built it for me. And I'm going away over Christmas so I wouldnt really get time until after new years so...
Now I guess I'll have to wait until after Christmas.

Deadly

6f1af02fa3.png

what... this is so weird.

This is kind of like... lining up at a store. I thought this was what everyone was trying to escape!
This is so dumb. At least do a sort of queue at the checkout not just to enter the website. All I want to know is what the deals are.

Sarcasm

Hey, so when it says nominate a game in each category, where do I find them? I have to change my current nominations don't I?

The cdkeys sale was advertised as being up to 10% off on their banner during the week - so I don't imagine the savings will be anything too great.

That Mad Max price... the reason for the season.

Raise it and praise it.

Speaking of, anyone buying Port Royale 3 just to double their money by getting that emoji?

Zeeman

That Mad Max price... the reason for the season.

Raise it and praise it.

Speaking of, anyone buying Port Royale 3 just to double their money by getting that emoji?

Wouldn't it make more sense to just buy the cards to craft the badge to try to get it?

edit: beaten

Courage

The cdkeys sale was advertised as being up to 10% off on their banner during the week - so I don't imagine the savings will be anything too great.
Nah it's an additional coupon for 10% off. There's some good deals there, ended up nabbing Arkham Knight Premium Edition for less than 7 bucks.

aku:jiki

I beat it and had no clue.

Absolutely loved it, ending and all. Ranking high in my top 5.
They're for "Breach", that new mode in the main menu that everyone ignored. That mode has a ton more augs and stuff than the main game does and they're tiered like loot and, of course, the game pushes you to chase that epic legendary aug that is, also of course, distributed through randomized loot packs you purchase with real money.

fantomena

Yeah, I think Im done with this sale now. I have so few things on my wishlist that Im gonna spare FC Primal, AC Russia and AC India for the winter sale. Hopefully DB Xenoverse 2 and FF X/X-2 HD will be on sale then (I know about the SE Store sale, but will wait). Masybe get AC Unity and Syndicate, but it's all about price (feel todays sale price is still too high for them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom