• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
I bought Just Cause 3, but than I noticed the XL version comes with only 3 dlcs and not all of them. Refunded, I'll wait for a better price on the complete edition.
Also I decided to avoid buying Re7 at launch. I mean, look at those triple A games, they got a 50% off in literally no time, why wasting money on a full price product if like 2 months later it will be 50% off? I mean, it's ok doing it for games you literally can't wait for, but nowdays every title got discounted very fast (see also Doom), in addition often those games are really buggy at launch (Mafia 3, Dishonored 2 etc. are some recent examples), so waiting for a price drop and some bug fixes it's the right thing to do at the moment I think.

Got myself one of those Rise of the Tomb Raider keys with the season pass for $22 or thereabouts at Gamestop. Looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the first game earlier this year, and it was long enough ago that I'm looking forward to more of that sweet bow action.

That and Pony Island are the only games I've purchased so far. Might keep my game buying light this year, I've been making good backlog progress and new games are needless distractions.

Both of these games are $15 at gamestop right now

Hitman is getting hyped up recently due to the release of the last episode completing the experience. Both games have Denuvo I believe, and Hitman has always online as well.

qXKU7gQ.png

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/rise-of-the-tomb-raider/128202
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/hitman-full-experience/123742

RotTR is just the base game, not the 20 year edition.

Weird question, if I'm sorta interested in the Naruto series and just want to get some crazy anime ninja storytelling without sitting through five billion episodes, are the Shippuden games a good way to experience the story and characters? The 3rd and 4th game are on sale for 17 bucks CAD as a bundle, seems like a good deal.

MUnited83

For you.
Weird question, if I'm sorta interested in the Naruto series and just want to get some crazy anime ninja storytelling without sitting through five billion episodes, are the Shippuden games a good way to experience the story and characters? The 3rd and 4th game are on sale for 17 bucks CAD as a bundle, seems like a good deal.

They are the definitive way of experiencing the series tbh. Though you'd need to get 2 and 1 on consoles to get the full story.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Doom was like 67% off yesterday, hopefully it still is today.

I know GAF was crazy about that game months ago, but what make it so special? Because it plays like an old school shooter from the 90s?

Can you still get the Skyrim Special Edition free upgrade if you managed to get a Legendary Edition or is it too late?

Not any more, sorry.

I know GAF was crazy about that game months ago, but what make it so special? Because it plays like an old school shooter from the 90s?

67% off here and another 11% off with the code BLACKFRIDAY11.

Erebus

I haven't played it yet but I guess so. It looks like a lot of fun from what I've seen on Youtube.

Uzzy

I'm deeply torn between Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4 right now.

I think Hearts of Iron 4 is better, but that's more of a proper wargame. The AI is kinda weak, and there's not a lot of unique content for minor nations yet.

Stellaris has a lot of promise, but it might take a while to get to the point of being excellent.

kAmui-

I'm deeply torn between Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4 right now.

qfchrkf1buey.png
You wouldn't say no to this face would you?

Stellaris is great, my #1 game of the year probably. It has some A.I. problems but I think all the paradox games do to some extent. Can't go wrong with either I'd imagine though.

rtcn63

Yep. I personally thought the campaign didn't have enough variety and progression to sustain itself. It basically boils down to "fight waves of enemies that aren't so hard as they are being fielded by fireball-throwing imps -> checkpoint -> fight more waves of enemies -> checkpoint -> More waves -> checkpo- crash before checkpoint -> Reload and fight waves of enemies..." Often within the span of a minute or two mid-game. But seeing as it's gone for what, $15? Probably worth a go if you're really into the style.

Salaadin

Damn. Gamestops website not working for anyone else?
The one thing that I wanted on sale today was Rise of the Tomb Raider and, now that its up, I cant buy it because the site farted.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (j0hnny_385, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE -- MB-7C7E49A2AB4EB00B - Taken by longlivegaming

Enjoy!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
trying to decide on what to spend those 20/25 bucks..several options on the table,none of them entirely convincing

- one piece burning blood: i am a big onepiece fan, but while this game seems to reek fanservice from all the pores,it also doesn't really seem THAT good

- fallout 4: this was a game i was near to get day one but decided not too..ended up i was kinda right since from day one i heard a lot of people complaining about how shallow it is under the hood... still i played the shit out of follout 3 and new vegas,so it has to be on the list

- deus ex: mankind divided: lovet human revolution to death,to me,one of the best games of last generation...this one seem to have a better polished gameplay,but also from what i heard is really short and ,worst thing of all, it has microtransactions,and i have vowed to never support full retail games with that bullshit

- metal gear solid 5: never have been a mgs fan,but i heard lots of praise for this and here on gaf people said you really don't have to play it stealthly to enjoy it. problem is,i decided to check also what the part of the fanbase that didn't enjoy it had to say and from their description it sounded a lot like red dead redemption (another game that lot of people loved but i hated)...big empty open world with several mission but no real variety

- xcom 2: another game that i loved last gen was xcom, and this was another game that i almost bought at day one..after the initial release window though,i didn't really heard that much about this game...is it good?is it bad? curious about the opinion of people who played it a lot

- doom: not a big fps player myself,and i must say i didn't enjoyed the demo that much, but i heard nothing but praise for this game and i was curious to check it out

I know they are all really different games, but what do you think i should get? what is , in his own genre, the best of the bunch?

Honestly, outside of Doom(which I loved) the rest is pretty meh.

I adored F3/NV but I kind of hated F4. Dull world, boring quests, conversations and player agency was dumbed way down to the point you no longer feel you have any real direct impact on the world. You literally spend almost the entire game just clearing out enemies in similar looking environs, as quest design just felt really poor overall. The bad really outweighs any good and I say skip.

DX:HR I also loved, but Mankind Divided really failed to draw me in the same way. I didn't spend too much time with it though, but it really felt off the mark in the few hours I played.

MGSV can be really fun as a stealth game, but as an MGS game it kind of sucks. Story is scaled back, the open-world was sterile and kind of pointless with most missions feeling redundant and identical. Lots of progression upgrades, but most are for lethal engagement which as a stealth player felt pointless too. Story was just ugh...

Xcom 2 supposedly ran poorly on PS4 at launch, so I would make sure it is patched or fixed as I skipped due to the technical complaints around launch.

Doom is up there as one of my favorite games this year. That campaign was an adrenaline rush and I also loved the calmer exploration and secret hunts for 100% between the demon slaughter madness.

Volimar

Skinpop

thinking about

shenzen i/o, only 10% off but looks like my kind of game
mad max. is this game good? price is good
unity of command
natural soccer
msgv
gtav
projects cars

I'm not even sure what I want... something fun with good gameplay. story doesn't matter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom