• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hey SteamGAF here is Google Form where you can add your SteamGAF nick and yout Twitter name.

Google Form

Google Sheet with SteamGAF Twitter names

Google Sheet

And there is also Twitter list that i made from people who i follow

Twitter List

Feel free to add yourself if you want :D And if you agree Thread creator can include it if he want's in OP.

Old Sheet has been deleted so please submit your names again.

Wow, there's even more than I initially thought :eek:
All those similar, so soon to each other. Can't think at least some of them will fail not by being bad but only due bad timing.

Actually gameplay wise they're not that similar from what I heard and saw, but people group them together. Hell, a couple of them are labeled as Overwatch clones when they were announced before that lol. We only have concrete release dates for two. Battleborn in May and Overwatch in June. The latter will eat the former, I'm sure. Battleborn has the least excitement surrounding it, while Overwatch has the most. We don't have concrete dates for the others, but they are planned for next year. Overwatch will find the most success, but I can see some carving a good niche out for themselves.

Dead on arrival?

and the award for the Evolve of 2016 goes to Battleborn! 2k wins it for the second consecutive year in a row!

There's been more hype in the month or so that Overwatch has been shown than the entire time we've known that Battleborn exists. If Battleborn didn't really have a chance before it certainly doesn't stand much of a chance now.

zkylon

zkylewd
squarecells_by_monooboe-d9jdd0e.jpg

OK that didn't take too long, easier than hexcells, which is good because I tended to guess much more in hexcells. Good price for easy achievements at least.:D

wtf i find it a lot more difficult than hexcells -__-

i'm on green world, steadily making progress

Garou MOTW coming to Steam too?? :O , would buy that day 1 , i know the netcode would be terrible but eehhh

It won't be terrible if Code Mystics who worked on KoF 98UM and 2002UM. Problem is they can't perform miracles. It still won't work outside of your continent more than likely :(.

zkylon

zkylewd
turns out my videocard problem was 100% chrome related

so all i have to say is

wish enhanced steam was updated on firefox :p

Monooboe

wtf i find it a lot more difficult than hexcells -__-

i'm on green world, steadily making progress

I guess all those years playing all the variations of picross has helped.:D I never encountered that frustration being stuck and failing at guessing as I did in Hexcells. Even if I had to restart often it was much easier to memorize the board.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
turns out my videocard problem was 100% chrome related

so all i have to say is

wish enhanced steam was updated on firefox :p

Last I heard, Mozilla is still targeting the Dec 14th nightly release to fix the bug I'm running into while porting the extension. With any luck we'll have something workable early next year.

Monooboe

I've bought Dark Souls 2 but haven't really played it.XD Did play Dark Souls 1 on Xbox with a friend which was fun and kind of the only way I could play, because whenever I would start to get frustrated we would just switch player.

Jawmuncher

I'm actually more excited for Ni-oh than Dark Souls 3, since it looks to be the change up and fresh take on the formula I have been wanting.

Nabs

I'm ready for more souls. Dark Souls 1 ruined gaming for me, so here's hoping this one can do the same.

Maybe Dark Souls 3 will be better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2.

maybe.
Honestly, you're better expecting DS2.5, not a DeS or DaS. That's what I'm doing. Second game had it's problems but it's still a great game. Better than most stuff really. If you accept getting more of the same of the "worst" of the series, than you'll end up positively surprised in the best case and not disappointed in the worst case.

NiOh does seem able to scratch that itch of specialty but we've only seen seconds and nothing deeper about mechanics. I go the same approach there as well. Expecting a let-down, hoping for a sleeper hit.

Such is life.

Jawmuncher

Honestly, you're better expecting DS2.5, not a DeS or DaS. That's what I'm doing. Second game had it's problems but it's still a great game. Better than most stuff really. If you accept getting more of the same of the "worst" of the series, than you'll end up positively surprised in the best case and not disappointed in the worst case.

NiOh does seem able to scratch that itch of specialty but we've only seen seconds and nothing deeper about mechanics. I go the same approach there as well. Expecting a let-down, hoping for a sleeper hit.

Such is life.

It's just a shame, I didn't find DS2 bad neither did I for BB. I just didn't feel they were very special like Demons or Dark 1. For me the last two games just lost that spark which made the earlier ones special. Dunno if that's because i'm just so used to the formula now or what.

It's just a shame, I didn't find DS2 bad neither did I for BB. I just didn't feel they were very special like Demons or Dark 1. For me the last two games just lost that spark which made the earlier ones special. Dunno if that's because i'm just so used to the formula now or what.
True dat. On the flip-side, I've been watching a lot of DeS videos and playing DaS lately. I realize that both - especially DeS - feel a lot more compact. Not that many bosses and different areas as well. But I still love the atmosphere in DeS most. I think you'd be surprised how much good lore and worldbuilding and memorable characters can do wonders to your excitement.

fantomena

Maybe Dark Souls 3 will be better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2.

I guess Im lucky since Ive already played Dark Souls 3 and now how it is. :)

Dr Dogg

I mean when you put it at only 4 months, 2 weeks and 20 hours from release Dark Souls III doesn't seem that far off. That will fly by right? :(

Runs at 60 fps with no frame-pacing issues, ugh what a shit port
/s
The Souls series started on playstation and that's where it should be played, doing so elsewhere is betraying the creator's intentions.

Anyone playing Helldivers? Good port and fun game? I bought the PS4 version when it came out and literally never launched it, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Chronoclysm -- MB-D97F30B837ADCE38 - Taken by Kuroyume
Incitement 3 -- MB-089549388BB468E1 - Taken by xGreg

these are games of the video variety

Monooboe

So in AC Syndicate, to find all the Secrets and Glitches you have to buy the maps with Helix credits ala real money? I've gotten enough for one map through gameplay but just have to make sure it's the only way to obtain the maps?

Uzzy

I mean when you put it at only 4 months, 2 weeks and 20 hours from release Dark Souls III doesn't seem that far off. That will fly by right? :(

Time is just an illusion, an artificial construct of human consciousness. It's not real. So 4 months, 4 years, 4 galactic years.. it's all meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom