• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

Also, I'm laughing so hard.
The PS2-on-PS4-"remasters" in Europe are 50Hz locked.
So basically, lazy ass emu+iso release, and not "remastered" at all.

Yup, they are pretty bad. I'm playing Rogue Galaxy and some times you can see vertical lines across the screen. The performance isn't so good either.

Dsyndrome

Thanks.

Also, I'm laughing so hard.
The PS2-on-PS4-"remasters" in Europe are 50Hz locked.
So basically, lazy ass emu+iso release, and not "remastered" at all.

Remastered to maximize your nostalgia. Sucks they're 50Hz though for you guys.

I got Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy since they never had PS2 Classics to begin with; hopefully they change course and I can upgrade my Twisted Metal Black to PS4 and make some motherfuckers repent.

Sarcasm

Yup, they are pretty bad. I'm playing Rogue Galaxy and some times you can see vertical lines across the screen. The performance isn't so good either.

V-Sync can cause tearing. Turn it off ingame and try to use Adaptive V-Sync in nvidia control panel or Dynamic V-sync Control in amd control panel.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
People listen to CHVRCHES unironically?
wijwzm.gif

While I'd normally say that the game would have bombed otherwise... this is Blizzard and they have tons of big wallet fans =/
Not just that, being a Blizzard game, it also has massive stream and esport appeal. The gameplay videos alone got gaffers on board or on the fence, I figured people would have bought it even if extra heroes are sold through marketplace, with some complaining of course.
battleborn is the pepsi to overwatch's coke.

is battleborn okay?
Battleborn wishes it was Pepsi.
Is CHVRCHES some kind of Paramore knockoff band or something..
looooool

Completely different style.

Nzyme32

Any Squarecells players - Are you able to help me determine the next logical step and can you explain why it should be the next step? I know I'm missing something

RFkdT1h.png

Any Squarecells players - Are you able to help me determine the next logical step and can you explain why it should be the next step? I know I'm missing something

RFkdT1h.png

The second row from the bottom only has one possible configuration.

Edit: As does the leftmost column.

Khronico

Played some SanctuaryRPG just now, thought I'd inform y'all of how it is:

Pretty clever writing that's sometimes genuinely funny.

The ASCII art looks awesome, each individual item, enemy, character, etc has it's own portrait, really detailed stuff.

It has an almost idle-game esque incremental gameplay loop that's incredibly addictive.

THE SOUNDTRACK IS AMAZING

Great little roguelike that's well worth the 3 bucks I paid for it.

Batman AK. It took around 15 seconds or so for my PC to load the game from the main menu, and less than 5 seconds to reload from death. Capped the game at 30 fps from the in-game setting as the switch between 30-60 fps is too jarring for me. Cranked everything to high and on except low texture at 1080p. Pretty smooth with no drops, stutter, whatsoever.

And now everytime I play the game, I wonder.. 'is this supposed to be an abysmal PC port?'

FLD

RFkdT1h.png

All the columns and rows with four values on the sides pretty much give you all the info you need to clear them. There is only one way to make those groupings work in every single case except the one with four 1s.

Man even Overwatch is a $40 game and that's a guaranteed success because Blizzard. And these guys want to charge $60 for theirs?

Batman AK. It took around 15 seconds or so for my PC to load the game from the main menu, and less than 5 seconds to reload from death. Capped the game at 30 fps from the in-game setting as the switch between 30-60 fps is too jarring for me. Cranked everything to high and on except low texture at 1080p. Pretty smooth with no drops, stutter, whatsoever.

And now everytime I play the game, I wonder.. 'is this supposed to be an abysmal PC port?'

Anything can be acceptable as long as one lowers their standards enough.

Nzyme32

The second row from the bottom only has one possible configuration.

Edit: As does the leftmost column.

All the columns and rows with four values on the sides pretty much give you all the info you need to clear them. There is only one way to make those groupings work in every single case except the one with four 1s.

Ok so I must have the rules wrong. How do the numbers on the columns / rows work? When there are 4 numbers in the example above, can they occur in any order or are they referencing blocks of 2 of the 8 squares in the row / column?

For example, the column on the left - how do I determine the position of the group of 3?

Ok so I must have the rules wrong. How do the numbers on the columns / rows work? When there are 4 numbers in the example above, can they occur in any order or are they referencing blocks of 2 of the 8 squares in the row / column?

For example, the column on the left - how do I determine the position of the group of 3?

remove the square under the 1 you've already got and the square above that group of 2

X
-
X
X
X
-
X
X

1 3 2...there has to be a break of at least one square between those

It's in the order it's written. 1 3 2 means a single block, followed by a group of 3, followed by a group of 2.

Man even Overwatch is a $40 game and that's a guaranteed success because Blizzard. And these guys want to charge $60 for theirs?

Anything can be acceptable as long as one lowers their standards enough.

But Overwatch isn't FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn Heroes!

FLD

There's always at least one space between groups. So you can clear the one directly under the 1 and the one directly above the 2. That leaves only 3 "open" squares in the column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom